Doctor Who 4th of June

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    salochin wrote:
    you are evil- thats as bad as tourturing a Dalek- heaven forbid
    I'm Den Watts - do you really have any doubt as to how evil I can really be? ;)
    Forum Member
    You see I imagine a utopian forum in which we have one thread for each episode, one for Bad Wolf, one for speculation on the next companion, one for CE appreciation, one for BP appreciation, one for UNIT, one for daftness regarding DW being too "out" for the kiddies (oh lapse in to happy world :D;) )
    La'G - I love you and want to have many happy years with you! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just had a quick scan through the badwolf website, excellent.

I have a feeling that we are all wrong and its going to be something totally unexpected, and we are all going to shout at the TV in unision - "SH*T thats what it is" Why didnt we get that-its soo obvious

I cant wait
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    La'G - I love you and want to have many happy years with you! ;)
    I'll dig you out of that concrete and we'll achieve it in the end, sweet pea! ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see I imagine a utopian forum in which we have one thread for each episode, one for Bad Wolf, one for speculation on the next companion, one for CE appreciation, one for BP appreciation, one for UNIT, one for daftness regarding DW being too "out" for the kiddies (oh lapse in to happy world :D;) )

to be honest, if you want a doctor who specific forum, either find one or make your own. otherwise, if a dr who forum was made then there would be a emmerdale forum, eastenders forum, hollyoaks forum, casualty forum,bill forum etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    craggers wrote:
    to be honest, if you want a doctor who specific forum, either find one or make your own. otherwise, if a dr who forum was made then there would be a emmerdale forum, eastenders forum, hollyoaks forum, casualty forum,bill forum etc
    I completely get your point. However, I do think there's enough interest on DS to warrant a sub-forum (or at least a Sci Fi forum where we could create small threads). Perhaps what we need to do is be less well behaved and completely overrun the TV programmes forum with DW threads (but DW fans are far too educated and pleasant to do that :D ). The DW threads at the mo are crazy - they generate as many posts as the classic long term DS threads in one week. As I tell my colleagues at work all the time (I'm a union steward :p ) "If we were radical, we could work wonders"
    Forum Member
    craggers wrote:
    But the crazy thing is, there are forums for Strictly Come Dancing and The Farm???

So why not one for Sci-Fi?? :confused:

And La'G - I'm Lovin It! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many babies spitting dummies I think... 3 years ago no-one would have entertained a Doctor Who thread anywhere... some people are never grateful... those Southerners... :rolleyes:
    Far from it. I don't see what there is to spit a dummy about. But here we are, three pages in, and no-one has yet actually talked about the next episode. And how can we - it hasn't been shown yet. Just a load of newbies posting links and theories that have been posted many, many times before if they had bothered to look. This is just the old thread continued - but someone wanted their name at the top.
    oli3032 wrote:
    Omg, lol the amout of silly websites the bbc have created for Doctor Who is great.

http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk

http://www.badwolf.org.uk

http://www.unit.org.uk

http://www.geocomtex.net/

:D
    omg lol. Thanks for those, oli lol. How did we all miss all those? (lol) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gymboy wrote:
    Far from it. I don't see what there is to spit a dummy about. But here we are, three pages in, and no-one has yet actually talked about the next episode. And how can we - it hasn't been shown yet. Just a load of newbies posting links and theories that have been posted many, many times before if they had bothered to look. This is just the old thread continued - but someone wanted their name at the top.

omg lol. Thanks for those, oli lol. How did we all miss all those? (lol) :D

If you'd read earlier I was joking abou that... I agree with what you're saying though, and that's why I think there should be a seperate sci-fi forum... not just for Doctor Who, but for everything sci-fi...
  • Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Just a bit of an interlude from me, sorry.

Firstly, as I've said before it's okay to start the thread the day (well, night) before although I'd suggest for two-parters waiting until the day itself.

Secondly, I'm afraid I'm not going to be about this evening, hopefully one of my lovely co-moderators will be able to add the poll but if not I'll be here at about 11pm and it'll be the first thing I do then.

Thirdly, the ongoing comments about a sub-forum. It might or might not have been gathered but I'm a sci-fi kinda gal myself, if I could justify adding a sci-fi forum I would, if the interest in sci-fi programmes is sustained after (this series of) Dr Who then there will be a stronger case.

Beth.
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK now to speculate about Boom Town, why is Mickey in Cardiff and is Margret Slitheen going to be as full of hot air as politicians usually are?
    From www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk:

"It's been an interesting week. UNIT have changed their password (nice try guys, but we'll get in there, don't you fear), someone's been sending me plans of a nuclear power station, and my ex-girlfriend's been in touch.

Those of you who've been following this site for a while will know that the last fact means trouble. 'Cos if she's around, so is Doctor Death.

See ya next week. If there is one. Mix"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Hart wrote:
    Just a bit of an interlude from me, sorry.

Firstly, as I've said before it's okay to start the thread the day (well, night) before although I'd suggest for two-parters waiting until the day itself.

Secondly, I'm afraid I'm not going to be about this evening, hopefully one of my lovely co-moderators will be able to add the poll but if not I'll be here at about 11pm and it'll be the first thing I do then.

Thirdly, the ongoing comments about a sub-forum. It might or might not have been gathered but I'm a sci-fi kinda gal myself, if I could justify adding a sci-fi forum I would, if the interest in sci-fi programmes is sustained after (this series of) Dr Who then there will be a stronger case.

Beth.

Hi Beth

I think we all agree that if this level of activity were to continue without slowing down, then there is probably justification for a whole forum on DR Who alone, however, I think we are all realistc enough to know that if you remove Dr Who, then there is very litter sci fi activity on here, and with Dr Who fast coming to an end, then this level of posting is bound to slow down by a huge amount.

There is very little good sci fi on tv at the best of times, you have Battlestar Gallactica, Dr Who, re-runs of various trek and thats about it.(i am sure i will be corrected , with other peoples fav shows) , but my point is, that I can see why there is no seperate sci fi(or Dr Who) forum, despite this being the most popular thread at the moment
  • Gary of BeestonGary of Beeston Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week's thread is showing 53,320 views (NB for a single programme - not a whole series) and 1430 replies over 58 pages.

This is clearly unmanageable and virtualy unreadable. Many different discussions have got mixed up and lost.

Can we please have a separate sci-fi section and be allowed to discuss different topics with useful headers?
    Hmm... shouldn't we have a separate thread asking for a separate forum? Otherwise this becomes a thread about wanting a forum, rather than Boomtown.

Tsk. Now you've got *me* posting before the episode, too!

Gary
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Hmm... shouldn't we have a separate thread asking for a separate forum? Otherwise this becomes a thread about wanting a forum, rather than Boomtown.

Tsk. Now you've got *me* posting before the episode, too!

Gary

... and a separate complaints thread to moan about people starting the thread 16 minutes too early or unintentionally repeating information that was posted on page 236 of a previous thread (how did they miss that, the fools?) :confused:
  • The SlugThe Slug Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    salochin wrote:
    Hi Beth

I think we all agree that if this level of activity were to continue without slowing down, then there is probably justification for a whole forum on DR Who alone, however, I think we are all realistc enough to know that if you remove Dr Who, then there is very litter sci fi activity on here, and with Dr Who fast coming to an end, then this level of posting is bound to slow down by a huge amount.

There is very little good sci fi on tv at the best of times, you have Battlestar Gallactica, Dr Who, re-runs of various trek and thats about it.(i am sure i will be corrected , with other peoples fav shows) , but my point is, that I can see why there is no seperate sci fi(or Dr Who) forum, despite this being the most popular thread at the moment
    I think it would be sensible to broaden the potential forum's subject slightly. If were a Sci Fi & Fantasy forum then it would naturally include quite a few other popular shows such as Charmed, Buffy etc. Not my cup of tea but I know there's a good crossover between fans of of these shows, and there could be greater justification for this type of forum.

Even just in Sci Fi there's always new material coming. Apart from DW's Christmas episode and Series 2, George Lucas is talking about 2 new Star Wars TV series, the new Battlestar Galactica will surely come to terrestrial at some stage to generate new interest. And on top of all that there's actually a whole Sci-Fi channel full of the stuff!

And another point which I haven't seen made before is this. If there is a separate (sub)forum then it may actually encourage more threads and posts from people who are currently put off by all this Crazy Frog / Celebrity Fluff gossip in the main TV Programmes forum.

Back to the DW-specific issue, there's no doubt that the weekly threads cover a very broad range of subjects that should ideally have there own threads. This would again encourage more use, but is just not possible in TV Programmes.

Hey, we could even have a thread for the Slitheen Appreciation Society. :eek:
  • holsy1982holsy1982 Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres an article in the Mirror today explaining that in the last episode we'll get a
    full war
    I'm guessing this will be the time war?
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    The Slug wrote:
    I think it would be sensible to broaden the potential forum's subject slightly. If were a Sci Fi & Fantasy forum then it would naturally include quite a few other popular shows such as Charmed, Buffy etc. Not my cup of tea but I know there's a good crossover between fans of of these shows, and there could be greater justification for this type of forum.

Even just in Sci Fi there's always new material coming. Apart from DW's Christmas episode and Series 2, George Lucas is talking about 2 new Star Wars TV series, the new Battlestar Galactica will surely come to terrestrial at some stage to generate new interest. And on top of all that there's actually a whole Sci-Fi channel full of the stuff!

And another point which I haven't seen made before is this. If there is a separate (sub)forum then it may actually encourage more threads and posts from people who are currently put off by all this Crazy Frog / Celebrity Fluff gossip in the main TV Programmes forum.

Back to the DW-specific issue, there's no doubt that the weekly threads cover a very broad range of subjects that should ideally have there own threads. This would again encourage more use, but is just not possible in TV Programmes.

Hey, we could even have a thread for the Slitheen Appreciation Society. :eek:
    I completely agree with you (well maybe not the bit about a Sllitheen Appreciation Society :D )

I've never thought that DS should have a specific forum just for DW, but I think there would easily be enough threads/posts to justify a joint Sc-Fi/Fantasy forum. :D

Looking forward to Boomtown tonight :D

btw don't look at The Sun today if you don't want massive spoilers about the last 2 episodes. There are pictures of
    lots and lots of excellent looking Daleks :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if
    The Daleks/Emporer Dalek/Davros
    are in Bad Wolf, POTW or both?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote:
    I completely agree with you (well maybe not the bit about a Sllitheen Appreciation Society :D )

I've never thought that DS should have a specific forum just for DW, but I think there would easily be enough threads/posts to justify a joint Sc-Fi/Fantasy forum. :D

Looking forward to Boomtown tonight :D

btw don't look at The Sun today if you don't want massive spoilers about the last 2 episodes. There are pictures of
    lots and lots of excellent looking Daleks :D

i wont be buying the sun or mirror today then, damn spoilers:P
  • *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if
    The Daleks/Emporer Dalek/Davros
    are in Bad Wolf, POTW or both?
    I'm not sure about the BW episode but according to The Sun today there are
    500,000 Daleks in POTW :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    *Eileen* wrote: