Vampire Diaries S6 - US Pace Discussion

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that all about eh?

Very much goodbye Elena. As Flash said though, it's like they forgot that the entire gemeni amily also died but who cares about that. Hell even Tyler, who just killed his girlfriend, was there to wave off Elena. Nice twist though, rather than having her die. Mind you it also begs the question, why the big hooha about her being dead. Surely Bonnie could just undo the spell once a month and they all have a big mind meld session and catch up with Elena? Then when done, redo the spell.

As or the end scene, Matt was in police uniform driving a police car so I guess that was a fair wee bit in the future, a good couple years at least by the time he gets through the academy and has enough time under his belt to patrol the streets solo. He didn't look too much older though so maybe 5/6years down the line?
    Struggle to see that being next season though. The impression was that Damon was up there hiding, probably to make it look like he went off the deep end but I reckon if it is next season (forget Matt fasttracking the police system) then it's probably been done by the heretics. Not to worry though, a swift flick of the hand and off comes their head. Bit of an anticlimax from Kai wasn't it?
    Talking of which, I refuse to believe wolf venom is magic and can be syphoned as a cure.
    did anyone else scream "F***... OFF... WITH... THAT S***" when he done that? lol
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Talking of which, I refuse to believe wolf venom is magic and can be syphoned as a cure.
    did anyone else scream "F***... OFF... WITH... THAT S***" when he done that? lol

Well supposedly the werewolf thing is a curse so ergo magic.

As for the rest god those Elena goodbyes were tedious, Jeremy comes back and not even a Jeremy Bonnie scene, ok!

The only good bit was Damon saving Bonnie and the fib to throw Kai off so he could behead him.

I like the idea of a kind of apocalyptic Mystic falls I am assuming they its the mum and her friends...tho I suspect the bit at the end is to try and make people think its Damon off the wagon without Elena
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,218
    Forum Member
    Honestly think im done with the show wasn't really interested this series and if they hadn't announced elena was off I'd have finished watching a good few eps ago as it was i fast forwarded most of it just to see how she left.
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was an overblown and surprisingly unemotional ending, that wasn't really an ending, for Elena.

Onwards and upwards as far as i'm concerned. I've always preferred Stefan to Damon and Caroline to Elena so hopefully next season will work fine for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I think this season was quite boring. They said they'd go back to the character side of things and step away from the big baddies and fights etc but they went from too far one side to the opposite extreme. They need to find a balance that they had back in the first couple seasons. Kai was supposed to the the baddie this year but he spent 3/4s of the season trapped in a prison world. The second one he was no threat to anyone and the first one again, he wasn't a threat because he wanted out and needed Damon/Bonnie to do so. Then when he gets out, he turns into a semi good guy for most of his time trying to say sorry to Bonnie. As for Lilly she was never a threat this season, just setting her up for next. THey tried to make Caroline/Stefan bad to make amends but I don't think that worked out either because they then had Caroline have emotions and just want to be left alone for a year to do her thing but she wasn't harming anyone until they got involved and even then it was only 1 episode with Sarah then her and Stefan locked themselves away in the hotel/grill for episodes on end.
    Talking of Sarah, what happened to her? She just seemed to vanish never to be seen again....
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Talking of Sarah, what happened to her? She just seemed to vanish never to be seen again....

Just like April. It illustrates one of my problems with the current state of affairs in TVD, it feels like they are making it up as they go along and using magic to write themselves out of inevitable plot holes.

Sarah came, faffed around with Enzo (whose plot was also circling the drain) then vanished. I get the distinct feeling she was a test for an Elena replacement and didn't work, so they dropped her.

Mind you, she was dull.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the distinct feeling she was a test for an Elena replacement and didn't work, so they dropped her.

That's a good point. Did not think of that. It would have helped if they'd maybe let her mingle with other characters though.

I mean Enzo isn't exactly one to set the world alight. People get dreamy over the accent and bad boy attitude but he's a bit of a drip if you ask me. I mean what exactly did he do last season? Put in this big plan to stick it to Stefan...didn't follow through so is back a square 1. He was totally unnessessary last season, just filling a void. Looks like this season he'll be tagging along with Lilly, see where that goes but I've a feeling after she is beat, he'll either be dead or...yup, back at square 1. Not one for development is our Enzo.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good point. Did not think of that. It would have helped if they'd maybe let her mingle with other characters though.

I mean Enzo isn't exactly one to set the world alight. People get dreamy over the accent and bad boy attitude but he's a bit of a drip if you ask me. I mean what exactly did he do last season? Put in this big plan to stick it to Stefan...didn't follow through so is back a square 1. He was totally unnessessary last season, just filling a void. Looks like this season he'll be tagging along with Lilly, see where that goes but I've a feeling after she is beat, he'll either be dead or...yup, back at square 1. Not one for development is our Enzo.

Enzo was great when he first arrived, but then he seemed to be have been written as Damon MK.2 and it all went wrong from there. It says a lot for my enjoyment of the show that the only time I've loved it like the first season was when Damon and Enzo went on a rampage (last year?).

It reminded me what I was missing without all the baggage and let's talk it out angst.
  • Options
    zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something I didn't understand about the whole Elena/Bonnie spell, they were all acting like even if Bonnie lives to a ripe old age after she dies Elena will come back to life and can resume her life. But isn't she human now, won't she age and be old as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zantarous wrote: »
    Something I didn't understand about the whole Elena/Bonnie spell, they were all acting like even if Bonnie lives to a ripe old age after she dies Elena will come back to life and can resume her life. But isn't she human now, won't she age and be old as well?

Kai said at the hospital something like Elena will keep her age and beauty
  • Options
    RioRio Posts: 33,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was Elena in a coffin in the closing scenes if she wasn't dead? Did I miss something?
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rio wrote: »
    Why was Elena in a coffin in the closing scenes if she wasn't dead? Did I miss something?

Snow White was put in a coffin. I suppose we have to believe that a sleeping spell means the person doesn't breathe : they are just in a suspended state so stay young.
  • Options
    Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand about Elena's 'departure' is that there was an obvious loophole. Bonnie has to die for Elena to wake up - so give Bonnie some vampire blood and kill her! Then Elena will wake up as Bonnie is dead, but because of the vampire blood Bonnie will come back as a vampire. Then Thry could have given the cure to Bonnie and everything would be back to normal.

But im excited to see the dynamics next season without Elena bring centre of attention. It's a chance for them to really shake it all up, something this show desperately needs.

I'm hoping the Heratic war in the end of the episode (no idea if it's a war, but I'm calling it that!) is the main focus of next season - anyone else get Batman vibes from Damon?
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid the ratings will sink like a stone. They have spent about 2 years on Stelena and the 3 on Selena and many fans fall into that camp. I just can't see Steroline taking over for probably the last season especially as they had already hooked many on Klaroline. It is just a mess. It seems they are trying to get back to the vibe of season 1 between the brothers but surely Steroline will be a distraction from that. It also seems strange that Damon was mourning Katherine for over 100 years. 60 years is nothing to a vampire especially as he knows he will see her again.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Just caught up on the season finale.. I enjoyed it but thought it would be a lot more emotional. I liked the way Elena 'died' it made sense as Damon wouldn't let her just walk off into the sunset and if she actually died we would have to endure a whole season of Damon going off the rails. The Matt and Elena dreams got me and Stefan's :(

I'm so gutted about Kai getting killed off.. He's such an interesting character and I really enjoyed him this season, was hoping he was going to get carried over into the next season. Sad about Jo to but her and Alaric became a bit pointless as the season went on.

I actually really enjoyed this season overall
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid the ratings will sink like a stone. They have spent about 2 years on Stelena and the 3 on Selena and many fans fall into that camp. I just can't see Steroline taking over for probably the last season especially as they had already hooked many on Klaroline. It is just a mess. It seems they are trying to get back to the vibe of season 1 between the brothers but surely Steroline will be a distraction from that. It also seems strange that Damon was mourning Katherine for over 100 years. 60 years is nothing to a vampire especially as he knows he will see her again.

Ratings aren't really the whole story with the CW, if Netflix/Hulu wanted more episodes it wouldn't matter as much if first run ratings were in the toilet.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When wondering how TVD would try to boost flagging ratings; if you said "Hot Lesbian Vampires", congrats, you should apply to be a CW writer ;)

http://www.mtv.com/news/2201135/vampire-diaries-same-sex-couple-season-7/
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Menime123 wrote: »
    What I don't understand about Elena's 'departure' is that there was an obvious loophole. Bonnie has to die for Elena to wake up - so give Bonnie some vampire blood and kill her! Then Elena will wake up as Bonnie is dead, but because of the vampire blood Bonnie will come back as a vampire. Then Thry could have given the cure to Bonnie and everything would be back to normal.

But im excited to see the dynamics next season without Elena bring centre of attention. It's a chance for them to really shake it all up, something this show desperately needs.

I'm hoping the Heratic war in the end of the episode (no idea if it's a war, but I'm calling it that!) is the main focus of next season - anyone else get Batman vibes from Damon?

Yes THIS. Give Bonnie vamp blood and kill her, Elena wakes up, Bonnie revives, get 1903 prison world cure for Bonnie. Any longtime fan would have twigged they'd do this given gow the shows intricate plots work.

I doubt Damon drinking Elena's blood would have enough to cure him without killing her like they were planning, so that bugged me. That and I've heard Katherine only aged with the cure because she was a doppleganger but surely they can't be 100% on that? It could have easily killed Damon. I'm guessing though, that the prison worlds collapsed when the entire gemini coven was killed. They NEVER mention this, though. A quick comment on it then flash-forward to "it's gone" would have made a world of difference. It feels like they did nothing to help her, as it was, just like Rick's wife and nobody even TRYING vamp blood.

And the gemeni coven dying...at least one was still alive by the time Kai revived, surely that would have altered the dying off...? I get he died anyway, but...which brings me to my issue...

BEHEADING. How many times have we had "unkillable" baddies that everyone is like JUST BEHEAD THEM, BLOW THEM UP etc. The fact with all the others they NEVER tried was dumb, but NOW they use it as a quick out? So it IS insta-death to immortals? Then why not use it on the other six-kazillion "how do we defeat them immortals" in the past? I was happy to ignore early seasons, but now they've used it...it makes all those other times they could have done it (and why they'll probably not do it again) just utter WTF daft.

I assume Kai was back evil and none "oh woe is me"because he flipped his emotions off after turning? Something else they should have mentioned, what with his attempts to TRY do good earlier.

Earlier problem with the season is (despite the creation of multiple FULL Earths, which should be a magical feat that is...incomprehensible, considering the most powerful in the past could only create that murky "other side") was...Bonnie and Damon were DEAD not just imprisoned, yet just leaving there and they get their bodies back? Just let Elena die and have Bonnie send her to a prison world, then exit and alive again. In fact...anyone that died this season could have done that (unless the other side had to exist as temporary holding for the soul first, which is now gone, and/or the prison worlds are gone). That and...

...they had access to TWO WORLDS of replicated magical artifacts. And NOBODY goes looking for anything? With the crap they go through, I'd expect someone to make a "magical artifact shopping list". Moon stones, cures, immortality rings and a zillion other crazy stuff, that would no doubt have bizarre effects due to more than one existing. NEVER even mentioned as "it'd be nice to have all tjose artifacts, lotsa power"

I'm guessing any interaction with the Originals they'll have to say Elena died or we'll have Klaus after her blood for multiple reasons.

Decent season, but too many story logic breaks, and that finale too little explained.
  • Options
    Jazzy_MintJazzy_Mint Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Personally I think the show will survive without Nina in it.
    She wasn't a good actress. This season was marginally
    better than the last.
    My best seasons were the first 3. And of course when the originals
    were in the show. My best line was when Elijah said to Elena
    " I think the word you are looking for is OMG " I still laugh at that.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazzy_Mint wrote: »
    Personally I think the show will survive without Nina in it.
    She wasn't a good actress. This season was marginally
    better than the last.
    My best seasons were the first 3. And of course when the originals
    were in the show. My best line was when Elijah said to Elena
    " I think the word you are looking for is OMG " I still laugh at that.

First EP of new season will say whether it'll survive. Personally I think 2 more at most. Question is how will it end? I think Nina will return for that. Maybe it'll skip forward 50 years when bonnie dies. Her and Damon live happy ever after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    When wondering how TVD would try to boost flagging ratings; if you said "Hot Lesbian Vampires", congrats, you should apply to be a CW writer ;)

http://www.mtv.com/news/2201135/vampire-diaries-same-sex-couple-season-7/

bit odd. I would imagine the majority of TVD viewers are girls. Can't imagine many of them will care much for lesbian vampires....Wonder if we will see Abraham Lincoln next season too? Vampire Hunter! :D