Dexter Stars to Divorce

Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
Forum Member
Really sad news that Michael C Hall and his wife (who plays his sister on the show) are to divorce after only two years of marriage. He recently was very ill with cancer and has fought his way back to health, his wife gave a very moving interview about him only recently but now it has been stated in their statement that they have been "separated for some time!". Can we believe ANYTHING we read anymore about celebs and their marriages!!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is quite sad, one of the few celeb marriages I actually hoped would last, purely for fanboy reasons though.

BTW, Have you got a link to the interview you mentioned?
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    I have a big crush on Michael C Hall but I am gutted.

I suppose something as big as battling cancer will either make you or break you :( I know that when my SIL had it it put a strain on our marriage so I can only begin to imagine what it must be like for them.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because you have split from someone doesn't mean you can't still care for them and talk about them in a nice way!
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have been married for two years already,time really does fly.

I don't know why I feel surprised as it is not as if I know them!I wonder if it will effect the show?
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goonerlady wrote: »
    ...I wonder if it will effect the show?

If they were separated during the filming of Season 5 it didn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    goonerlady wrote: »
    I wonder if it will effect the show?

Well might be awkward if they had a love scene together, but honestly cant see that happening ;)
  • markymidsmarkymids Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'll be good for the show, I didn't like watching them pretending to be brother and sister when they were together in real life--just didn't feel right.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martyjp wrote: »
    Well might be awkward if they had a love scene together, but honestly cant see that happening ;)

They play brother and sister in the (excellent) show
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martyjp wrote: »

True:eek:;)
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    It is quite sad, one of the few celeb marriages I actually hoped would last, purely for fanboy reasons though.

BTW, Have you got a link to the interview you mentioned?

It was printed in the Daily Mail and recently they had an article on how in love they both were with pictures taken when they were out somewhere for lunch, looking lovingly at each other. The interview was about his recent illness and how well he was doing. She sounded madly in love with him so I do not understand the reference to "they have been separated for some time"!! I get rather disillusioned!! I really like Michael C Hall and think he is a brilliant actor. Having been very ill myself recently, it took me two years to really recover, I know it brought me and my husband closer. Perhaps, sadly, it was not the same for them.