Who is looking forward to the BBC1s adaptation of the novel "Call the Midwife"

1202122232426»

Comments

• LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    That was a good buy. I got mine in a two for £5 offer in The Works. So only had to pay £10 for all four. :)

I bought mine a few years before the series came out so knew straight away when they said Miranda Hart was going to be in it who she was playing.

I bought them at 3 for £5 from one of the book people that leave books at work places for people to order. What's the fourth book then, as I only have 3?
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I bought mine a few years before the series came out so knew straight away when they said Miranda Hart was going to be in it who she was playing.

I bought them at 3 for £5 from one of the book people that leave books at work places for people to order. What's the fourth book then, as I only have 3?

In The Midst Of Life, which was written later than the rest and not really part of the series. If you look back at the last few pages you can read more of what I have written about it. :)
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Todays two stories were both shocking! What sort of father would take his daughter on his ship to be the ship's ****?!

As for the other woman, I felt really sorry for her - beaten up by her husband then pimped by him and going to prison and losing her children, just because she loved him. I've never understood how a woman can love a man who treats them so badly though.