Man United Supporters Thread (Part 46)

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
toastie15 wrote: »
lol https://twitter.com/UtdHeaven/status/457956669868490752/photo/1 Think we are all thinking the same:o:o

Well if they want United to become a mid-table trophyless team playing dire football for the foreseeable future, Moyes is definitely the man to stick with.

While they watch Liverpool possibly climb back on the perch Fergie spent 20 years knocking them off - and maybe even doing it in a couple of seasons.

Continuation of: Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going back to part 45, the proactive moderation has done an excellent job by the looks of things. After all, we cant have posters being accused of doing complete 180 turns, can we?

Yet the same proactive moderators take 3 hours to get rid of super eagle and 27yfkkk (?). I would discuss it with them directly but they never reply to you.
  • toastie15toastie15 Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New page hopefully a new beginning with a new manager!
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why so many United fans want Mourinho? He was given a lot of resources at Chelsea this year and is likely to finish trophyless (again), also being completely owned by Rodgers.

I wasn't exactly too impressed with the way things finished at Madrid for him, given he had an abundance of resources there too (+ Ronaldo), sure he toppled Barcelona one year, but failed to win the CL, and they were shambles in his final season.

He's got a brilliant track record no doubt, but I'm a bit hesitant about Mourinho at the moment, plus he hasn't got a great record after 2-3 seasons with teams. His style of football and plans seem to go stale after a while.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,751
    Administrator
    Going back to part 45, the proactive moderation has done an excellent job by the looks of things. After all, we cant have posters being accused of doing complete 180 turns, can we?

Let's not. There has been a total of one post removed from that thread in the past 24 hours and 7 in the past 6 days, so please let's not create something that isn't there to start the thread off with bad vibes.
    Yet the same proactive moderators take 3 hours to get rid of super eagle and 27yfkkk (?). I would discuss it with them directly but they never reply to you.

Our records indicate you've never used the contact form using your username. The 'alert' system isn't a two-way system and we can find no private messages from you to the moderation account. Where are you sending these messages that never get responded to?

(Also once again - as was clarified in Part 45, while we do read threads from time to time, the forums are predominately reactively moderated. To reiterate, it would be impossible to proactively moderate a forum of this scale. To address your '3 hour' remark, there are thousands of alerts each week - it does take some time to get to each alert).
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not. There has been a total of one post removed from that thread in the past 24 hours and 7 in the past 6 days, so please let's not create something that isn't there to start the thread off with bad vibes.

Our records indicate you've never used the contact form using your username. The 'alert' system isn't a two-way system and we can find no private messages from you to the moderation account. Where are you sending these messages that never get responded to?

(Also once again - as was clarified in Part 45, while we do read threads from time to time, the forums are predominately reactively moderated. To reiterate, it would be impossible to proactively moderate a forum of this scale. To address your '3 hour' remark, there are thousands of alerts each week - it does take some time to get to each alert).

I disagree totally. I think the top of part 46 is the best place for you to reiterate that idiots and obvious WUMs will not be tolerated.

When I get to a laptop I will paste here for all to see the alert acknowledgements you sent me yesterday. You tell people to alert posts, not send private messages. But I will PM you in the future if this is your preferred way of being alerted.

You have previously claimed the threads are proactively moderated, so saying it is predominantly reactive is itself a 180.

I also tend to find the three hour thing appears basically dependent on who has made the comment in question. This is my experience from discussion of the matter with other posters.

Anyway I don't really want to take you on particularly but thank you for that reiterating of how you work.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,751
    Administrator
    When I get to a laptop I will paste here for all to see the alert acknowledgements you sent me yesterday.

You tell people to alert posts, not send private messages. But I will PM you in the future if this is your preferred way of being alerted.

Yes, alert problematic posts that violate the terms and conditions - your first post indicated you were asking questions and entering discussion with us ("I would discuss it with them directly but they never reply to you.") which you can't do through the alert system so if that is where you have been sending questions, you won't get a reply. The contact form or the PM system is where you go to ask questions. The alert system is to highlight a post for moderation attention.
    You have previously claimed the threads are proactively moderated, so saying it is predominantly reactive is itself a 180.

I also tend to find the three hour thing appears basically dependent on who has made the comment in question. This is my experience from discussion of the matter with other posters.
    The post you are referring to was linked in the quoted post linked in the first response. It never says "proactively moderated" - it says threads are routinely read - which is still true. That's not to say every post or thread is read. There are tens of thousands of posts made each day - there isn't the time or the resources to read everything posted.

The 'three hour thing' is dependant on when you alert. If you alert when there is a moderator working (the forums aren't moderated 24/7), your turnaround time will be significantly less. If you alert when there is no one working, it will enter the backlog.
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Manchester Utd - 8 players and a manager way from challenging for the league - that said the good news is that finishing 7th is the new Belgium so Utd really ought to be a shoe in for next season ;)
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Its that kind of thing on MUTV that makes me wonder if David Moyes is also being told what to say and what not to say. Surely I'm not the only one thinking that?
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1Mickey wrote: »
    Its that kind of thing on MUTV that makes me wonder if David Moyes is also being told what to say and what not to say. Surely I'm not the only one thinking that?

MUTV is a propaganda machine, everything and anything related to manchester united must be shown and discussed in a positive light and any criticism won't be tolerated, it is like watching a broadcast from North Korea...
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup. One of the reasons I don't subscribe to MUTV (along with the salt in the wound, arse-ache inducing Paddy Crerand). It makes Pravda look like a Ladybird story book.

And silencing May like this only confirms to me that Mad Moyes will still be here this time next year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Was about to post the same thing, does anyone else wake up expecting to see news of Moyes' departure? Can't believe this crap is being allowed to happen at Manchester United.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I've woken is to see a BBC article where Moyes is effectively saying we are rebuilding.

Its f**ed me off big time. The man is a class A cretin, clearly of mentally incapacitated disposition.

10 months ago, we were League Champions. That doesn't need rebuilding.

And even if he is rebuilding, he's the worst possible architect.

The only rebuilding Manchester United will need is to clean up the mess he's made when the board finally see sense and tw*t him out of the club.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MUTV is a propaganda machine, everything and anything related to manchester united must be shown and discussed in a positive light and any criticism won't be tolerated, it is like watching a broadcast from North Korea...

Which is why it makes it more likely Moyes would toe the line rather than saying what he and most others are probably thinking. It also shows why ideas of getting a big name European manager were always unlikely because I can't think of one that would be willing to constantly lie about the team being great and playing well when they've gone from Champions to seventh in one season.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Yup. One of the reasons I don't subscribe to MUTV (along with the salt in the wound, arse-ache inducing Paddy Crerand). It makes Pravda look like a Ladybird story book.

What do you expect from a wholly owned club channel? That's what we buy into when when we subscribe.

But we do see valid criticism of team performances from the likes of Lou Macari when they play badly and it's allowed, as is criticism from phone-in fans - but anything that could be taken as a personal attack isn't tolerated and that's more or less what David May did, if he said what's been reported. If he did, it took guts for him to say it, mind you! I'll see how Arthur Albiston handles it this afternoon on Big Match de-brief, and report back. ;)
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    All I've woken is to see a BBC article where Moyes is effectively saying we are rebuilding.

Its f**ed me off big time. The man is a class A cretin, clearly of mentally incapacitated disposition.

10 months ago, we were League Champions. That doesn't need rebuilding.

And even if he is rebuilding, he's the worst possible architect.

The only rebuilding Manchester United will need is to clean up the mess he's made when the board finally see sense and tw*t him out of the club.

Right on. I don't think I've ever heard more delusional shite coming from one man's mouth, even more shocking that some have actually bought in to his rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9EoW96zTQ

All these fans streaming out of Everton saying Moyes out need to do their part at Old Trafford now in removing this poison from the club. It's no wonder Moyes still thinks he has the backing of the fans when they are clapping him onto the pitch and leaving that stinking banner up.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9EoW96zTQ

All these fans streaming out of Everton saying Moyes out need to do their part at Old Trafford now in removing this poison from the club. It's no wonder Moyes still thinks he has the backing of the fans when they are clapping him onto the pitch and leaving that stinking banner up.

Exactly. It's a ridiculous state of affairs. They said they wanted him gone after the last time we lost then they cheered him on the pitch the next game and we beat Villa so everyone was happy again.

Same as the reaction to the plane stunt:
    "It's embarrassing."
    "Why? You want Moyes to stay then?"
    "No I don't, but I don't want people finding out that we want him out, what will they think of us?"
  • FireincairoFireincairo Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Seems a few papers are starting to say he will go now http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-sack-david-moyes-3438544

Dont know if its a case of them all just jumping on a bandwagon or if they have any insider knowledge
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Yep, ITV too.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much every journo with any link to United tweeted the story at the same time. It's not coincidence. Someone's let it slip. Gone within days I reckon.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humm, there will now be an awful lot of pressure on whomever the new manager will be, to get us back fighting for the top level trophies.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Darke commentating on the Celebration of the 96 match on BT saying Moyes to be sacked with Giggs becoming the 'long term replacement'...
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let's hope for an upturn in our fortunes, as it would sure be nice if there was!
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Ohh, I wonder who will present the Live Thursday show with Helen, if it is not to be May?
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    For the good of the club he has to go, like I posted yesterday I'd be amazed if he's still manager at the start of next season. The owners aren't stupid, they'll want to protect their investment.
This discussion has been closed.