Options

Would I Lie To You - Series 7 Fridays 8:30pm BBC1

degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
Forum Member
New series starts tonight
Rob Brydon is back in the host's chair for the seventh series of this comedy panel show. And, as ever, David Mitchell and Lee Mack are the lightning-quick team captains. Over the course of each show, celebrity guests reveal amazing stories about themselves, some of which are true and some of which are not. The aim of the game is to fool the opposition into mistaking fact for fiction and fiction for fact.
In this episode, the guests joining Lee Mack and David Mitchell are Rhod Gilbert, Vernon Kay, Dara O Briain and Denise Van Outen.

Comments

• Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Wish it was on after 9pm...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is. It works well at 10:35 on repeats but they can't do that while Norton is on and they can't do 9:30 because of Not Going Out.
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It is. It works well at 10:35 on repeats but they can't do that while Norton is on and they can't do 9:30 because of Not Going Out.

No, it's on at 8:30pm tonight. I hardly think the repeats are going to be different from the original airing :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What I meant was that earlier in the year they showed repeats of earler series in a 10:35pm slot. For me it was a good time slot.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The slot of first airing defines the type of show, as does the channel it's on.

WILTY on BBC2 at, say, 10pm would likely be quite different.

Although personally I'm tired of TV executives definition of "grown up telly", so I assume the 8:30 slot will be free of bad language and will have to rely on being funny.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Rob....has gotten a piece.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was gonna watch this. But Outen's on it.
  • Options
    MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg Rhod's tattoo? Looks like a turd!! :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's had its day now, the story's are just ridiculous
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    it's had its day now, the story's are just ridiculous

And now what do you think?
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    And now what do you think?

:confused:
  • Options
    rammie96rammie96 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I thought it was hilarious tonight.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Very good tonight, I knew David Mitchell's story about his appearance was true because he mentions it in his book.
  • Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know it was back until today! Glad I found it.

Love this show so much, and thought it was a great episode. The hamster story - what on earth!! Lol.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see it back - my favourite show on telly!

Didn't think it was the best one tonight although there were still lots of good bits. I'd like to see the timeslot extendted to 40 minutes - or at least have an extended edition in another time slot like some shows - as I always find it flies by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll always be a show that I preferred in a later time slot. I've seen reports from the recordings before, and I'm pretty sure the stuff that gets cut out to make it into a pre-watershed timeslot is a lot funnier than some of the stuff that stays in. Nevermind.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it has gained a different audience from when it first started, and lost some of the existing.

I watched this ep until Dara did his model walk and it was far too Miranda for me.

Since it's moved to an earlier time it's become very broad. In fact the first episode of series 5 (new time) had Miranda on board and that's when it changed the vibe.
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite panel shows

Didn't realise there was another series starting
    Strong first episode :)

I wonder if Rhod's story at the end was a little 'fluffed out'. Sometimes I'm not sure to what extent making a true story sound a bit false is frowned up
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Isn't there and 'uncut'/late night edit version at some point?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01s9l5g
    Oh it's the Unseen episode, series roundup I'm thinking of or I'm getting confused with 8 out of 10 cats uncut.
  • Options
    Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know this was on so it was a very nice suprise. It was a really good ep, I think David Mitchel is brilliant on it.
  • Options
    glorafinglorafin Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Sadly, it gets more and more scripted as series go on.

I can't see how Denise could have got a tattoo on air during a breakfast show when it's located on a part of her body she's not comfortable showing on telly. And still, she claims it was a true story.

And if I can't somehow believe that the true stories are actually true, the show loses most of its appeal.
  • Options
    mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    I am so glad it's back! It's one of those shows that I find even a poorer episode is still funny - mainly to do with the Lee and David back-and-forth. Last night's had a great selection of guests and really made me laugh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    I'm glad it's back too. Seems like a very long time since the last series, whereas QI and HIGNFY seem to keep reappearing. My imagination perhaps.

I also love the banter between David and Lee - in fact that's what makes the show work I think. My only small complaint is that there seems to be less and less time for each panelist to have their turn. Could do with more from the panelists and a little less from Rob Brydon who seems to participate too much.

Lovely to see it back anyway:)
  • Options
    Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't understand how Dara got Rob's Liar of the Week award when everyone's story was true this week.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glorafin wrote: »
    Sadly, it gets more and more scripted as series go on.

I can't see how Denise could have got a tattoo on air during a breakfast show when it's located on a part of her body she's not comfortable showing on telly. And still, she claims it was a true story.

And if I can't somehow believe that the true stories are actually true, the show loses most of its appeal.

I think the reason she didn't want to show it on WILTY was because she was wearing a dress,which would have involved lifting it up and exposing her whole rear end.
    Perhaps when she had it done she was wearing trousers which meant she would have just had to pull the waistband down..the tattoo is on her lower back/top of buttock area,I think she said.

Sounds perfectly plausible to me.