Options

Thinking about joining virgin-few questions

bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Going to get XL tv package,basic phone,basic broadband.

When i order how long until it is installed?

Will i get a new samsung box?

How long does the wireless router take to arrive?

I am currently using post office for my phone(i am not in a contract) would i have to them i am cancelling or do i just tell virgin i will take their phoneline and they will sort it out?

:)

Comments

• Options
    gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bronson wrote: »

I am currently using post office for my phone(i am not in a contract) would i have to them i am cancelling or do i just tell virgin i will take their phoneline and they will sort it out?

Could be a matter of days

Depends what he has in the van

Not sure about the router engineer may have with him.
  • Options
    Caffe LatteCaffe Latte Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    bronson wrote: »

Router should come with the engineer.

If you are not getting V+, then you should now get the new CISCO box, need to pay £49 to have HD switched on (basic HD included in your XL sub after that)

If you are porting your number to Virgin, then they will cancel your P.O. phoneline for you.
  • Options
    tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    Router will definitely come with the engineer although you have to install it yourself.
    VM can be really good regarding install date. I was actually offered next day but had to wait 2 weeks till my sky contract finished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Just had a new install done myself. When ordering online it asks you to select 2 available dates. I was offered 14th August and 16th August. Selected 14th as my first choice but was confirmed with the 16th. I subsequently wanted to make a change to my package as they brought a new top end one out in the interim and on asking the agent managed to get an earlier appointment and everything was installed on 12th August. So it might be worthwhile ringing up if you need a different slot.

Engineer brought everything with bar the wireless N adapter which I've been told is in the post to me....
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I upgraded my router was couriered out to me a couple of weeks before my install date, and as such was working when the VM engineer came out to install my 50mb modem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    hi,

not been on here for a while lets see if i can still help. I work for VM in their outbound acqusition team, we have different offers to what you see advertised, ir free v+ or 6 months free bbi L for new customers and free install. We no longer supply a wireless router and is not the all new Virgin Media Hub so basically all in one, and the engineers now should set this up for you also.

I will PM my works email to you if you want further help :)