Options

Eddie Kidd

Comments

• Options
    catzooocatzooo Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    I was there in the audience when he had his accident!
    Also met him a few years ago at his autobiography book signing, seemed a very happy chap,
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catzooo wrote: »
    I was there in the audience when he had his accident!
    Also met him a few years ago at his autobiography book signing, seemed a very happy chap,
    Oh God, did you see him fall?:eek:

He does generally seem to be a cheerful man, from what I've seen of him since his accident. So many people would be so bitter.
  • Options
    catzooocatzooo Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Didn 't see him fall - he was jumping across the drag strip, there was banking along both sides, people were stood watching at the side where he took off, he landed wrong at the far side of the track, then fell down the bank on the other side. Heard sirens after that, didn't know how bad it was.
  • Options
    SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea Eddie was taking part in this year's Marathon, but am having difficulty typing this through my tears after reading those two articles about him above. They're not tears of pity either ~ they're because i'm so moved to learn of his determination and bravery. Ray Winstone's tribute to him truly struck a chord ~ well said Ray.

Eddie Kidd, you have always been a beautiful-looking man, but you have now proven beyond a doubt that beauty is not always skin-deep. I wish him every success in his endeavour to make it to the finish line ~ no matter how long it takes him to get there.

I will be keeping an eye on his progress from now on and will be making the journey to London to applaud and cheer him as he crosses that finishing line.

Eddie Kidd is a true hero.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »
    I had no idea Eddie was taking part in this year's Marathon, but am having difficulty typing this through my tears after reading those two articles about him above. They're not tears of pity either ~ they're because i'm so moved to learn of his determination and bravery. Ray Winstone's tribute to him truly struck a chord ~ well said Ray.

Eddie Kidd, you have always been a beautiful-looking man, but you have now proven beyond a doubt that beauty is not always skin-deep. I wish him every success in his endeavour to make it to the finish line ~ no matter how long it takes him to get there.

I will be keeping an eye on his progress from now on and will be making the journey to London to applaud and cheer him as he crosses that finishing line.

Skaface, that is such a lovely post. Eddie IS a hero.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skaface wrote: »

This! Can't say it better myself.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to hear hes doing this and is getting there. Well done Eddie you are an inspirastion

Im :o as I really thought he had died a few years after his accident. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a damn shame he's not getting more publicity:( He's raising a heck of a lot of money too. My kids are spreading the word across facebook, twitter and tumblr - so many people thought he had died.

Keep going Eddie! Perhaps the papers can talk about him for a change, instead of Kerry and Katie.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie is an inspiration. He has made me feel so humble, I don't half read some inconsequential crap in showbiz, yet I totally missed the fabulous Eddie thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I feel so humble after reading that. I am never going to complain about anything again. If I had suffered such a serious accident as he had could I have said "I have had a great life"? Not a chance. He's an inspirational man with a great attitude and when he completes (not if) I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is his official website http://www.eddiekidd.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen a clip of Eddie on the one show. When asked what next after the marathon, he said Everest. Bless him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen a clip of Eddie on the one show. When asked what next after the marathon, he said Everest. Bless him.
    How far has he got round now? I'm glad he's getting some well-deserved publicity for this now, he's a star.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,900
    Forum Member
    Don't know when it was filmed but I'm sure they said he was just under 8 miles completed.
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember going to watch Eddie Kidd when I was younger, made a day out of it, took the children too. My son was so into the American version of him and loved the fact we had a British one. It's so sad what happened to him. However, he looks in good shape in those links and a lot younger than he is. Love Ray Winstone as a man and actor.

He is so brave to do the marathon, even try it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    I remember going to watch Eddie Kidd when I was younger, made a day out of it, took the children too. My son was so into the American version of him and loved the fact we had a British one. It's so sad what happened to him. However, he looks in good shape in those links and a lot younger than he is. Love Ray Winstone as a man and actor.

He is so brave to do the marathon, even try it. :)
    He seems to be a man who is happy in his own skin - his wife is a lot to do with that, I think, they clearly adore each other and he managed to stand up to marry her.

He doesn't seem to have an ounce of self-pity, despite the fact his accident completely changed his life forever. He just gets on with things, and actually walking the marathon route with his disabilities, for charity, is incredible.

Hey Eddie, if you're reading, when are you climbing Everest? Do you need a climbing partner?;)
  • Options
    ValderyValdery Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems to be a man who is happy in his own skin - his wife is a lot to do with that, I think, they clearly adore each other and he managed to stand up to marry her.

He doesn't seem to have an ounce of self-pity, despite the fact his accident completely changed his life forever. He just gets on with things, and actually walking the marathon route with his disabilities, for charity, is incredible.

Hey Eddie, if you're reading, when are you climbing Everest? Do you need a climbing partner?;)

Agree entirely, lovely man. :)
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    That was Nick Kamen and good looking as Nick was, Eddie was better looking. Eddie did another Levis ad,

Off topic but I remeber Nick, once got chatted up by him ...a long time ago in Ibiza - Club Tropicana days:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valdery wrote: »
    Agree entirely, lovely man. :)
    You agree entirely? You mean me, you and Eddie are all climbing Everest? Do you think his wife will mind?:D

He is lovely, he did another 3/4 mile today and Ray Winstone has paid for hotel rooms for him for the next 2 weeks so no more campervan without wheelchair access.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    i saw this on the oneshow, and thought to myself, if anybody deserved an OBE it`s him after doing this

(and unlike beckhem, he`d now which side to wear it on, and with what suit it is worn)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TenerC wrote: »
    i saw this on the oneshow, and thought to myself, if anybody deserved an OBE it`s him after doing this

(and unlike beckhem, he`d now which side to wear it on, and with what suit it is worn)
    I'm saddened that Eddie has got so little publicity, but maybe this will improve as more people become aware of what he is doing. He's asked for people with motorbikes to go down at the weekend and ride alongside him. That would be spectacular:)

As for Beckham, what a clown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TenerC wrote: »

Only an O.B.E?. I've just watched the segment on the One Show and I have tears in my eyes. The man deserves a bloody knighthood!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who missed the one show it it's on Iplayer, about 1.30 minutes in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b010y5lr/The_One_Show_04_05_2011/
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was also on one of those auction shows today. Flog it? Cash in the Attic? Something like that:cool:.

Is it cheeky of me to say "Would"?:o