Dr Who 7th May

1242526272830»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    I have no objections if DT goes with his natural Scottish lilt or decides on RP...would be interesting to see him play against the gimmick of a catchphrase and go for something either more subtle or darker.
    How about "Ace?!" :D

I rather like "Wicked!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,309
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    How about "Ace?!" :D

Nah, he needs to be more 'down with the kids' - how about...

'Innit!'

;)
    Forum Member
    beee wrote:
    Nah, he needs to be more 'down with the kids' - how about...

'Innit!'

;)
    Unless you're from the east end, you simply do not have the right to say 'Innit!':D
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    Unless you're from the east end, you simply do not have the right to say 'Innit!':D

Well, to bastardise (right word?) a quote from earlier in the series, lots of planets have an east end ;)
    Forum Member
    beee wrote:
    Well, to bastardise (right word?) a quote from earlier in the series, lots of planets have an east end ;)
    Very much the right word!

OK, cya in Hackney - I know an all-night bagel shop! :D

No cheek from you, or I will play the SR card.... you eating a pizza again? :D
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    I will play the SR card.... :D

Nooooooooo *dives for cover in true Hollywood style*

You know, I can see him turning up in the next series of DW. He'd be perfect as the nauseating, grinning host of the massive RTV show that Alrightmate has a theory about. Yuck, what a thought...
    Forum Member
    beee wrote:
    Nooooooooo *dives for cover in true Hollywood style*

You know, I can see him turning up in the next series of DW. He'd be perfect as the nauseating, grinning host of the massive RTV show that Alrightmate has a theory about. Yuck, what a thought...
    Hope you have someone comfortable to dive onto...

Hmm - I can see runners diving in to mop at his spots, as they exude puss...

Mmmm!

You having pizza? :D
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    Hope you have someone comfortable to dive onto...

Hmm - I can see runners diving in to mop at his spots, as they exude puss...

Mmmm!

You having pizza? :D

Not tonight, dear - I may be a student, but I'm not that lazy :)

Honestly, we've really managed to lower the tone in here. A week of insightful and intelligent posts, and Redcoat Richie has gone and ruined it all...
    Forum Member
    beee wrote:
    Not tonight, dear - I may be a student, but I'm not that lazy :)

Honestly, we've really managed to lower the tone in here. A week of insightful and intelligent posts, and Redcoat Richie has gone and ruined it all...
    He's what you call a temporal anomaly - ask the EE cast, and they'll all tell you the same.

(I can't see the colour red, which is why I'm blind to his 'charms' thankfully.)

So apart from 'innit' what else do you think the new Doctor's catchphrase would be?

My personal favourite (apart from Wicked) would be 'Chavs!'
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    So apart from 'innit' what else do you think the new Doctor's catchphrase would be?

My personal favourite (apart from Wicked) would be 'Chavs!'

Oh don't ask me, I have enough trouble deciding what to have for tea. I'm actually really intrigued as to how they'll decide to characterise the next Doctor. Something about this one has seemed a bit ... lacking. I'm not sure why, especially as they (allegedly) always knew that CE was only willing to do one series and so they had one chance to show what kind of Doctor he was, but it's almost as if the writers have left bits out somehow. Having said that, though, we're only halfway through the series, so I'll just have to wait and see :)

I don't know that 'Chavs' is such a good catchphrase - I'd hate to think that burberry and bling continue to be fashionable for the rest of time...
    Forum Member
    beee wrote:
    Oh don't ask me, I have enough trouble deciding what to have for tea. I'm actually really intrigued as to how they'll decide to characterise the next Doctor. Something about this one has seemed a bit ... lacking. I'm not sure why, especially as they (allegedly) always knew that CE was only willing to do one series and so they had one chance to show what kind of Doctor he was, but it's almost as if the writers have left bits out somehow. Having said that, though, we're only halfway through the series, so I'll just have to wait and see :)

I don't know that 'Chavs' is such a good catchphrase - I'd hate to think that burberry and bling continue to be fashionable for the rest of time...
    He's suffering from 'Survivors's Syndrome' - like he said in the Dalek episode, he didn't survive through choice.

And Chavs and bling is such an 'old' way of looking at those kind of people... Hmm - methinks it was all inventd by the media to sell a few tv shows lol
  • megarespmegaresp Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The latest Scottish regeneration of the Dr is a breath of fresh air. Apparently, he's been spotted shagging his way through all the best times in history. Turn to page 25 for exclusive pics.

My spies tell me that Rose has enjoyed season 2 far more than season 1. Apparently, she spends all of season 2 with a big smile plastered all over her face, and a slightly flushed appearance.

My spies also tell me that next season we're getting an episode where the new improved Scottish Dr paints his face blue, and moons Davros :D
  • bayardsbayards Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday morning and the thread for tonight 14 May) is not there yet - we are slipping!

H
  • cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj592 wrote:
    If the Face of Boe is the front of it maybe the Ar£e of Boe is behind it all :D

Cj

(come on. we all thought it)

Editted from Episode 2: The end of the world

The Face of Boe and the Ar£e of Boe travel in seperate Jars. On Meeting the Doctor for the first time he asks, "Does my Bum Lookbig in this?"

Cj
  • cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    I hate to say it, but I thought we were made of sterner stuff than that on this thread.

Are my weak attempts the best we can come up with?

(and if anyone suggests "Och no the Eye of Harmony cannae teck any more, Doctor" then they get thrown out of the nearest airlock)

New quote (Supplied by the new writer David Walliams)

Doctor: If ye'd ask me on a Sunday I'd say Yeeeeeees)

or

Doctor : I cannae get the wee sprite to work

or This one toasnwer an age old question

Doctor: Cyberman, Cyberman, Have ye any nuts. The Cyberman has Noo nuts.

Cj