Did Emmerdale build a new Home Farm set?

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,441
Forum Member
✭✭
Haven't seen Emmerdale in ages, but I know Home Farm was set on fire and so on, but have they built a totally new building for it?
http://images.radiotimes.com/namedimage/Victoria_Pendleton_to_guest_star_on_Emmerdale.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/50064.jpg
That doesn't look like Creskeld Hall at all :o

Comments

• samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks the same to me, just without all the ivy covering the front. :confused:

They did build a copy of it to burn down, but I am pretty sure that is the same house.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Looks the same to me, just without all the ivy covering the front. :confused:

They did build a copy of it to burn down, but I am pretty sure that is the same house.

Nah, it looks very different, there's even gravel where there used to be paving, not to mention the brickwork looks different
    http://www.virginmedia.com/images/Home-Farm-Emmerdale-431x300.jpg

The changes to the building look massive, and Creskeld Hall is listed, so they can't change it much. I honestly don't blame them for moving, for the reasons I just mentioned, it's just sad that Emmerdale's only original remaining set seems to have been phased out.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know then, could Emmerdale have paid for the brickwork to be restored as it would have been in the show after the fire?

Plus it's pretty easy to cover paving with gravel. So that's not an indication of anything. I don't see that they could afford to build another home farm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know then, could Emmerdale have paid for the brickwork to be restored as it would have been in the show after the fire?

I reckon they've just rebuilt Home Farm nearer the actual set now, where the one they blew up was, it'd save them more money in the long run, and they can actually make decent changes to it now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Plus it's pretty easy to cover paving with gravel. So that's not an indication of anything. I don't see that they could afford to build another home farm.

They don't have to have built the newer one the size of the old one, since only a small part of the frontage was ever seen, lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OCTOBER 2013:

A new version of Emmerdale's Home Farm could be built as part of upcoming plans for an "exciting" stunt.

Although plans for the latest dramatic storyline are being kept under wraps for now, the ITV show's bosses have applied for planning permission for a 12-month temporary
    film set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob.cryer wrote: »

It seems like that is the one for the stunt Home Farm, unless it counts the new one too, and they plan to renew it or something.
  • Simon_AntinkSimon_Antink Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    It is a brand new set. Doing a bit of googling, I found the site for the company who have provided the roof slates.

http://www.greysartstone.co.uk/news.html

It's a shame to say goodbye to Creskeld Hall after 40 years, but from a production point of view it makes sense to cut down location filming and have all their sets on the Harewood Estate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a brand new set. Doing a bit of googling, I found the site for the company who have provided the roof slates.

http://www.greysartstone.co.uk/news.html

It's a shame to say goodbye to Creskeld Hall after 40 years, but from a production point of view it makes sense to cut down location filming and have all their sets on the Harewood Estate.

Yeah, I definately can't blame Emmerdale for moving filming, it'll cost them less in the long run, make filming scenes at Home Farm more viable and generally they will be able to do more with it now.
  • anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    Ahh well, it makes sense for them to build their own home farm set given how important a part it plays in the show. It's good to see they've done this but also sad that Creskeld Hall will no longer be used, it was the last link we had with old Emmerdale really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they're still using the facade they built for the fire episodes. They were granted planning permission to build a temporary structure to use for a year, so they're probably just trying to get their money's worth out of it.

I'd very much doubt it's meant to be permanent.
  • Simon_AntinkSimon_Antink Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's the facade from the fire. The stonework is a lighter colour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, they're still using the facade they built for the fire episodes. They were granted planning permission to build a temporary structure to use for a year, so they're probably just trying to get their money's worth out of it.

I'd very much doubt it's meant to be permanent.

How would they transition from how the new Home Farm looks back to how Creskeld Hall looks though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would they transition from how the new Home Farm looks back to how Creskeld Hall looks though?

There's been no transition from Creskeld Hall to the current facade. It didn't burn to the ground so there's no reason for the current different look.

The facade looks ridiculous on-screen, it doesn't look to scale and it is only the partial front of Home Farm. They've been using builders huts and vans etc to hide this fact.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's been no transition from Creskeld Hall to the current facade. It didn't burn to the ground so there's no reason for the current different look.

The facade looks ridiculous on-screen, it doesn't look to scale and it is only the partial front of Home Farm. They've been using builders huts and vans etc to hide this fact.

But they've started using the facade now, the fire does explain why the brickwork and everything else looks different, since they would have had to have rebuilt some parts destroyed by the fire. It'd look weird if they just transitioned back to using Creskeld Hall later this year as it looks a lot different to the current Home Farm. They probably plan on renewing the application, and perhaps adding permission to build an actual structure, rather than a facade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they've started using the facade now, the fire does explain why the brickwork and everything else looks different, since they would have had to have rebuilt some parts destroyed by the fire. It'd look weird if they just transitioned back to using Creskeld Hall later this year as it looks a lot different to the current Home Farm.

If you follow that logic then the facade was used for the fire so it already looked different before the fire and the rebuild.
    They probably plan on renewing the application, and perhaps adding permission to build an actual structure, rather than a facade.

I'd very much doubt it. I can't see how they would justify a permanent replica for the few scenes they would need outside Home Farm. The Home Farm front is a wide spread and they'd need to recreate the grounds, driveway, garden archs. It would cost more than building the village did.

Unless all we're going to see of Home Farm from now on is an obstructed view of the front door area.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    It looks the same to me but didn't realise it was a new set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you follow that logic then the facade was used for the fire so it already looked different before the fire and the rebuild.

It looked closer to how Creskeld Hall actually looks though, obviously it wasnt a perfect replica, but it was close enough

http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_DWe9oFC6oXhWdCXdeff5hjv5EnvytR66sqDBbq8wwUs.jpg

Those parts of the building are the only main parts which are show often, the rest is shown a bit less frequently
    I'd very much doubt it. I can't see how they would justify a permanent replica for the few scenes they would need outside Home Farm. The Home Farm front is a wide spread and they'd need to recreate the grounds, driveway, garden archs. It would cost more than building the village did.

Unless all we're going to see of Home Farm from now on is an obstructed view of the front door area.

The facade was in a large field, so there would be room to put the driveway and everything in too, it might look less grand, but in the long run, they can personalise the building a lot more than they could with a Grade II listed building. Half the time they did stunts there they had to build new facades, hell, they even had to build one on top of the office so that Tom King could fall out of a window.

http://cdn.itv.com/uploads/editor/medium_3dSe5c4i1DqpkMdxVIGVOEdcEfM25ySpVFGFP4PiDeI.jpg

Hell, this link from earlier in the thread basically even says that ITV used the fire as an opportunity to move the set
    http://www.greysartstone.co.uk/component/content/article/16-news/38-emmerdale-home-farm.html

They wouldn't rebuild the facade just because they got permission to build one for the fire, they'd have just gone back to using Creskeld.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wouldn't rebuild the facade just because they got permission to build one for the fire, they'd have just gone back to using Creskeld.

They didn't have to rebuild the whole facade after the fire. The roof was only built in full afterwards.

Afterwards they needed to show a Home Farm where work was being done to it. They couldn't use the real location for that either.
    Those parts of the building are the only main parts which are show often, the rest is shown a bit less frequently

Like I said, all we'll ever see from now on then is an obstructed view of the front door area.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it been established that the new Home Farm is Creskeld Hall or not? It's hard to tell, since they've not shown much of it.
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

guess what there using creskeld hall again the side of it made an appearance tonight
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    It looks the same to me but didn't realise it was a new set.

Suppose that's the point really, for the set to still just look the same & for there not to be either any noticeable or obvious differences, whilst watching the show :-)

Hadn't even noticed anything different about it tbh - there seems to be a lot of eagle-eyed viewers around tbh. Didn't even realise the set was new, either :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It would only be a facade not an actual building just like the rest of the village, none of the buildings are actual buildings that you could live/ eat/ sleep in.

And it must be expensive to film at the hall... much cheaper in the long run to build a facade.
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    It would only be a facade not an actual building just like the rest of the village, none of the buildings are actual buildings that you could live/ eat/ sleep in.

And it must be expensive to film at the hall... much cheaper in the long run to build a facade.

if you watched emmerdale last night where chrissie and Robert were taking a stroll down the grass you would have seen ceskeld hall

The Facade of Home farm doesn't look like its a permanent structure because it looks like if a real bad storm comes the facade will fall flat on the ground. I have seen the back of the facade and its all timber with timber slabs holding it up.