Emma Watson

2»

Comments

• sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a nice enough girl, perhaps has a slight tendency to think a little higher of herself than she used to but that comes with the millions of pounds in the bank and the fans screaming how perfect you are every day I suppose.

What I don't like about her is how her fans and her PR team seem to give off the impression Emma is still a sweet little girl with is still completely innocent. She's not. She's had several boyfriends, she's been drunk several times and has been know to have the odd spilff as well, especially when she was working on Perks of Being a Wallflower. She did the normal things teens do but she almost seems ashamed of it.

She can't act for toffee sadly for her though so I can't see her having a lengthy career as an actress in the coming years. Good for her getting a degree though, even if I am slightly sceptical at how she passed it given she didn't attend her final year at uni at all by the looks of it.

Nah not buying the last paragraph, there is no way she could have made it this big and 'cannot act for toffee'
    I get average and overrated but to say she cant act at all is stupid and almost springs of jealousy

How do you know she didnt attend uni? What is it with women being ao bitchy about female pretty stars
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Nah not buying the last paragraph, there is no way she could have made it this big and 'cannot act for toffee'
    I get average and overrated but to say she cant act at all is stupid and almost springs of jealousy

How do you know she didnt attend uni? What is it with women being ao bitchy about female pretty stars

Yeah, Emma must have good enough acting talent to have successfully got good parts in other films. No one would have bothered with her if they didn't think she had the ability to act. Rupert's also starting out in other films as well. I don't think he's had as many parts as Emma's had though.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Rupert's also starting out in other films as well. I don't think he's had as many parts as Emma's had though.

Fickle world, innit? Of the three main stars of HP, I think that Grint had the most potential and yet he doesn't seem to have shone as brightly as the other two. Hopefully his time will come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »

She dropped out of uni twice, once to film Perks and the other time to film Noah. She seemed really into it when she first went, even staying on campus but after she filmed Noah it was well known she hardly stepped foot in Brown Uni after that. Of course she was likely handing in work online but that just feels like a bit of a cop out. She started off with a genuine uni experience but she finished it off rather differently. I'm not jealous at all, I'm at uni myself and about to head into my final year looking at getting a good 2:1 pass. I just think it's a shame her final year there turned out to be rather redundant in the end.

I don't like how everyone is all over her for it like she's the first actress to get a degree either, she isn't even the first Harry Potter star to get a degree. Bonnie Wright and Matthew Lewis got theirs a couple of years ago and both of them attend uni properly like everyone else without dropping out to film movies.

It's just personal opinion she can't act. I'm not the only one with that view. She might be good for romcoms or supporting cast roles. She's a bit like Jennifer Aniston tbh, pretty to look at, seemingly innocent character and quite charming. I think knowing the right people is what keeps getting Emma work today rather than talent tbh. But I think she's a lovely girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    soundcheck wrote: »
    Fickle world, innit? Of the three main stars of HP, I think that Grint had the most potential and yet he doesn't seem to have shone as brightly as the other two. Hopefully his time will come.

He seems like a decent guy but a bit of a one trick pony acting wise. He's just Ron in everything he's in, or Ron with a slight twist. He's got great comic timing at least. But I dunno if he wants to be a big time actor.

It's clear Radcliffe wants to be a big star. He seems like a hard worker and he will be on the stage for years to come thanks to the good reviews he's had from Broadway.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    He seems like a decent guy but a bit of a one trick pony acting wise. He's just Ron in everything he's in, or Ron with a slight twist. He's got great comic timing at least. But I dunno if he wants to be a big time actor.

It's clear Radcliffe wants to be a big star. He seems like a hard worker and he will be on the stage for years to come thanks to the good reviews he's had from Broadway.

Heh. Isn't perception a funny thing? I think that Radcliffe is the one-trick pony, and that Grint is a much better actor. I have seen Radcliffe on stage though - I'll agree that he is much better on stage than on screen.

Vive la difference, and pass the wine!
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She dropped out of uni twice, once to film Perks and the other time to film Noah. She seemed really into it when she first went, even staying on campus but after she filmed Noah it was well known she hardly stepped foot in Brown Uni after that. Of course she was likely handing in work online but that just feels like a bit of a cop out. She started off with a genuine uni experience but she finished it off rather differently. I'm not jealous at all, I'm at uni myself and about to head into my final year looking at getting a good 2:1 pass. I just think it's a shame her final year there turned out to be rather redundant in the end.

I don't like how everyone is all over her for it like she's the first actress to get a degree either, she isn't even the first Harry Potter star to get a degree. Bonnie Wright and Matthew Lewis got theirs a couple of years ago and both of them attend uni properly like everyone else without dropping out to film movies.

It's just personal opinion she can't act. I'm not the only one with that view. She might be good for romcoms or supporting cast roles. She's a bit like Jennifer Aniston tbh, pretty to look at, seemingly innocent character and quite charming. I think knowing the right people is what keeps getting Emma work today rather than talent tbh. But I think she's a lovely girl.

Funny that Jennifer Aniston gets mentioned

i think she is a good actress. People complain that she plays the same role too often though...which i kinda agree with. Would like to see her in a thriller or something...