Options

Best Fish & Chips in Blackpool ??

GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Visiting Blackpool soon, haven't been there for years, and we are looking to have a good old-style sit-down fish & chip supper. Something like Harry Ramsden, and quite happy to go to Harry R's if necessary, but there must be somewhere more traditional and less chain-restaurant-ish..

Anywhere recommended ? Prefer it to be central, but willing to travel for the best batter !!

Comments

• Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bentleys Fish and Chips and C Fresh Fish and Chips, both chippys excellent :)

Bentleys near Pleasure beach, C Fresh is south of the tower if that helps ....
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently The Cottage chippy is well-known and famed for their chips.

http://www.cottagefishandchips.co.uk/

"The Restaurant walls are covered in pictures of celebrities who have enjoyed our fish & chips which are cooked to perfection every time.

Stars such as Freddie Flintoff, Lenny Henry, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Bobby Ball, Bernie Clifton, Sherrie Hewson, Ruth Maddoc, John Rhino Edwards, Status Quo, The Blow Monkeys, Steve Davis and even John Major to name but a few!"

:) I haven't been there myself but my daughter's friend lives near there and her family says their chips are great. There's a chippy nearer to me that's run by a Chinese guy and his wife and their chips are amazing (and inexpensive).

Harry Ramsden's is okay, there's one on the Prom, and while there are plenty of other fish and chip places, many of them don't offer a decent sit-down experience, they cater more to those eating on the go.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member

"The Restaurant walls are covered in pictures of celebrities who have enjoyed our fish & chips which are cooked to perfection every time.

Stars such as Freddie Flintoff, Lenny Henry, Dawn French, Jennifer Saunders, Bobby Ball, Bernie Clifton, Sherrie Hewson, Ruth Maddoc, John Rhino Edwards, Status Quo, The Blow Monkeys, Steve Davis and even John Major to name but a few!"

:) I haven't been there myself but my daughter's friend lives near there and her family says their chips are great. There's a chippy nearer to me that's run by a Chinese guy and his wife and their chips are amazing (and inexpensive).

Harry Ramsden's is okay, there's one on the Prom, and while there are plenty of other fish and chip places, many of them don't offer a decent sit-down experience, they cater more to those eating on the go.

Reviews are ok for Cottage but not brilliant. I'm not sure how much faith I put in a restaurant that has to tell you all the famous people who've been there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips so far. Any more for any more ?
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Senior's tends to win a lot of awards, there are four of them round these parts, but none of them are anywhere a tourist would be likely to be.

Yorkshire Fisheries and Tower, both of which are on Topping St in the town centre are pretty good. And you can eat in, so you can have a proper chippy tea with bread and butter and a cup of tea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. A couple of other people have mentioned Yorkshire Fisheries as being very good.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the recommendation, I will visit when I am in the town. Halibut sounds really good, haven't had that in ages.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the recommendation, I will visit when I am in the town. Halibut sounds really good, haven't had that in ages.

Well, if it's good enough for Jehovah... ;-)