Options

Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got tickets for Placebo today, was quite strange, they do an O2 presale tomorrow then general sale on friday, but they are selling them on bands website for 69hours from about midday today, you didn't even have to be a member of any fan club or anything. Got halfway through i was expecting to be asked for a membership number, but no, seems a weird set-up
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't get A7X tickets either. Surely won't be too much longer until they move up to the larger arenas? Another album and they could maybe give the O2 a go.

Anybody heard the new Megadeth song?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/megadeth_reveal_kingmaker.html

Really digging it :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    something quite odd about the AX7 ones, they are playing m/cr's biggest arena yet couldnt get any standing tickets but couldnt get the bottom tier seated, almost as if standing were allocated elsewhere (thinking viagogo type places) as a lot of standing would be sought after
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Have to admit, I'm not feeling the AX7 love. Still, not many people here seem to like what I do, so each to their own I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Have to admit, I'm not feeling the AX7 love. Still, not many people here seem to like what I do, so each to their own I guess.

but thats good, we cant not like eachothers stuff, but doesn't make us 'haters' :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    but thats good, we cant not like eachothers stuff, but doesn't make us 'haters' :D

That is true :)

Having said that..........I found this earlier :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is true :)

Having said that..........I found this earlier :D

thats good :D
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I clicked and I feel dirty now.... :D

I saw Manowar in 1984... ish @ Colston Hall in Bristol. There were @ 10 people there in a venue that holds 1800!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I saw Manowar in 1984... ish @ Colston Hall in Bristol. There were @ 10 people there in a venue that holds 1800!!

were you at the back?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    were you at the back?:D

Yes, it was all kicking off in the mosh pit!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was in response to this http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1829125 :D
    Awww. Well, to be fair to them, at least they still performed. Many bands would've called it off.

As a wise man once said "If you can't rock out to 20 people, you don't deserve 20,000"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was in response to this http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1829125 :D

Awww. Well, to be fair to them, at least they still performed. Many bands would've called it off.

As a wise man once said "If you can't rock out to 20 people, you don't deserve 20,000"

Yes, they did to their credit.

To be fair I love Battle Hymns and In To Glory Ride, but after that they started to take themselves far too seriously and became a parody of themselves.

My nephew saw them in Birmingham the last time they played and he said tickets were @ £50, they played for barely an hour and t-shirts were over £40!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Circle Pits & Wall Of Death

Just wanted to canvass opinion on these. I've noticed that bands often ask for these. Why? Tbh, that does make me roll my eyes somewhat. Surely the audience would do it spontaneously if they were that enthsiastic....or am I missing something?

A couple of examples..

Exodus - Extreme Wall of Death at Wacken Festival 2010

Eluviete - Circle pit ( Live, Budapest 22/03/13 )

Your thoughts?
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From on the stage, mosh pits, circle pits and walls of death look absolutely amazing. It's also a good way of getting everyone whipped up into a frenzy. Once one of those start, they'll probably continue in one form or another until the end of the set.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Circle Pits & Wall Of Death

Just wanted to canvass opinion on these. I've noticed that bands often ask for these. Why? Tbh, that does make me roll my eyes somewhat. Surely the audience would do it spontaneously if they were that enthsiastic....or am I missing something?

A couple of examples..

Exodus - Extreme Wall of Death at Wacken Festival 2010

Eluviete - Circle pit ( Live, Budapest 22/03/13 )

Your thoughts?

The audience can (and obviously do!) start mosh pits spontaneously, but things like really huge circle pits and especially the wall of death are pretty hard to do without telling everyone first!

Plenty of people enjoy getting involved in them and they certainly can look impressive, plus it's a way for people to really rock out and be energetic at a gig, rather than just standing - and it surely encourages the band if they see the audience going wild to the music. Generally, I don't enjoy them much myself, but as long as I can stay out of the way, I have no problem with others doing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From on the stage, mosh pits, circle pits and walls of death look absolutely amazing. It's also a good way of getting everyone whipped up into a frenzy. Once one of those start, they'll probably continue in one form or another until the end of the set.

Yeah, I can kind of understand that but surely if the band was generating enough energy onstage to get the crowd whipped up then they wouldn't need such set pieces?

I know people can & do get injured during wall of death, so I'm a bit dubious about bands actually getting the fans to do them. Obviously if they break out spontaneously then that's a different matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This appears to be spontaneous - and it's a big one.

Big4 Italia Slayer - Raining Blood! Wall of death

Bloody hell :D
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member

What's this about then? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as far as i know, its a concert film in the 3-D IMAX thing, with a story of some lads journey to get to the gig, i will be going cos i love the loud sounds at the imax in the printworks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After a handful of exclusive release shows in May, FINNTROLL are now proud to announce a full length tour to spread blood over Europe. Expect a spectacular show with old and new classics. Their friends TYR from the Faroe Islands and SKALMÕLD from Iceland will support them for nights you will never forget.

30.09.13 Mon UK Norwich Waterfront
    01.10.13 Tue UK Glasgow Classic Grand
    02.10.13 Wed UK Manchester NQ Live
    03.10.13 Thu IE Dublin The Pint
    04.10.13 Fri UK Bilston Robin 2
    05.10.13 Sat UK London The Garage

http://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=12877&IdCompany=3

No Newcastle date!!!! I bloody love Tyr too :cry:

*throws things* :mad:

TÝR - Hold The Heathen Hammer High
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who have you got actually playing newcastle? Not sure if 1D are even going there:mad::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    who have you got actually playing newcastle? Not sure if 1D are even going there:mad::D

On the contrary. My youngest saw them at the Arena back in April. She's the black sheep of the family :D

We had Rammstein at the arena a few weeks ago but by the time i'd noticed, it was too late to get tickets. :(

We've got Wintersun coming to the Academy 2 in July & Children Of Bodom in the autumn.

That's it. *sigh*

How come fookin' Norwich gets the good bands & we don't? Norwich!!! :mad:

We've just had Journey/Whitesnake/Thunder at the Arena too. Tempting....not.

Oh yeah, just remembered, Megadeths's coming to the Academy :yawn:

Just noticed Fozzy & Hatebreed (not together) added to the Academy too :sleep:
    http://www.o2academynewcastle.co.uk/

Hmmm...Gary Numan might be tempting *ponders*
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle. One of the most skipped places for bands in the UK.

It's a bloody joke. My mate has to come up here for most gigs.