Viewing Card In A Different Box

Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
Forum Member
Hello

I would imagine this question has been asked many times so apologies in advance......

Will my viewing card work with someone elses Sky box. I have movies and they don't and it would be nice to watch movies when I am round their house.

I know years ago it could be done but you wouldnt always get the premium channels but I vaguely recall hearing that the most recent viewing cards changed that.

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you won't get Movies, the card needs pairing to the box to get premium channels.

You would get standard channels like Sky One, but I assume they have that already.

Only way is to take your box with you.
  • Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Doh!! Thats a shame, would have been nice to be able to just go round there with my viewing card rather than the box itself.

Thanks for the reply
  • PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only slightly related, but I seem to remember BT giving one caller the advice "put your card in the other box" in response to them not bothering to offer multiroom. From the above replies it seems this wouldn't work - so not only are they not offering a basic option, they're seemingly giving out the wrong advice about workarounds as well. Would be a lot simpler if they just offered multiroom like pretty much every other premium channel, but ah well...
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT ?

You Sure
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PaulLFC wrote: »
    Only slightly related, but I seem to remember BT giving one caller the advice "put your card in the other box" in response to them not bothering to offer multiroom. From the above replies it seems this wouldn't work - so not only are they not offering a basic option, they're seemingly giving out the wrong advice about workarounds as well. Would be a lot simpler if they just offered multiroom like pretty much every other premium channel, but ah well...

BT is nothing to do with Sky, the information above relates to the Sky premium channels (Sky Sports & Sky Movies).

Until BT Sports launches and someone tries it, no one knows if it would work or not.