BT Line rental alone

I need to know if I can pay BT just for the line rental on the phone line, without buying any sort of calls package. Just the £11.25 per month, no phones even plugged into the sockets.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to know if I can pay BT just for the line rental on the phone line, without buying any sort of calls package. Just the £11.25 per month, no phones even plugged into the sockets.

Yes you can.
    I presume you pay by DD and have on line billing for the £11.25 pm line rental.

Its called the Unlimited Weekend Plan which gives you free weekend calls anyway on the basic package.
  • iniltousiniltous Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you go down this route you may want to make sure you dont get 'free' caller display and BT Answer, because if you
    dont make any calls you will be charged for these 'free'
    add ons, as you have to make a number of calls per month/quarter to get them for 'free'
  • BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi the_saint_2005,
    The Unlimited Weekend Plan which is the same as basic line rental costs £11.25 per month so long as you subscribe to paper free billing and pay by direct debit. The add-ons such as the caller display included with BT Privacy at Home and the BT Answer 1571 are free so long as you make 2 chargeable calls per month or 6 per quarter through the BT network. If you do not make the required number of calls you will be charged £0.98 per month for the 1571 service and £2.50 per month for Caller Display. These prices are inclusinve of VAT.

Many Thanks
    Donna
    BT Support
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your replies, but it's sorted now.