Tulisa: The price of fame. BBC 3

124»

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    You would whine too if the press were trying to ruin your life, for no reason..........

If there was "no reason" then the CPS would have tossed the case at the first hurdle IMO. It would have been patently obvious that the crime was created out of nothing.

As I've often said, I personally believe that they received a tip-off that she was a person who could arrange drugs if needed and they decided to test the waters, so to speak, to see if it was true.
    Imo, she was, because they tried to buy her off.

This is something that we're never going to definitively know I think. She'll claim her side, The Sun will claim their side and since the case collapsed, nobody will ever have the chance to definitively prove it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would whine too if the press were trying to ruin your life, for no reason..........

She's on tape organising the supply of drugs. He co-conspirator admitted the crime. There was a very good reason for exposing her.

Anyone can entrap anyone, and the sun did entrap her.

Ridiculous statement.

Imo, she was, because they tried to buy her off.

What? Who tried to 'buy her off'?? And why? She was the one caught in a drug deal! 'Sorry Tulisa, bad news, we've caught you helping a mate shift £800 worth of sniff. We've got no choice but to give you money and hope you keep quiet about it. Deal?'

:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    As I've often said, I personally believe that they received a tip-off that she was a person who could arrange drugs if needed and they decided to test the waters, so to speak, to see if it was true.

This is something that we're never going to definitively know I think. She'll claim her side, The Sun will claim their side and since the case collapsed, nobody will ever have the chance to definitively prove it.

Agreed, I also think she was unfairly targeted, by the sun and others.

kaybee15 wrote: »
    She's on tape organising the supply of drugs. He co-conspirator admitted the crime. There was a very good reason for exposing her.

However good the reason, the lengths the sun went to were awful, they nearly ruined her life.
    Ridiculous statement.

How? :confused: Entrapment can be committed by anyone...........
    What? Who tried to 'buy her off'?? And why? She was the one caught in a drug deal! We've got no choice but to give you money and hope you keep quiet about it. Deal?'

:confused:

Umm.......I don't think they used money to keep Tulisa quiet. I don't think they needed to. I think that they used money as their bait and as some type of insurance against her.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scousemick wrote: »
    I think part of the problem here is we have a journalist 'investigating' alleged criminality and able to go 'the extra mile' in doing so in contrast to where a police officer could go and will obviously be given a degree of latitude. For me the whole scenario , and i posted in another thread, where she was offered a huge chance of taking her fame whilst being hugely schmoozed to the next level for providing the number of someone who could supply drugs seems unseemly. I'm aware that what she did could have constituted the offence , if she'd been convicted, and that others hoodwinked by mahmood have been like herbie hide or john alford but i just feel its more suitable a tabloid tittle tattle than actual criminality. There is clearly no way , in my opinion, a serving police officer could have gone to the extremes mahmood did without facing the real possibility of being accused of acting as an a 'agent provocateur '. I do take your legal points but the fact that mahmood was effectively operating outside the rules of evidence clearly taints much of what occured.

Thats all just my rambling opinion though, as regards the perjury i've read that it relates specifically to evidence given by mahmood at what the media described as 'a pre-trial hearing' (probably a voir dire ). Its difficult to get the full details and this is just my understanding from a couple of articles but It seems that the Mahmood was asked if he'd discussed the evidence of his driver with him and he denied that he had however during the trial the evidence he gave was contrary to that. The driver's It seems may have, in various accounts, flipflopped between saying that after the alleged facilitation Tulisa had stated she was upset as she was opposed to drugs to not recalling who specifically made the comment. The judge dealing with the change in evidence said

[QUOTE} There may be a number of reasons for the change in Mr Mahmood's evidence but the reasons for the change are secondary to what the evidence reveals about Mr Mahmood's honesty and his ability to manipulate the court's process.
    [/QUOTE]

Oh, I'm not saying he didn't act unethically. It was clearly not a genuine attempt to expose criminality, and simply a desire to drum up some good gossip for the paper. That doesn't negate anything criminal Tulisa may have been involved in, but it's highly questionable conduct for a journalist, and renders his evidence somewhat shaky going in, but still permissible under English law.

The fact that the key prosecution witness(es) lied about an important part of the case basically leaves the CPS with no case - hence why the trial was brought to an end, I presume.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh, I'm not saying he didn't act unethically. It was clearly not a genuine attempt to expose criminality, and simply a desire to drum up some good gossip for the paper. That doesn't negate anything criminal Tulisa may have been involved in, but it's highly questionable conduct for a journalist, and renders his evidence somewhat shaky going in, but still permissible under English law.

The fact that the key prosecution witness(es) lied about an important part of the case basically leaves the CPS with no case - hence why the trial was brought to an end, I presume.[/QUOTE]

yeah i don't think we're disagreeing on anything actually , which is always nice
  • SnakeGuySnakeGuy Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    toofast wrote: »
    I must admit I am not finding her endearing. She seems fulls of bravado around her friends and entourage. And what on earth has she done to her face and lips? They look so swollen.

Why do so many women celebs have the swollen lips treatment ??
    I haven't seen one that looks good but EVERY one I've seen looks ridiculous !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    SnakeGuy wrote: »

When Tulisa posted pictures of her new look, people were saying that she looked like a Hollywood film star. So getting a good response, must have made her carry on with it.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It`s clear they had reason to pursue the story and had it not been for Mahmood tarting up the story she clearly wouldn`t have gotten off.

I guess you can take the girl out of the ghetto but not.......etc.

Still, I`m sure all those unsold CDs of her album are successfully landfilling the foundations for some bypass so I guess she`s done a public service in some small way.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,986
    Forum Member
    When Tulisa posted pictures of her new look, people were saying that she looked like a Hollywood film star. So getting a good response, must have made her carry on with it.

Is this the Hollywood film star she modelled herself on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,986
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    It`s clear they had reason to pursue the story and had it not been for Mahmood tarting up the story she clearly wouldn`t have gotten off.

Still, I`m sure all those unsold CDs of her album are successfully landfilling the foundations for some bypass so I guess she`s done a public service in some small way.

She set herself up...to pretend she was helping a friend was nonsense.....if she was helping a friend wouldn't she have said I can't help you?

After the drugs chat, having sobered up, she could have told her friend not to buy any sweeties for the fake sheikh, instead she remained in contact with the reporter looking forward to meeting him again and setting up a night out for him. If by magic the reporter ended up being handed £800 worth of cocaine.

Something else, where were her management while the film & drugs negotiations were taking place?

I see the executive producer of this programme was a friend of Peaches Geldolf and after her death was interviewed on TV about her.

Surely the programme would have been made with the approval of her management and PR as part of a strategy?
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mahmood didn't simply tart up the story. He got the driver to lie so he wouldn't back up Tulisa's version of events. He lied himself, according to the judge. Mahmood was the main prosecution witness so once discredited there was no case. If that deceit hadn't happened at the earlier hearing there would not even have been a trial.

As for the "you can take the girl out of the ghetto" comment, can people never be allowed to escape their background?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    Mahmood didn't simply tart up the story. He got the driver to lie so he wouldn't back up Tulisa's version of events. He lied himself, according to the judge. Mahmood was the main prosecution witness so once discredited there was no case. If that deceit hadn't happened at the earlier hearing there would not even have been a trial.

Tulisa has never done/supplied cocaine. She said so, so it simply must be true and we all surely believe her? Yes we do, 100%, heck one MILLION per cent.
    As for the "you can take the girl out of the ghetto" comment, can people never be allowed to escape their background?

Does she show any signs of wanting to? I must`ve blinked and missed it - Was it in the pity-party broadcast earlier this week?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Surely the programme would have been made with the approval of her management and PR as part of a strategy?

I think Tulisa and her management even had a private screening of the documentary over a week ago which I imagine was for final editorial approval.
    Mahmood didn't simply tart up the story. He got the driver to lie so he wouldn't back up Tulisa's version of events

Tulisa's "version of events" was, according to her, to simply express an anti-drugs stance to the driver. I can only assume that this was to be used by the defence to build a picture of someone who is vehemently anti-drugs and who would not have arranged a drug deal unless she was "tricked" into doing so.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agreed.Nothing wrong with her lips before- in fact she looked better.
    The same goes for Katy Price,
    This trout pout , pneumatic look is irreversible. I bet most of those who've had it done regret it.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh oh! Tulisa's back on our screens, no doubt followed by a new album, new perfume etc. etc. Are we sure they can't just lock her up anyway?
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Uh oh! Tulisa's back on our screens, no doubt followed by a new album, new perfume etc. etc. Are we sure they can't just lock her up anyway?

It's how she makes her money. It's either that or go get a job down the supermarket. Which would you do if given the option?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

Thoughts: 1) I prefer her brunette rather than blonde
    2) Her face and lips look awful in the 2nd shot!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now she`s admitted (to The Guardian of all papers!) that she`s "had work done". Didn`t she previously deny this? Apparently Cowell is poised to give her a pity-job. As what? A model for Halloween masks?
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently Louis Walsh knows the "real" Tulisa
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would whine too if the press were trying to ruin your life, for no reason...........

Fame is a noose. No-one forced her head into it.
  • Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe Tulisa's lips and the Great Wall of China are the only two man-made objects visible with the naked eye from outer space...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    I believe Tulisa's lips and the Great Wall of China are the only two man-made objects visible with the naked eye from outer space...

Haven`t less people used the Great Wall though? :D
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What ghetto? wasn't her dad or uncle Mungo Jerry and she went to private school.?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    What ghetto? wasn't her dad or uncle Mungo Jerry and she went to private school.?

Pretty much. Pulp wrote "Common People" about her sort, the kind that want to "slum it" to seem cool and take a walk on the wild side. Unfortunately, she took it a little too far.