Snow Patrol Vs Leona

Just been watching the children in need concert and Leona came on and sang Run

So i was wondering whose version of Run do you prefer Snow Patrols:D or Leona's?

By The Way, I love snow patrols version. Its the best by far!!:D:D

Comments

• Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Leona's, much more emotion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Snow Patrol. No contest. Leona strips all the emotion out of it Im afraid. Too much warbling
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow Patrol.

By a very wide margin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona, by miles. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow Patrol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Snow Patrol all the way, reminds me of the Red Hot Chili Peppers / All Saints debate, that also had people who didn't know what they were talking about :)
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow Patrol by a trillion miles.. their version is much more real and just cause you can hit high notes does not mean that you convey emotion better than someone who doesn't.. Leona is dull as dishwater and ruins this song with her dreary vocals
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both are epic. But Leona's probably the only artist that could've done an epic original like that justice.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gary Lightbody sings his lyrics like they really matter and he has a good band behind him.
  • sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    99% of the time I will prefer the original to a copy so - Snow Patrol
    100% of the time Leona's voice gets on my t*ts so - Snow Patrol

Leona (or the producer or whoever was responsible for that mess) took what was a gorgeous, wistful, sorrowful 'hymn' and turned it into a car wreck. Trilling, warbling, overwrought voice, strings, choir, the whole nine yards PLUS the kitchen sink. Absolutely appalling.

And I REFUSE to listen to her version of "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" because I'm sure I will !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona's. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Snow Patrol by a long way

Hated Leona's version when it was first released. But I love her version of "Stop Crying Your Heart Out". But she's good enough without having to do any covers :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to go with Snow Patrol overall. I think the way the riff sounds on the piano in Leona's version is brilliant, really haunting, but I hate the gospel chorus at the end. I think it is overblown and ruins the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Definitely Snow Patrol's. Leona's is a bit of overproduced, warbling garbage, which people are going to begin to grow tired of (I hope!)
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Leona's. Snow Patrol's never did anything for me.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Snow Patrol's has heart.

Leona's is technically impressive though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona!
  • MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Snow Patrol. I went through a phase of loving Leona's version, then got bored of it and went back to the original.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow Patrol.
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona's studio version is void of any emotion, thanks to Mr Cowell I presume who needs a "moment" in a song and choirs and key changes and all that guff. The Live Lounge version though is one of the best vocals I have literally ever heard, I love it.

Snow Patrols overall wins though, seeing it live at T in the Park with the whole crowd singing it back to Gary, and even correcting him at times lol was just magical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow Patrol- the subtle power in Gary Lightbody's vocal is amazing. I dont mind Leona's version though, but her version of Stop Crying Your Heart Out makes me want to eat my own fist.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Definitely Leona's version. I find Snow Patrols version boring and think it lacks emotion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snow Patrols by a mile as it has emotion, Leona for me lacks any kind of emotion.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonas by far packs much more emotion.