CBBC: Past,Present, Future

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Yes Raven is still making new episodes. There's been 10 series since 2002.

Serious's latest series, Serious Explorers, got canned.I'd imagine that's the end for that franchise.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serious_Jungle

Very sad to read that. Obviously tragic for the man who died, and can't help feeling for the kids who went on that series if they saw what happened - or even if they didn't, it would still have been pretty traumatic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    OMG sooo many memories!when I watched it between 1998-2008 remember the presenters there was one called simon who I really liked another called Jake and sophie and angelica bell anyone remember their last names?know the Jake one now is presenting sports remember jeopardy how I always assumed that they would make another series sooo creepy how it ended another programme called feather boy that was creepy,stig of the dump,shoebox zoo,the queens nose,the wild thornberrys,get your own back hosted by the sophie woman,Tracy beaker,cave girl loved byker grove remember the twins(one was called Adam I think)hayley,stumpy,dom and a boy in a weel chair who was picked on by a girl called Stacey?also liked the animated programme set in Alaska about a French man frozen in the ice 200 years before until a dog peeded on him and defrosted him:)that was fun,the list gos on forever:D
  • Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG sooo many memories!when I watched it between 1998-2008 remember the presenters there was one called simon who I really liked another called Jake and sophie and angelica bell anyone remember their last names?know the Jake one now is presenting sports remember jeopardy how I always assumed that they would make another series sooo creepy how it ended another programme called feather boy that was creepy,stig of the dump,shoebox zoo,the queens nose,the wild thornberrys,get your own back hosted by the sophie woman,Tracy beaker,cave girl loved byker grove remember the twins(one was called Adam I think)hayley,stumpy,dom and a boy in a weel chair who was picked on by a girl called Stacey?also liked the animated programme set in Alaska about a French man frozen in the ice 200 years before until a dog peeded on him and defrosted him:)that was fun,the list gos on forever:D

you mean 50/50
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeopardy, aquila, demon headmaster, the queens nose and see how they run?... yeah they were the days
  • Options
    daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where we can watch any of these classics jeopardy especially
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Born in 1981

Anyone remember The Lowdown - a great kids documntary series, which gave me the first knowledge of AIDS and glue sniffing.

I had my own Edd the Duck puppet too

Other faves were Bric A Brac, Dogtanian, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Willy Fogg, Maid Marian, Dooby's Duck Disco Bus, Chocky, Girl From Tomorrow, Family Ness, Five Children and It.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Born in 1981

Anyone remember The Lowdown - a great kids documntary series, which gave me the first knowledge of AIDS and glue sniffing.

Other faves were Bric A Brac, Dogtanian, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Willy Fogg, Maid Marian, Dooby's Duck Disco Bus, Chocky, Girl From Tomorrow, Family Ness, Five Children and It.

I was just thinking the other day about The Lowdown, I was a bit scared of it at first, it had quite heavy subjects! I remember the documentary about the girl with leukaemia and how it was repeated when she died.There was another really moving one about children's hospices too.

I remember the last or close to the last series of it, where they covered the young American preacher, a group of children camping, one solely focusing on Anna Chlumsky and one about a young artist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    Does anyone know where we can watch any of these classics jeopardy especially
    Darkphantom uploaded them to Youtube, pretty good quality too. http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkPhantom89. Thank the man, I was so pleased when I found them. Every episode is uploaded (though 1 or 2 are out of order in his recently uploaded list because he had to get copies from someone else, so you'll have to search for that one).

Have fun, I did!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Born in 1981

They had some really excellent documentaries on The Lowdown; gives the lie to any notion that childrens TV has to be something lesser in quality than adult TV (a view held by too many people)

Girl from Tomorrow was really great. Another one was Dark Season.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen Hounded. Rufush Hound's new series?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Bellrosk wrote: »
    Ah I'm having a bout of nostalgia and was wondering if anybody could help me out?

I faintly recollect two shows:
    • The first was a one-off series, I'm not too sure when it aired but most likely between 2000-2004. It may have been on CITV, I'm not too sure. Anyway it involved a large hot air balloon and was about travelling or a journey or some type. It had quite a catchy theme tune.

Sorry to bump this but I'm really struggling to remember this show and its really bugging me. It was never something that went on for more than one series, in fact I'm pretty sure it was only on for one series.

I know for a fact that it was shown over a summer (school holiday summer) one year (most likely between 2000 and 2003).

It was a cartoon and seemed to be hand drawn and quite nicely done too. I can't fully remember the plot but I do remember a hot air balloon and the people in it always travelling the world :)

The theme song tune is also stuck in my head ha :P
  • Options
    LightofTruthLightofTruth Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets just say it due now for a re brand now there are told they will have to go for Age 6 to 16 again :)
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

jake humphreys
    sophie mcdonell
    simon grant

yvon of the yukon is the ice programme ur tlaking about

all the time i am on youtube looking at the past
    anna boultuen was my frist crush
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Lets just say it due now for a re brand now there are told they will have to go for Age 6 to 16 again :)
    You mean because BBC Switch got axed? We don't know a lot about their plans for CBBC yet.
  • Options
    naddieuknaddieuk Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember "Beat the Teacher" and "Galloping Galaxies"?
    In "Beat the Teacher" I remember there was a teacher who was playing to win money for the school library and he kept on winning most of the games. I think he had about a thousand quid, which was a LOT in those days.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Rule the School.
  • Options
    auldlangsyneauldlangsyne Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone actually have any of these shows on vhs or dvd that they recorded

I have complete series of-

Microsoap
    The Queens Nose
    Grange Hill (1998-2005)
    Jeopardy
    The Ghosthunter

I really wish i had the wild house, mr wymi, gyob etc, does anyone have any episodes of any of these?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I've been reading through these and it's brought back loads of memories!
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having remembering the name of a show.

I'm not sure if it was CBBC (I think it was), there was this school which was for people that could sing and it was run by this old man. I can remember in one episode a guy was running a radio station from a boat in the middle of a lake.
    There was a guy called Kelvin or Kalvin who had really awesome hair.
    That's about all I remember? There were big gates outside the complex- I'm pretty sure it was a singing or performing arts school.

Any help would be much appreciated because my friend and I are currently wracking our brains! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having remembering the name of a show.

I'm not sure if it was CBBC (I think it was), there was this school which was for people that could sing and it was run by this old man. I can remember in one episode a guy was running a radio station from a boat in the middle of a lake.
    That's about all I remember? There were big gates outside the complex- I'm pretty sure it was a singing or performing arts school.

Any help would be much appreciated because my friend and I are currently wracking our brains! :D

Was it The Biz?
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like DavetheScot said, definitely sounds like The Biz - one of my absolute favourites of children's TV ever.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    I agree, it definitely sounds like The Biz!