• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    House of Wax..was good
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've had some good British Horror films in recent years.

Mum & Dad
    Hush
    Eden Lake
    Tony
    Wilderness
    Severance
    Creep
    The Descent
    The Disappeared
    The Children
  • Options
    nhodkin147nhodkin147 Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Jack Ketchum's The Girl Next Door.

Now that's real horror.
  • Options
    bruce9651bruce9651 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    Its also called paradise lost,its in brazil,i really liked the movie,it was pretty gory at places,the whole idea of body harvesting gives me the creeps,the underwater scenes were pretty good 2,havnt seen it on sky movies ever either and its not 2 old a movie.

Its on tonight on Film4 23.15:)
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bruce9651 wrote: »

I think I'll Sky+ it.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    bruce9651 wrote: »

Ooh thanks for that. I'm gonna record that on Sky + too
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    oh but the ending was good :p i wonder if there is another one..but like you said it be the same :sleep:

Yeah I think they could do a third one but they'd have to change it up a bit. I'm not sure what else they could do with the cave setting though that we haven't already seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Show post
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww yes so it is,and the hills have eyes 2,film4 has been great lately.
  • Options
    Peachy KeenPeachy Keen Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recent horrors that l have enjoyed were:-

The House Of The Devil
    Pontypool
    Triangle
    Zombieland
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saw series lol
    The Ruins
    Midnight meat train
    simon says..daft but horrid scenes lol
    dead silence
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A work mate saw this in the cinema when it was out, and said it was complete rubbish, and not scary at all.

PA scared the crap out of me and I dont scare easy. Must have been the first time I've been genuially scared since watching the Omen at age 11.

Its really a dividing film - some people find it extremely atmospheric and scary, otherwise just find it hilarious... weird how it provokes such different reactions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's my top10 horrors

1 saw ( all of them)
    2 The Crazies :D
    3 30 days of night
    4 Midnight meat train
    5 Train
    6 Eden Lake
    7 Dead Silence
    8 The Children
    9 Mirrors
    10 Last House On The left
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the unborn
    mirrors
    drag me to hell

E.T :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Session 9 scared me a bit. I don't scare easily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here's my top10 horrors

1 saw ( all of them)
    2 The Crazies :D
    3 30 days of night
    4 Midnight meat train
    5 Train
    6 Eden Lake
    7 Dead Silence
    8 The Children
    9 Mirrors
    10 Last House On The left

Good choices. I can't really pick a top 10 but the highlighted ones are good. I've ordered Midnight Meat Train of Lovefilm. I hope it's good. The trailer looked good but something about Vinnie Jones being in it is making me think it could be corny lol.

Some of my favorite films include...
    Halloween (various ones)
    Nightmare on Elm street (various ones)
    Friday The 13th (various ones)
    Chucky 2

I haven't seen those films in a long long time but I remember I used to love them as a kid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Some of my favorite films include...
    Halloween (various ones)
    Nightmare on Elm street (various ones)
    Friday The 13th (various ones)
    Chucky 2

I haven't seen those films in a long long time but I remember I used to love them as a kid.

Have you seen Wes Cravens New Nightmare and Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors? I prefer those ones out of the series.

I would recommend
    Black Christmas (original version)
    Creep
    Braindead (very funny but lots of gore)
    Calvaire (aka The Ordeal)
    Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2
    The Thing
    Event Horizon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Switchblade Romance
    Rec
    The Orphanage
  • Options
    damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Haunting (the original one) ....scares the beejaysus out of me.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you seen Wes Cravens New Nightmare and Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors? I prefer those ones out of the series.

I would recommend
    Black Christmas (original version)
    Creep
    Braindead (very funny but lots of gore)
    Calvaire (aka The Ordeal)
    Hellraiser and Hellraiser 2
    The Thing
    Event Horizon

Woops didn't realised you had asked me a question lol sorry. Haven't seen the new one but I think I've seen the 3rd one. I used to watch them when I was younger so it's been a while. Plus there's so many of them I can't tell the difference between them apart from a few lol.

Watched the 'Midnight Meat train the other night. I really enjoyed it. Was expecting it to be that good. I suppose the name put me of a bit. I thought Vinnie Jones was good in it. Didn't think he'd be convincing in a horror film.

Anyone seen The Human Centipede or The Collector?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I watched 'Martyrs' the other week after the recommendations on here and I really enjoyed it. I never watch subtitled films, but the trailer looked really good so gave it a go. I'm glad I did.

There was some other film on FIlm4 that about to finish called 'Them' (or 'Ils' in French). The description when I pressed information sounded like a French version of Eden Lake. A couple who get terrorised staying in a cabin in the woods etc. It's all subtitled. I've recorded it and will watch it sometime this week. Anyone seen it?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martyrs is being remade by the producers of Twilight; We have that to look forward to. ;)

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/11/martyrs-remake-pascal-laugier-daniel-stamm.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Hostel was great, second one crap. Loved Eden Lake. The really good one I watched about a year ago was Tourists. About some young people who went to Africa (I think it was) and one by one were abducted for their organs (not musical ones lol). I paid for it on Sky Box office but have never seen it come up on Sky movies.

I've been trying to look it up but couldn't find it. Then I read somewhere that it's also been called 'Touristas' and 'Paradise Lost'. I've heard the name Paradise Lost but thought it was some sort of Sci-Fi film for some reason. Just watched the trailer and it looks great. Can't believe it's been out for like 4 years and I've never seen it. The end of the trailer shows an operation about to happen so I guess that the part you mentioned about the organs bit.

Gonna order of LoveFilm :).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Martyrs is being remade by the producers of Twilight; We have that to look forward to. ;)

Source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/11/martyrs-remake-pascal-laugier-daniel-stamm.html

I bet a lot of people will get angry lol. Most people seem to hate it when foreign films are Americanised. I'm curious to see what it'll be like. Wonder if it'll be as gory?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I watched 'Martyrs' the other week after the recommendations on here and I really enjoyed it. I never watch subtitled films, but the trailer looked really good so gave it a go. I'm glad I did.

There was some other film on FIlm4 that about to finish called 'Them' (or 'Ils' in French). The description when I pressed information sounded like a French version of Eden Lake. A couple who get terrorised staying in a cabin in the woods etc. It's all subtitled. I've recorded it and will watch it sometime this week. Anyone seen it?

I really liked Ils (Them). It is much better than The Strangers and also better than Eden Lake, IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    'The Loved Ones'-highly recommended, review here

'Dead Snow'-Zombie Nazi's!!! Hell yeah!!

[REC] 2-awesome sequel.