Comments

• jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    Raven!!!!!

i hated raven for some reason

are we able to get past tv schedules for late 90s and early 00s

the showed the smurfs/wacky races/yogi bear..all teh classic cartoons from the 70s.

i loved playdays, whybird stop on amonday was my fav but hated peggy patch...

i miss these shows! also woody woodpecker remember him along with yuvon of the yukon?
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://tvlistings.thetvroomplus.com/ and scroll down to the bottom, got listing by month for BBC1 and 2 plus regional variations. updated regularly as well
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shows i've loved on CBBC:D

- The Demon Headmaster
    -Grange Hill
    - Byker Grove
    - Noah and Saskia
    - Jepordy
    - Powers
    - Rugrats
    - Round the twist
    - Woody the woodpecker

and currently am addicted to Trapped
  • 3PS3PS Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh my i forgot about maid marrion, wasn't Tony Robinson who does time team in it? That was well funny! Liked Simon and the witch, Those were the days where you could turn either cbbc or citv over and watch the other if you didn't like what was on.
  • BucksmanBucksman Posts: 1,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe a thread about pre 2002 kids tv makes me feel old...

My faves were:

Chucklevision
    Bodger and Badger
    Arthur
    Jeopardy
    Grange Hill (pre Liverpool)
    Blue Peter (Matt, Simon, Liz and Konnie)
    Out of Tune
    Short Change
    Raven

I also liked the studio stuff, on later during the holidays :D

However, I never got XChange, what was the point? The same with Byker Grove...
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot Come Outside! I used to love Pippin...

Short Change was brilliant as well, and I got into Raven towards the end of my CBBC viewing days. Caught an episode of it the other day, apparently there's now a Nevar and an Ervan - ingenius! :D
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    >Julia Jekyll and Harriet Hyde

Ah yes, an early role for Olivia Hallinan of Lark Rise To Candleford fame.
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people haven't mentioned:
    There's a viking in my bed
    Dennis the Menace
    Microsoap (about 2 single parent families living next door to each other and knocking the wall down in between)
    50/50

Sunday Evening Programmes:
    Fungus the Bogeyman
    Johnny and the Bomb

Also what other people have mentioned
    Jeopardy (didn't like the 1st series but the next 2 were excellent)
    Blue Peter (still watch from time to time)
    Tracey Beaker
    Byker Grove
    Get your own Back
    Come outside
    Wild Thornberries
    Postman Pat
    Fireman Sam
    Sarah Jane Adventures

CBBC went downhill a couple of years ago when they redefined their target audience to 6-12, leaving 12-16 with the awfully bad (poor copy of T4) Switch. If you aim your audience too young you will get lower figures. Also Neighbours moving has not helped it with programmes starting/finishing 20 minutes earlier.

Some new shows coming up http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/07_july/03/cbbc.shtml apparantely Just William is Sunday Teatime viewing.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wryip wrote: »
    Some people haven't mentioned:
    There's a viking in my bed
    Dennis the Menace
    Microsoap (about 2 single parent families living next door to each other and knocking the wall down in between)
    50/50

Sunday Evening Programmes:
    Fungus the Bogeyman
    Johnny and the Bomb

Also what other people have mentioned
    Jeopardy (didn't like the 1st series but the next 2 were excellent)
    Blue Peter (still watch from time to time)
    Tracey Beaker
    Byker Grove
    Get your own Back
    Come outside
    Wild Thornberries
    Postman Pat
    Fireman Sam
    Sarah Jane Adventures

i mentioned microscoap, with the big rat, my uncle was in that(he has curley hair ivan kaye)

grange hill the fire when it moved was brilliant and then it was ok for the next year but then went bad.

Wild thornberries is also a brilliant show they had that movie "stewww"

dennis the menace, a classic that is still on but i always thought it was american till theyd id that blue peter episode

keep coming with shows brings back meories
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I'm probably one of the younger people to post in this but I do find that todays kids tv isn't as good as it used to be.

I remember waking up on a Saturday morning and watching SMTV with my parents (I know its not BBC), thats is something we don't tend to do now as they isn't any really good morning tv.

Some of my favs are:
    Jeopardy (Only watched the last series, been meaning to watch the first)
    Arthur
    The Demon Headmaster (wouldn't have seen it if it weren't for Youtube)
    Get your own back
    The Wild Thornberrys
    Wacky Races

The only shows I enjoy now from CBBC are Sarah Jane Adventures and Young Dracula (which may have been axed :cry:).

There was also another TV show I think I liked but can't remember much about it. I think it was after kids having powers and they were being put together to create an army and a kid with powers was trying to refuse.
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Dessimat0r wrote: »
    I liked the Time Bus programme with the bus that used to go back in time and they'd have to solve mysteries and get back on it before time ran out :) On a similar note, does anyone remember Scavengers? Was that on BBC or ITV?

I loved that Time Bus programme!, it was great on a Sunday with that, the old re-runs of Grange Hill and Ant and Dec's show. They also repeated Dark Season I think then too.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Shoebox Zoo
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I liked Shoebox Zoo too. Young Dracula has been axed, the last series was in 2007.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lee3319 wrote: »
    There was also another TV show I think I liked but can't remember much about it. I think it was after kids having powers and they were being put together to create an army and a kid with powers was trying to refuse.

No idea if this is what you're thinking of, but I've just remembered Animorphs :)

And Microsoap is coming back to me... magic.

I wish they'd release some of this stuff on DVD... especially The Animals of Farthing Wood, that was stunning.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh of course!! Never made the connection there.
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was born in 86, I used to love Byker Grove,Grange Hill, The Biz with the gorgeous Paul Nicholls:D

The movie quiz show John Barrowman presented, plus there was a drama set near a Canal(which noone I speak to can remember) and a cartoon where kids had adventures when they were asleep.
    And the Monster Cafe? and a show set on a Spaceship?
  • BUBBLE BATHBUBBLE BATH Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Demon Headmaster
    Maid Marion and her Merrymen
    The Queens Nose
    The Wild House
    Byker Grove (miles better than Grange Hill, especially when Ant and Dec were in it)
    Round the Twist
    Chucklevision
    Bodger and Badger
    Get Your own Back

CITV was so crap in comparisan. The only decent shows they had were Knightmare and Fun House, everything else sucked.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    50/50 with that scottish sally girl was brilliant!!
    all those inflatable obstacles eemed such great fun!
  • BUBBLE BATHBUBBLE BATH Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pixxyy wrote: »
    I was born in 86, I used to love Byker Grove,Grange Hill, The Biz with the gorgeous Paul Nicholls:D

The movie quiz show John Barrowman presented, plus there was a drama set near a Canal(which noone I speak to can remember) and a cartoon where kids had adventures when they were asleep.

Oh my god, The Biz! That was brilliant!

The movie quiz with John Barrowman was called The Movie Game, and I think Phillip Schofield presented it before him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Just remembered Mona the Vampireeeeeeee,
    That theme tune used to drive my mum crazy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    People, people...... No mention of Willy Fog? Shameful!
    Forum Member
    Didn't know she'd done anything before CITV's Girls In Love! And she was also in Channel 4's Sugar Rush.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I remember this :D;) Dane Bowers sang the theme tune and I had a MASSIVE crush on the lead guy in it. I was almost certainly old enough to know better :o

Also remember "See How They Run" and all the drama-y stuff: Grange Hill (when it was good before they moved it from London), Byker Grove, The Biz, The Wild Family. Loved Maid Marian.

Cartoons like Noah's Island and The Animals of Farthing Wood (which used the same actors' voices :D )

They don't make 'em like they used to ;)

Born 1987 btw. So I was technically probably too old to watch some of the stuff :D

I was born in '88 so I was maybe too old too! :D So glad someone else remembers 24/7! Totally agree about Grange Hill too, seemed to be aimed at older kids then too.
    Dessimat0r wrote: »
    I liked the Time Bus programme with the bus that used to go back in time and they'd have to solve mysteries and get back on it before time ran out :)

That programme used to scare me; I'm not even sure why!
    pixxyy wrote: »

The Biz was amazing - I found the theme tune on YouTube and could actually remember all of the words :o

I remember the movie quiz show too and I remember the Monster Cafe programme too - they showed that about five years ago on CBBC breakfast TV too. Did the Spaceship show have a dog in it and the woman who used to do the Philadephia cheese ads? Was it Space Vets or something similiar?
    Forum Member
    CJBrown wrote: »
    People, people...... No mention of Willy Fog? Shameful!
    It's 26 years old, which means I wasn't born when it was on! Maybe people just haven't heard of it. Just looked it up on Wikipedia though, and apparently it's one of the most faithful and accurate versions of Around the World In Eighty Days ever produced, even though it renamed the characters and made them animals. Still popular in Spain as well, there was a stage musical version last year. There was also a sequel series based on Journey to the Centre of the earth and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, produced in 1993.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willy_Fog

Mojo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Vets
  • JonnyCoolJonnyCool Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it 'That'll Never Work' - the programme about strange inventions that had the annual awards?! That was awesome!!