Options

Pete/Katie/Alex Discussion Thread

OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
Forum Member
✭✭
Mods, can we please keep this thread running without continually having it shut down for no apparent reason or explanation, given there are far more volatile threads in General Discussion and Politics forums allowed to remain. It makes sense to have one general thread for discussion about these people (provided there is no baiting), rather than have numerous single threads which only clutter the forum up.

Comments

• Options
    UnitybelleUnitybelle Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, particularly as its one of the most popular threads in the forum & the reason a lot of people visit DS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    morning.

I would have thought the fact that this thread in various guises keeps appearing is evidence enough that fm's want it. why keep closing it?
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning . I wonder what krusty has been up to the past few days its been all quiet on the Western Front.:D
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,006
    Forum Member
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Morning . I wonder what krusty has been up to the past few days its been all quiet on the Western Front.:D

Getting pregnant so the current TV series ends with a bang, or has it already ended?
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Getting pregnant so the current TV series ends with a bang, or has it already ended?

It has been reported she and Lurch are going on Britains Most haunted i will try and find the link.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Jordan is appearing on a show where she is on a roller coaster answering general knowledge questions. I seen it advertised last night, unfortunately i dont know when it is on.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck today! See you all later......maybe!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jordan is appearing on a show where she is on a roller coaster answering general knowledge questions. I seen it advertised last night, unfortunately i dont know when it is on.

Yes, I heard that - think it is on Living. Rather a daft idea for a quiz show I would have thought given that some of the contestants were apparently throwing up on the sidelines :eek: Duncan James is comparing it which I would have thought is a good enough reason to avoid it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck today! See you all later......maybe!

.....that`s what I like - an optimistic person :p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/793885/Home-Pete-Home-Andre-buys-multi-million-pound-new-house.html

At least he is well away from KK who has moved down to Brighton ;)

Looks too modern for my liking but it is a very exclusive private estate so he should be afforded more privacy than the house in Brighton.
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the reason I love KP. She has the ability to motivate adults who say they couldn't care less about her and wish she would go away to spend hours trawling the internet finding links about her and trying to trump each other in their derogatory comments. And the very reason she will never go away.

I do however, see, why Katie would be worried about her safety. It seems an element of society have an unhealthy obssession with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was an excellent idea to stop the threads for a little while. Without Price or Reid to talk about, there isn't much else left to say on Andre. Notice the papers are full of the "he didn't turn down X factor as he wasnt offered it"Im sure there is good explanation as to why Cowell is denying it and Powell saying its true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    There is not much to say about any of them at the moment and the thread is about all three so Pete belongs here just as much as Katie and Alex.
    I do not think that Pete would lie about the X Factor, it is so easily checked out. However, it could have been a hoax.
    If I was CAN, I would show the email they said they received and the correspondence that followed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    I think it was an excellent idea to stop the threads for a little while. Without Price or Reid to talk about, there isn't much else left to say on Andre. Notice the papers are full of the "he didn't turn down X factor as he wasnt offered it"Im sure there is good explanation as to why Cowell is denying it and Powell saying its true.

Was this what the announcement about the announcement that he made was about? I've lost track as I dont read anything about him unless it makes the Digital Spy headlines. I always get the impression Andre is a bit like a BB winner. Always something "in the pipeline".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ValLambert wrote: »
    This is the reason I love KP. She has the ability to motivate adults who say they couldn't care less about her and wish she would go away to spend hours trawling the internet finding links about her and trying to trump each other in their derogatory comments. And the very reason she will never go away.

I do however, see, why Katie would be worried about her safety. It seems an element of society have an unhealthy obssession with her.

Couldn't have put it better Val.

Have a look on the last page of the PA appreciation thread and one of them is asking where they have to go to to slag of KP. Bit sad, but whatever floats your boat.

Fair play to Katie though, must be great having that kind of power over people when they just can't stop writing about you.
    Seems she will be around for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ValLambert wrote: »
    Was this what the announcement about the announcement that he made was about? I've lost track as I dont read anything about him unless it makes the Digital Spy headlines. I always get the impression Andre is a bit like a BB winner. Always something "in the pipeline".

He said he would announce his next project in two weeks as did the management
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »

I would liken Pete more to Jesus. Nice guy, but his fans too are a bit obsessional and spoil the message.

And by fans I, of course, dont mean anyone in this thread.I mean collectively.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    angela4 wrote: »
    Couldn't have put it better Val.

Have a look on the last page of the PA appreciation thread and one of them is asking where they have to go to to slag of KP. Bit sad, but whatever floats your boat.

Fair play to Katie though, must be great having that kind of power over people when they just can't stop writing about you.
    Seems she will be around for a long time.

I don't think she will be - she might be written about, but I am not sure how much work she will get or how well her products will sell. At the moment, it isn't looking good, but things might pick up. In addition, it is a phase Britain is going through with the fly-on-the-wall reality shows and interest in people like Katie and Jade Goody, but I don't think it will be like that for ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    There is not much to say about any of them at the moment and the thread is about all three so Pete belongs here just as much as Katie and Alex.
    I do not think that Pete would lie about the X Factor, it is so easily checked out. However, it could have been a hoax.
    If I was CAN, I would show the email they said they received and the correspondence that followed.

I agree that it would make sense to show the email, particularly as all the papers are saying Cowell said he was never offered it. It could be a hoax

I also agree that they do seem to be inextricably entwined in discussions. If they have moved on, do they need to be discussed together?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But they haven't moved on - Katie even less so than Pete, or at least she still feels the need to mention him often, as does Alex in his column.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Momma, can you please stay off the spoofs until I have written my Andre spoof:D I told you it was going to take a while.
    ;):p hurry up then I can`t wait to read it!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that it would make sense to show the email, particularly as all the papers are saying Cowell said he was never offered it. It could be a hoax

I also agree that they do seem to be inextricably entwined in discussions. If they have moved on, do they need to be discussed together?

I think the way to clear Pete's name in all this would be to release the emails to the press as he is being portrayed as a liar. If this was me I would want to make sure everyone knew I was telling the truth. The problem is that Pete has form for telling lies so it's easy to believe the X Factor version.

I noticed that in his column a few weeks ago he was angling for a spot on it in this country.

http://www.*******************/x-factor/x-factor-2010-peter-andre-wants-to-be-fifth-judge/

I find it strange he would be offering his services if he was already under the impression that he was going to be involved in the franchise somewhere else.
This discussion has been closed.