✭✭
For a start I have no debts
He didn't know my name
His own SURNAME
The address he was at
He said the debt was rental arrears
I've never more than a video in 1990s
He said I had a baby NO!!

He got very aggressive as I wouldn't open the door just used the intercom and watched him on CCTV .He was a scruffy 40 years ish with a massive backpack and on a pushbike ?

He after he realised I was going to call the police left while yelling he would be back Monday??

Which I did after he left, a bored operator just said dial 999 ..last time I did 4 years ago they never came? long story

I think he was crook not a debt collector who saw a vulnerable target which being registered blind I am.

If he comes back should I ignore, interact or just cal 999?

Comments

• Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how would he know you were blind?
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One individual knows..I had them done for harassment ..and as flugger was on a bike he must be local ..as I say its along tedious story of weirdo blames everyone for everything bad in their life.

TBH I'm just staying awake now as I considered their idea of coming back was to jim the door open at 4am
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    One individual knows..I had them done for harassment ..and as flugger was on a bike he must be local ..as I say its along tedious story of weirdo blames everyone for everything bad in their life.

TBH I'm just staying awake now as I considered their idea of coming back was to jim the door open at 4am

Flugger?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love DS its so helpful in a time of crisis :) cheers me up/makes me chuckle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love DS its so helpful in a time of crisis :) cheers me up/makes me chuckle

I was unsure what you meant by flugger ..and if you have any concerns call the 101 number.

That's the best advice I can offer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was unsure what you meant by flugger ..and if you have any concerns call the 101 number.

That's the best advice I can offer

sorry gdjman I was disguising a very rude word describing an individual you cant use here:)

But when I post a thread on DS here it is because I am manic and need a good slap down

I did 101 thats sage advice to many who think its 999 or nothing
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a start I have no debts
    He didn't know my name
    His own SURNAME
    The address he was at
    He said the debt was rental arrears
    I've never more than a video in 1990s
    He said I had a baby NO!!

He got very aggressive as I wouldn't open the door just used the intercom and watched him on CCTV .He was a scruffy 40 years ish with a massive backpack and on a pushbike ?

He after he realised I was going to call the police left while yelling he would be back Monday??

Which I did after he left, a bored operator just said dial 999 ..last time I did 4 years ago they never came? long story

I think he was crook not a debt collector who saw a vulnerable target which being registered blind I am.

If he comes back should I ignore, interact or just cal 999?
    I know my English is not great but your grammar is terrible. It is very difficult to understand you clearly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so sozzery toofast Iz wiz imediaaetly sighnn up to a nitescheel,,../ :0

ima yanking your chain

but in an advice thread why did you post with no advice? you may understand gramer but obviously no ttthe basic meaning of words:)

next :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so sozzery toofast Iz wiz imediaaetly sighnn up to a nitescheel,,../

Good luck
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck

Im beginning to love you:)
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually, most unsolicited debt calls of any kind are just fishing exercises to see if the person will panic and pay up. this is why they often target elderly and vulnerable people because they'll hope that they'll be sufficiently confused enough to think the person claiming the debt is telling the truth.

If he does come back and you speak to him over the intercom, say something like "please be aware that you are currently on CCTV and if you continue to harass me, i will call the police. please leave".

I'd probably call the police back and ask if you can make an official report of some kind. Tell them you're vulnerable as you are registered blind (even if you consider yourself vulnerable or not) and that you fear for your safety as this individual has now twice returned to your property.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if possible, take a photo of the guy - even if its a photo of the CCTV picture
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually, most unsolicited debt calls of any kind are just fishing exercises to see if the person will panic and pay up. this is why they often target elderly and vulnerable people because they'll hope that they'll be sufficiently confused enough to think the person claiming the debt is telling the truth.

If he does come back and you speak to him over the intercom, say something like "please be aware that you are currently on CCTV and if you continue to harass me, i will call the police. please leave".

I'd probably call the police back and ask if you can make an official report of some kind. Tell them you're vulnerable as you are registered blind (even if you consider yourself vulnerable or not) and that you fear for your safety as this individual has now twice returned to your property.

I know there has been banter on this thread that has greatly distractedly me from my mind crumbling mind issues of OCD anxiety worry

But thank you for your kind help/advice.

I agree with you 999 it is if he comes back...fingers crossed he wont
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    And if possible, take a photo of the guy - even if its a photo of the CCTV picture

my cctv just streams now to a tv and dosent record since my windows 98 packed up and windows 7 wouldnt work with it..I just thought my days of being targeted by vile nasty people where over.

But a photo is the way to go the police/cpu had no interest in cctv videos.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know there has been banter on this thread that has greatly distractedly me from my mind crumbling mind issues of OCD anxiety worry

But thank you for your kind help/advice.

I agree with you 999 it is if he comes back...fingers crossed he wont

Fingers crossed he won't :). These types of unsolicited calls are bad enough to deal with at the best of times, but if you've got additional stresses on top of that, it can make it a lot worse so i certainly do hope that's the last you see of him.
  • tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB. I don't understand how these people can sleep at night. It makes me very angry knowing that they are preying on vulnerable people.

OP, yes, call the police immediately should they return - and don't open your door, speak through your intercom.
  • skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    How did you know what he looked like if you are blind?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JasonWatkins tim_smith thankuou :0

skiprunner im registered blind , means you dont want me driving your bus if the guide dogs drunk to work,we are at a variable levels of funtional sight

add to that im paralised down my left side..its all fun
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would phone the police again and ask to speak to your neighbourhood officer and speak to them about it and see if anyone else in the area has had similar happen to them. Chances are it was someone drunk who just happened to be going past and thought they'd try your luck. I don't think that someone told them about you being blind because surely they would know you didn't have kids if someone was passing on the information.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im beginning to love you:)

Don't go overboard..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vierte...In good society where the weirdo with agoraphobia that they havent met wouldnt work

It took me years and years to sort out my last bloke by the courts... I dont want another

If I survive today im off to new york
  • skiprunnerskiprunner Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    JasonWatkins tim_smith thankuou :0

skiprunner im registered blind , means you dont want me driving your bus if the guide dogs drunk to work,we are at a variable levels of funtional sight

add to that im paralised down my left side..its all fun
    Ah, ok...thank you for answering, it was a genuine question.
    I'm sorry for your health problems x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skiprunner... sorry skip.. its just not a no or yes issue.

plain text makes it hard to emulate levels of being sighted

But in truth I may grouch on the fully sighted in envy ..sorry