Options

What do you think caused the downfall of these artists?

2»

Comments

• Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Jamelia was always criminally underrated

Agreed she produced some classy material which was and still leagues ahead of some of the shite that passes for music nowadays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4HZxBU0Px8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9nEED4Gsug
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    There was that combination of as youu say timing and that moment of mass overexposure and bad single. But then no rescue considering it wasn't a complete bomb. Sometimes i think the label loses faith and its easier to cut their losses.

She also got herself a big ego dumped her management and writing and production team who wrote her debut album for her and guided her from another pop wannabe into a seriously respected singer. She felt she done all the work herself, she was a studio creation just like 1 Direction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I think it has something to do with how long they left between albums. Jamelia left three years between each album. Sophie left two years, then four years, then four years again. I just think that pop fans can be very fickle and disloyal. I bet if both artists had released and toured an album every year (like One Direction or Girls Aloud) they'd have maintained interest and success for a lot longer. I guess that might not have been practical though, as they both write their own material.

Scissor Sisters you lump in there too. Their first album was a massive success but they still left their second album Ta-Da to be released three years later then their third another four years. They lost their commercial sheen.

Same with Indie/Rock bands too not just the Pop world.

Klaxon's were the "IT" band back in 2007, won a ton of awards and had a few hits. Took ages to release their second album no one gave it a second glance.
  • Options
    CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judas82 wrote: »
    The Pop World is a fickle place !

People who buy the music are more fickle than the suits who sell it. You see it all the time - someone loves a song because they heard it on some TV show or at a big event like the Olympics. They act like there is no other song in the world, that this is the only worthy song to have ever existed...until a few days later where they hear another song on another TV show or at another event and the whole cycle starts again. Rinse and repeat. I think people having long-term loyalty or a genuine, personal and meaningful connection to an artist is a thing of the past.
  • Options
    AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I think hard about The new rebuilt Smashing Punkins both album were bargain material.What was kind of sad for a band that were once great,same can be said about Soundgardens comeback.

But most of all Chinese Democracy.

And I think Liam's Beady eye recently.