Voice your opinion now (if you want to)

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    pauli89 wrote: »
    If parliament is dissolved and an election called over this it will just mean we will get the Tories in power who are equally to blame for it all.

If it meant someone new and fresh, a change, yea I'd be up for it.

As it stands it just a desperate tactic to get a party in on the back of something they are equally as guilty as doing.

That is not democracy and shame on any Tories wanting it that way.

Get in power on ideas, and promises.

I agree,,100% with pauli89 here, they are nearly
    all on the bandwagon, and when they are voted
    out they then jump on that other band wagon....
    Brussels...

and anyways I added my sig to the list ..
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    The sad thing is if Brown came out fighting he would destroy Cameron for the poor man`s Lord Snooty he is.

With his clunking fist? I don't think so. We've been waiting to see that since Blair warned us of it. I don't think it exists.

Time to let Johnson or someone else, anyone else, have a go.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    The sad thing is if Brown came out fighting he would destroy Cameron for the poor man`s Lord Snooty he is.

Brown doesn't do fighting, he gets his cronies to stab people in the back.
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andykn wrote: »
    Wrong. A significant protest vote or deliberately spoiled ballots is all these people understand.

The epitition is little more valid than one of those newspaper premium rate Yes/No telephone polls.

Hmm, you may be right, however let's analyse the whole vote thingy.

You turn up at the booth, and decide to protest. So who do you vote for? Let's say UKIP. Okay so far.

Meanwhile a load of other folks in your constituency turn up at the booth and scrawl None of the Above on their ballot.

Polling ends and the count begins.

UKIP do well in your constituency, but your council seats are to be shared with the BNP....................why?

Because the main parties vote collapsed, no one voted for them, leaving those who voted UKIP, those who spoiled their papers and the diehard neanderthals who vote BNP.

That's how extreme parties get a foothold.

But hey ho, has your protest vote done any good? Nope, because the gang's still all okay dokey in Westminister, in fact the None of the Above voters have only managed to embugger one set of people...................

That's the poor sods having to sort through the wasted votes at the count!

Binnman
  • Poison_FengPoison_Feng Posts: 3,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andykn wrote: »
    Wrong. A significant protest vote or deliberately spoiled ballots is all these people understand.

The epitition is little more valid than one of those newspaper premium rate Yes/No telephone polls.
    Good grief, I never thought I would agree with andykn, but he is right and obviously understands how politics works which is more than can be said for certain other posters who on pain of banishment from DS I am not allowed to bait.;)

The ballot box, whether it be for local, UK or EU is all politicians understand.

The vote is all important and critical to the way the parties operate. Vote for an obscure or fringe party and the ruling idiots be they Labour or Tory sit up like Jack in the Boxes.

Voting rules supreme in gaining a politicians attention.
  • BinnmanBinnman Posts: 4,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all very well having a protest vote, however before doing so, do you not think it might just be an idea to stop for a moment and consider the following;

1) Has your existing Council representative, or Euro MP done a good job for your area over the last few years?

2) Do you really think their performance could be improved by electing the BNP or Feng for President party? Remember your protest may take you a few seconds at the ballot box, but you're stuck with the result for the next 4 years.

3) If your council rep or Euro MP has done a good job for your area, why turf him/her out, just because you're p!ssed off at the Westminister lot?

It does not make sense, and it's cutting your own nose, just to spite your face.

Binnman
  • Poison_FengPoison_Feng Posts: 3,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Binnman wrote: »
    It's all very well having a protest vote, however before doing so, do you not think it might just be an idea to stop for a moment and consider the following;

1) Has your existing Council representative, or Euro MP done a good job for your area over the last few years?

2) Do you really think their performance could be improved by electing the BNP or Feng for President party? Remember your protest may take you a few seconds at the ballot box, but you're stuck with the result for the next 4 years.

3) If your council rep or Euro MP has done a good job for your area, why turf him/her out, just because you're p!ssed off at the Westminister lot?

It does not make sense, and it's cutting your own nose, just to spite your face.
    Binnman

It does not matter what the local MEP or councilor says they will do, in the end, 99% of them toe the party line.

The ONLY way to get it through their thick heads that the public is sick and tired of their actions is to vote against them.

If as you say (and I agree) that all parties are on the take, it does not matter who is in. However, giving the current parties a kick in the backside will make them realise that they should listen to the public and not the other way round.

Unfortunately, no party or individual seems to offer what I want and that is a European Common Market, not union.

Oh, hold on a moment, we had that once and we even had a vote for it and then both sides screwed us and took us in even deeper without anymore reference to our wants and needs.