Options

Lady Gaga tells her fans to stop the Madonna hate!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Kellie B wrote: »
    Exactly. She knew by posting that what would happen and it has.

All this Lady Gaga innocent bullshit is a load of crap. She knows her fans are nutters and has provoked them into attacking Madonna.

I might suggest on Madonna forums that they post the link to the whole thing to every anti bullying charity around so people can see what Lady Gaga gets up to with her fans in their secret area.

You do that Kellie B.
  • Options
    benana93benana93 Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kellie B wrote: »
    Exactly. She knew by posting that what would happen and it has.

All this Lady Gaga innocent bullshit is a load of crap. She knows her fans are nutters and has provoked them into attacking Madonna.

I might suggest on Madonna forums that they post the link to the whole thing to every anti bullying charity around so people can see what Lady Gaga gets up to with her fans in their secret area.

Please tell me you're on a wind-up. Otherwise, that is very embarrasing. There's much more you could with your spare time that would benefit the world or your local community more than trying to hype up certain fanbases against others.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    A few people posting about things that they've read Gaga has said instead of bothering to pull up the original quote. The Carly Rae Jepsen tweet was quite clearly a joke and if it was any other star you would take it as such. The Madonna reference was also quite clearly a joke, in the same vein as what Madonna said, but as usual, the same people are desperate to turn everything into some malicious act. I really don't understand the notion that Gaga's fanbase are worse than any others. I've seen the same kind of rubbish in other fanbases, especially when it concerns Gaga, in Madonna's and Britney's particularly. Loads of Madonna video are plagued with comments deriding Gaga as a tranny talentless freak, so let's stop pretending that it's just Little Monsters spewing the bile. I know Digital Spy seems to harbour an unusual amount of people who hate Gaga with a passion but its just getting ridiculous now.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few people posting about things that they've read Gaga has said instead of bothering to pull up the original quote. The Carly Rae Jepsen tweet was quite clearly a joke and if it was any other star you would take it as such. The Madonna reference was also quite clearly a joke, in the same vein as what Madonna said, but as usual, the same people are desperate to turn everything into some malicious act. I really don't understand the notion that Gaga's fanbase are worse than any others. I've seen the same kind of rubbish in other fanbases, especially when it concerns Gaga, in Madonna's and Britney's particularly. Loads of Madonna video are plagued with comments deriding Gaga as a tranny talentless freak, so let's stop pretending that it's just Little Monsters spewing the bile. I know Digital Spy seems to harbour an unusual amount of people who hate Gaga with a passion but its just getting ridiculous now.

If Madonna fans are reacting its because they have been provoked and are sick of being baited. Once the Lola and Rocco abuse started that was it. You really expected any Madonna fan to not defend them from that sort of bile? Also its not just the Madonna fans calling Gaga a tranny. Its coming from XTina's fanbase if you take a closer look. Some of them hate Lady Gaga with a passion I haven't even seen in Little Monsters. Katy Perry also has a large selection of fans who cannot stand Lady Gaga's fanbase. You look on Kylie videos and you have Gaga fans calling her a copycat and all sorts. I mean Kylie? :confused: so thats another fanbase who aren't exactly pleased either.

I also have no idea what this Carly Rae Jepsen tweet is either. I guess I've missed something....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    If Madonna fans are reacting its because they have been provoked and are sick of being baited. Once the Lola and Rocco abuse started that was it. You really expected any Madonna fan to not defend them from that sort of bile? Also its not just the Madonna fans calling Gaga a tranny. Its coming from XTina's fanbase if you take a closer look. Some of them hate Lady Gaga with a passion I haven't even seen in Little Monsters. Katy Perry also has a large selection of fans who cannot stand Lady Gaga's fanbase. You look on Kylie videos and you have Gaga fans calling her a copycat and all sorts. I mean Kylie? :confused: so thats another fanbase who aren't exactly pleased either.

I also have no idea what this Carly Rae Jepsen tweet is either. I guess I've missed something....

It isn't always the monsters first
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kazozh5 wrote: »
    It isn't always the monsters first

Well what did Kelly O do to deserve comments such as ''please die of aids'' and ''I hope you get raped'' then?

All because she said Gaga should have walked the red carpet? I didn't see any Kelly O fans attacking Gaga fans first.

When you have certain articles being posted on Lady Gaga forums with comments such as ''go on in'' basically to troll 'said artist' what do you expect? 'said fanbase of that artist' to not bite back?

The reason Little Monsters probably get attacked for their behaviour more than other fan groups is down to the fact Lady Gaga keeps telling everyone she is so against bullying. Yet she has sections of her fanbase who behave like wild animals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we all already covered that she was being facetious with regards to the crj thing and i think only one poster said madonna's fan base isnt as bad. we know they are all terrible and say horrible things to each other. i think people get especially angry at gagas fans because they supposedly are so against bullying because most of them were bullied themselves, and yet they choose to not remember that when they attack other people on the internet and wish them ill. it's completely hypocritical. madonna hasnt claimed to be the savior of the bullied or anything like that. neither has britney or katy, but gaga wants to be the voice for those who were tormented, meanwhile the people she wants to protect are causing the same torment to others. it makes no sense. wishing for adele to get throat cancer and harassing pop stars in public is beyond not okay. when gaga went on howard stern, before she even got there howard was getting death threats if he asked her the wrong questions or wasnt polite. he read some of the things on air and told her about it and she had to tell them that she likes howard. that is absurd. she shouldnt have to approve of a person before her fans decide they like them too. why cant we just be decent human beings and give people respect? her fans are out of control and it is her own fault. the day these pop stars named their fans they were asking for trouble. naming fans creates a mob mentality
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's not quite true. I don't think I have ever seen other fan base resort to dragging in the family members into abuse. You can call each other trannies, whatever, but when some LMs started hurling racial abuses at Madonna's 2 adopted African children, THAT I BELIEVE has crossed the line. It is technically a criminal offence in the UK so they better be careful these disgusting monsters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not quite true. I don't think I have ever seen other fan base resort to dragging in the family members into abuse. You can call each other trannies, whatever, but when some LMs started hurling racial abuses at Madonna's 2 adopted African children, THAT I BELIEVE has crossed the line. It is technically a criminal offence in the UK so they better be careful these disgusting monsters.

I think it was the racism directed at Mercy and David which saw that ''Help Mother Monster' blog removed. I'm still amazed that never got reported in the wider press. The person behind the blog should have been up on a charge.

Edit. I think it was. I remember the tweet when Guy found out about it and then the blog and twitter vanished.

Here is the tweet

http://twitter.com/guyoseary/status/165318301273169921
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are going to just bundle everybody into the same bracket and label then you'll find it difficult to get answers to your questions, to be honest with you. It isn't as simple as that and I think all this has done is create a little old "moral panic" surrounding her fanbase - and subsequently people claim they all do this and they're all doing this, blah blah blah. It's a load of nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benana93 wrote: »
    If you are going to just bundle everybody into the same bracket and label then you'll find it difficult to get answers to your questions, to be honest with you. It isn't as simple as that and I think all this has done is create a little old "moral panic" surrounding her fanbase - and subsequently people claim they all do this and they're all doing this, blah blah blah. It's a load of nonsense.

To be fair no one said they all do it. Its just a selection which let the side down. I remember one Madonna fan creating an album cover for Kylie called ''Confessions of a cancer patient''

That is totally sick but does it reflect the whole fanbase? no it doesn't. Most Kylie and Madonna fans like both artists. Just like many Lady Gaga and Madonna fans like both artists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, that's the risk if you associate yourself with them. that's nothing new. it happens with different races, religions, and things like that. the only difference is little monsters willingly call themselves such
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was the racism directed at Mercy and David which saw that ''Help Mother Monster' blog removed. I'm still amazed that never got reported in the wider press. The person behind the blog should have been up on a charge.

Edit. I think it was. I remember the tweet when Guy found out about it and then the blog and twitter vanished.

Here is the tweet

http://twitter.com/guyoseary/status/165318301273169921

It was disgusting. But then again, I'm sure spme of her fans on this forum think it's OK as other fanbase does it too. Well I'm afraid not!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    To be fair no one said they all do it. Its just a selection which let the side down. I remember one Madonna fan creating an album cover for Kylie called ''Confessions of a cancer patient''

That is totally sick but does it reflect the whole fanbase? no it doesn't. Most Kylie and Madonna fans like both artists. Just like many Lady Gaga and Madonna fans like both artists.

The problem is that many are far too quick to address this or that as "Lady Gaga fans", when we literally could be talking about one individual making a disgusting blog, 10-20 hassling a certain celebrity or a hundred odd spamming twitter trending topics.

Bearing in mind that she has a fanbase of literally tens of millions of people ranging in age and intensity, it's pretty silly to say "Lady Gaga fans" when we could easily be 0.0001% of the fanbase. Obviously a greater percentage get involved in stan wars, but the same can be said of all fanbases.

I know it's not always intentional, but the result is basically a reputation constructed largely of here-say, generalisation and exaggeration. People genuinely believe that Gaga has somehow bred an extreme and unparalleled army of vicious fans, and mention it at every opportunity.

To use your example, you're recalling "one Madonna fan"...whereas with Gaga, it tends to be "they even say this and do that!" despite referring to a singular blog, for instance.
  • Options
    madiain28madiain28 Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunatly Lady Gaga's fan base will be the reason she will never be the Queen of pop or have longevity. Reason because many of them appear to be vile spreading threats and really slagging off other artists. I like many others would have been classed as a casual buyer to her music and have the previous albums but due to her fan base they really have totally put me off her. There are lots of really popular female artists at the moment Rihanna, Katy Perry etc. and constant barrage of hate from Gaga fans towards them can only damage her career.
    The most worrying thing is actually that a lot if her fan base is obsessive fans ho appear deluded and unhinged. There perception of Gaga and what she has achieved is completely out of context and how they believe every other artist is somehow trying to copy everything Gaga does. The little monsters appear to be a little mad. I think it's only a matter of time before one of them flips completely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    The problem is that many are far too quick to address this or that as "Lady Gaga fans", when we literally could be talking about one individual making a disgusting blog, 10-20 hassling a certain celebrity or a hundred odd spamming twitter trending topics.

Bearing in mind that she has a fanbase of literally tens of millions of people ranging in age and intensity, it's pretty silly to say "Lady Gaga fans" when we could easily be 0.0001% of the fanbase. Obviously a greater percentage get involved in stan wars, but the same can be said of all fanbases.

I know it's not always intentional, but the result is basically a reputation constructed largely of here-say, generalisation and exaggeration. People genuinely believe that Gaga has somehow bred an extreme and unparalleled army of vicious fans, and mention it at every opportunity.

To use your example, you're recalling "one Madonna fan"...whereas with Gaga, it tends to be "they even say this and do that!" despite referring to a singular blog, for instance.

Has she got tens of millions of fans? Where are the sales to reflect this?
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he's referring to twitter where lots follow her but wouldn't call themselves fans (me included)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh. I followed loads of singers and im not a fan for a lot of them. I just do it for sheer boredum, then again I dont use my twitter anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's what I would call generalisation and exageration.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole Twitter followers thing doesn't seem to reflect over to sales. Lady Gaga alone has 25 million followers yet only 6 million, if we are to believe they aren't all shipments, of Born This Way got sold. Then you have Justin Bieber also on like 20 million followers and his latest album hasn't even passed a million sales yet has it? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Theres loads of folk on these forums who act like that over their favourite artist. I find them quite funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres loads of folk on these forums who act like that over their favourite artist. I find them quite funny.

It drives me crazy, and it's fans of all of the big artists who seem to do it, though if I'm being perfectly honest I find the Madonna fans to be the most defensive on here for some reason. :confused:

And about the fans, yeah I think taboo used it as a generalisation but of course it's incredibly difficult to gain an accurate figure on how many fans you have. The fact she's sold out nearly every date on her tour so far would suggest she hasn't exactly got problems in the fan support department.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It drives me crazy, and it's fans of all of the big artists who seem to do it, though if I'm being perfectly honest I find the Madonna fans to be the most defensive on here for some reason. :confused:

And about the fans, yeah I think taboo used it as a generalisation but of course it's incredibly difficult to gain an accurate figure on how many fans you have. The fact she's sold out nearly every date on her tour so far would suggest she hasn't exactly got problems in the fan support department.

M fans are way less defensive than the Leona Lewis fans!! I don't even think we are as bad as the Alex fans.

But lets not start a DS fan war eh :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Way to miss the point of what was being said.

"tens of millions of fans ranging in age and intensity"

A.k.a stans, big fans, casual fans, cafeteria fans etc.

She has 27 million Twitter followers, and obviously not everyone who likes her is on Twitter. 55(?) million people 'like' her on Facebook too. Obviously not all these people are big fans, but that wasn't what was said, was it?

As for popularity not being reflected in the sales, I think common sense covers that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same reason that it's incredibly difficult to gain an accurate figure on how many nutter fans who posted racist jokes about Madonna's children. Some of you may want to play down this incident but you can't accuse people of generalising one way and then did it yourself.