Options

The Coffee Lounge (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    I have to say twass, I'm with hy on that one! How often would you see her if she was at home? I know that when family aren't well you always want to spend as much time with them as possible, but it depends on circumstances!

Hope the meeting goes well hy.

Put the hats away again ladies - Mr Thursday is still very nice, but I don't think it will come to anything long term. Better start the hunt all over again!

12 and a half days til I see the surrogate family again :-)
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But......I've only just got the smell of mothballs out of my best hat !!!

Never mind jelli, Mr Right is out there somewhere on his white charger!! I tell my daughter this after breaking up with her BF after five years. At the moment, being off men, she says she hopes he falls off :D:D
  • Options
    hyundaihyundai Posts: 36,528
    Forum Member
    morning....

bummer and i love a wedding.....i havent even got anyone anymore i can offer you jellie

it could only happen to me....i have had a severe reaction to erythromycin....not a singe whole hor of sleep am a bit knackered...the doc is calling me later cos i cant actually go sit in the surgery if you know what i mean....have cancelled the visitor to mums to another day...

will be here sat sitting in mr dressing gown in me lounge....:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54,392
    Forum Member
    Shame about the wedding but have fun testing out a few more Jelli

Nothing doing here all day except Leveson and Martin is coming for soup at lunchtime

Sorry you feel poorly Hy, and what a pity you had to change the appointment with the social care lady that sounds really useful and good to get sorted out while you and your brother can work together for once.
  • Options
    Victorian FoxVictorian Fox Posts: 3,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A mate I've not seen for a long time phoned me at lunchtime, and asked do you want a catch up at the pub tonight. He said only problem is I'm going to drink 2 pints, but have 2 lights broke on my car. So I turned the offer down.

Do you think I was right. He would of had to drive 5 miles to the pub he wanted to go to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But......I've only just got the smell of mothballs out of my best hat !!!

Never mind jelli, Mr Right is out there somewhere on his white charger!! I tell my daughter this after breaking up with her BF after five years. At the moment, being off men, she says she hopes he falls off :D:D

Love the hat twass - a wedding must be hat just so you can wear it!
    A mate I've not seen for a long time phoned me at lunchtime, and asked do you want a catch up at the pub tonight. He said only problem is I'm going to drink 2 pints, but have 2 lights broke on my car. So I turned the offer down.

Do you think I was right. He would of had to drive 5 miles to the pub he wanted to go to

Hmm Vic - I'd say you did the right thing - at least he won't run the risk of getting into trouble now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the invalid has returned...
    good morning gang....

vic i agree with jelli...it is never a good idea to get in a car with someone who has been drinking no matter how little....and never if the car is faulty and lights are important...

i lost a day yesterday but here i am.....hope you are all well....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi folks

I am having a lazy day today. Me and me dawg. She is finally getting the message not to bite me and it makes life so much more pleasant. She sits all the time, and now stands, allows a bit of grooming and lies-down...only if I bribe her with treats but its a start!

Hope your finger feels better today Hy. My elbow is less swollen and inflamed but hurts more strangely.

Got Hassan coming tomorrow to paint my 'new' wall and the dog's kennel and to plant into the garden a couple of big climbers that are in pots on the terrace, I don't think they are doing too well in the pots...I'll just put some annuals in them. I will still have honeysuckle and jasmine to climb up there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CharlieL wrote: »
    Hi folks

I am having a lazy day today. Me and me dawg. She is finally getting the message not to bite me and it makes life so much more pleasant. She sits all the time, and now stands, allows a bit of grooming and lies-down...only if I bribe her with treats but its a start!

Hope your finger feels better today Hy. My elbow is less swollen and inflamed but hurts more strangely.

Got Hassan coming tomorrow to paint my 'new' wall and the dog's kennel and to plant into the garden a couple of big climbers that are in pots on the terrace, I don't think they are doing too well in the pots...I'll just put some annuals in them. I will still have honeysuckle and jasmine to climb up there.
    i have been asleep....
    good tara she will soon learn.....
    your elbow is the skin sore to touch...sounds daft but my skin on my finger is very sore to the touch...i think this is the celulitis....it isnt as bad today not as red....i look forward to seeing the wall and the new flowers in your garden....ken had to see the doc today after his blood tests..he has been told he had a deficiency in vit d and she recommends him going in the sun....i hope it is sunny in states.....or i can forsee an inbetween visit to you.....have you seen much of torty since her release into the wild....
    i now have my appetite getting back to normal and am looking forward to eating later dunno what tho cos ken is out for the evening and i wasnt in the mood for taking anything out this morning....ach well....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just remembered I defrosted a chicken so that needs to go in the oven!! Probably have something 'makeshift' tonight and have chicken tomorrow though.

Yes it is sore to touch although now its not burning red hot anymore

Well Charaf is open to tourists at any time. I was actually going to say to you, once you've got your mum's visit over and done with if you fancy a girly few days sometime just pop over. But of course if Ken needs the sun too, all the better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CharlieL wrote: »
    I've just remembered I defrosted a chicken so that needs to go in the oven!! Probably have something 'makeshift' tonight and have chicken tomorrow though.

Yes it is sore to touch although now its not burning red hot anymore

Well Charaf is open to tourists at any time. I was actually going to say to you, once you've got your mum's visit over and done with if you fancy a girly few days sometime just pop over. But of course if Ken needs the sun too, all the better!

funnily enough ken said to me to come over...leave it with me...i need to look at dates...is short notice ok...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all! Hope all is well now with the allergic reaction hy, and I hope everyone's ailments are improving!! Been to work training for the poll clerk work for the Election next week, and just made a big mac n cheese for din dins which shall be nommed after an hour of aqua aerobics :D THat is my excuse for scoffing pasta and cheese :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening all! Hope all is well now with the allergic reaction hy, and I hope everyone's ailments are improving!! Been to work training for the poll clerk work for the Election next week, and just made a big mac n cheese for din dins which shall be nommed after an hour of aqua aerobics :D THat is my excuse for scoffing pasta and cheese :D

hi there....if you could just add a bit of cauliflower into the mix i will be round for me tea....i love mac cauli n cheese....

i fancy doing some work like that twas...maybe next year...i will get some details from you on how to apply....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hyundai wrote: »
    hi there....if you could just add a bit of cauliflower into the mix i will be round for me tea....i love mac cauli n cheese....

i fancy doing some work like that twas...maybe next year...i will get some details from you on how to apply....

It's a nice job hy and good money. All local councils look for poll clerks before an election!

We have no cauli but I put some ham and mushrooms in :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a nice job hy and good money. All local councils look for poll clerks before an election!

We have no cauli but I put some ham and mushrooms in :)

im on me way...warm me plate up....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening all. Sounds like things seem to be improving for some/most people - either that or I'm reading wrong! Quite possibly the latter ......

Mr Thursday night is going away for a week on Saturday. I'm not bothered, but he seems desperate to meet up before he goes, which makes me think he's more into this than I am. Oh well! Fun is to be had in some way, shape or form.

And on that note, I'm going on a wine hunt ................... might have to be some form of spirit though as think I drank all the wine on Saturday night :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooooooooh just remembered my funny story from last night!

Went to a thai restaurant for tea with some friends. We were joking about the fact that 2 males of our number are very good friends (both taken however) and winding them up. Then the waitress brought the dessert menus over - one of the desserts? Banana Wet Dream! Mass hysterics all round! Add to that the fact that she then came back and said 'Can I get you a banana wet dream to share?'

OMG we did not know what to do with ourselves! Cue quick payment and get out of there!

Hope that puts a smile on some loungers faces :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jellibeen wrote: »
    Ooooooooh just remembered my funny story from last night!

Went to a thai restaurant for tea with some friends. We were joking about the fact that 2 males of our number are very good friends (both taken however) and winding them up. Then the waitress brought the dessert menus over - one of the desserts? Banana Wet Dream! Mass hysterics all round! Add to that the fact that she then came back and said 'Can I get you a banana wet dream to share?'

OMG we did not know what to do with ourselves! Cue quick payment and get out of there!

Hope that puts a smile on some loungers faces :-)
    :D:D it certainly did.....happy wine spirit hunting.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hyundai wrote: »
    im on me way...warm me plate up....:D

We're scoffin it now hy, be quick, we've already had seconds :o:D

Banana wet dream!! :eek::D:D It's like all the funnies on engrish.com :o:eek::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HA HA

We were at a restaurant the other day and they'd translated Crevettes Pil Pil on the English menu as Prawn Lip Lip....bless em

Yep anytime Hy, might go back to UK September time but may not so no big deal.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning all!!:Dwhat happened to yesterday then?? Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooer! You're right kate, there is no yesterday :eek:

Where is everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, all are well just busy. I am wondering whether it's worth going to pilates or not, since its fully booked....but I could sneak in under the wire cos other peeps do that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    good morning....sorry was awol yesterday....still not 100% up to the mark...ken was ill as well...different cause but same results..he had food poisoning...still off work....

anyhoo....i was supposed to be goint to see the dancing in southend tonight but we decided it is better not to go so ihave given my tickets away.....

today i will be mainly trying to eat and retain food....sorrry TMI i know....

eta...twas you popped up cos i didnt refresh first...morning to you...so you limbo in to pi lates...novel way of entry....:D
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all!! Well that's the end of another week!! I was booking a six week follow up appointment for a patient today and neither of us could believe it took us up to June!!:eek: the year is rushing past already!!
    sorry to hear you and ken not well hy, speedy recovery to you both,
    just catching up with everything else here...**waves to twass and other loungers** :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello out there! Yesterday vanished for me as well in the chaos of too many bods for the coach to and from the pool. Ooooh my brain had to work ......

Am crawling into bed already now as missing home and need to go to sleep before anyone skypes/rings/texts me else the tears will flow again. Night all