A Knighthood for Simon?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Mail is saying that Simon Cowell is tipped for a knighthood - for charity work as well as music.

Do you think he deserves a knighthood?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe for his charity work but not for music. I know he does do a lot for charity but tbh, I'm not sure if that should qualify you for a Knighthood.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No no not :(
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he dosen't, all the charity work (well singles) is all about boosting he's ego.

I'm sure there are more deserving people out there who generally raise money for no other reason than to help, and who have raised more.

Simon Cowell hasn't really done any charity work, from what i recall. Correct me if I'm wrong lool, i don't no him that well outside of X FACTOR.

Plus he's music isn't really up to scratch and all the artists are used and abused. He pulls every penny he can out of them then drops them .He's nothing more than a puppertier.

Nope, there are alot more deserving people than him who should be knighted.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd happily put a sword behind his neck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No he dosen't, all the charity work (well singles) is all about boosting he's ego.

I'm sure there are more deserving people out there who generally raise money for no other reason than to help, and who have raised more.

Simon Cowell hasn't really done any charity work, from what i recall. Correct me if I'm wrong lool, i don't no him that well outside of X FACTOR.

Plus he's music isn't really up to scratch and all the artists are used and abused. He pulls every penny he can out of them then drops them .He's nothing more than a puppertier.

Nope, there are alot more deserving people than him who should be knighted.

How would anyone know if Simon hadn't done any charity work? I have lost a lot of respect for him but from things said over the years I get the impression that he does actually give a lot to charity. Some of it came out on his This is Your Life. He doesn't make a big deal about it. which is why not many people seem aware of it. Of course if one was cynical one would say that he has made sure that some of it gets to be known,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon Cowell being knighted would make me ill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two years ago before he had Cheryl on the panel i would have been all for it(infact i used to say he should have some award) now no way cant stand the man and i have woken up to his manipulation and lies and utter BS, he is a smug , smarmy get and the thought of him given a knighthood i could not stomach, can you imagine how his ego would be after??:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would be a rubbish role model.

Like Maureen, I would have approved a couple of years ago but it would seem like rewarding our baser nature to give him a gong
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he should get a title and then we can call him Lord Farquaad, after the dude in Shrek who suffers from short man complex, so he over compensates by being really mean and controlling :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he should get a title and then we can call him Lord Farquaad, after the dude in Shrek who suffers from short man complex, so he over compensates by being really mean and controlling :D

:D:D brilliant description, Lord Farquaad:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    He would be a rubbish role model.

Like Maureen, I would have approved a couple of years ago but it would seem like rewarding our baser nature to give him a gong

isnt it strange two years ago a lot of people liked him, the ironic thing is as he upped Tweedy's "nations sweetheart" status , his own has plummeted, serves him right for pushing her too much!!!:D
    Forum Member
    It would be a total injustice if he does , cant be for music , if its for charity , then thats the only reason he and many others of his ilk do anything for charity ie its a chance of buying a knighthood in effect , i mean there are so many entertainers far more deserving and who have been making our lives a better place since before "Simon" was born , and still working now , got to stop now , thinking about it is winding me up :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neelia wrote: »
    How would anyone know if Simon hadn't done any charity work? I have lost a lot of respect for him but from things said over the years I get the impression that he does actually give a lot to charity. Some of it came out on his This is Your Life. He doesn't make a big deal about it. which is why not many people seem aware of it. Of course if one was cynical one would say that he has made sure that some of it gets to be known,
    I saw that on This Is Your Life too. As I understand it he does quite a lot for charity, he's been involved with Chase children's hospice for many years both publicly and privately. He's also a patron of Children's Hospices UK and I think he arranges it so that children from different charities go to the X factor shows.

I don't like the man but have to admit he has done a fair bit for charity.
    Forum Member
    anguk wrote: »
    I don't like the man but have to admit he has done a fair bit for charity.

Yes , and we all know why !!!!
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would seem less contentious to award it for his TV work or "entertainment" rather than music. Though I doubt he'll get it yet.
  • robtuk06robtuk06 Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He does tons for charity - he just doesn't go telling the media about it, so quite the opposite to what you are saying :)

Charity singles are only the tip of the iceberg.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    Simon does an excellent job for the RSPCA. Don't diss him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKPwRth_HaM

Honey's owner used to beat her severely. It's one of the worst things I've heard in ages.

Fortunately he got over the trauma by listening to One Direction.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In relation to the attached story in today's MoS: http://bit.ly/g8CQoO Simon Cowell's spokesperson responded 'We know nothing about this'

http://api.twitter.com/SYCO_NEWS
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    They said the same thing back in May for her Birthday honours list and it wasn't true.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    I think it will happen. He's the type people like to give awards to.
  • dr2012dr2012 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I actually think be thoroughly deserves it. Been expecting him to get one for a while tbh, so hope if actually happens now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The public need a knighthood for having his shite talent shoved down our throats,
    and by the media who plaster his blatent PR all over the TV and Newspapers.
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hamigo wrote: »
    The public need a knighthood for having his shite talent shoved down our throats,
    and by the media who plaster his blatent PR all over the TV and Newspapers.
    Why are you on here then? Everytime you click on a page its another hit for digitalspy's XF coverage, making them more money, meaning they will cover it even more in the future. Same with all other types of media. You are one of those who is helping to fuel it.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dr2012 wrote: »
    I actually think be thoroughly deserves it. Been expecting him to get one for a while tbh, so hope if actually happens now...

Yes I see
    Problem would be it would make all your SC posters obsolete, heaven forbid the word Sir would be missing from all of them :eek:
    Of course your post could just be a fishing attempt as it seems as far from reality as it could possibly be.
    Simon Cowell only ever does anything for one person that is himself.
    Mind you if Mick Jagger can get one then anyone can imo.