Options

EE: That may explain why we always see David eating!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
Forum Member
as so many other threads have pointed out, David is always eating - never seems anything healthy.

After tonight's events I almost get the impression this has been deliberately and sutterly imputed into the odd episodes, obviously all that greasy food has caught up with David's old ticker.

Comments

• Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coddlet wrote: »
    as so many other threads have pointed out, David is always eating - never seems anything healthy.

After tonight's events I almost get the impression this has been deliberately and sutterly imputed into the odd episodes, obviously all that greasy food has caught up with David's old ticker.

In which case this mustve been the plan all along.
    Actually this makes his "death" I presume even more bittersweet. The audience were given the Nicky story as a diversion so that they wouldnt predict the real bombshell - David never makes it to the altar but for a reason we don't expect.
    Its clever writing & from the amusing "lunch clause" thread & clearly been in the offing for a while.
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I thought.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did think you clever sods! lol It was said in the press release Michael agreed to an contract extension when DTC came in but the plan was always for him to leave. If so great foreshadowing. Its been there all along.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There we were thinking it was a nice little DS nod, all the time it was part of an overreaching plot arc. Great work, storyliners. :D
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Peter Dean saying that thats how they wanted Pete Beale to die and have him snacking on bad food for a while and die of a heart attack.

Funnily enough I said after Monday episode to others in the room "he'll probably have a heart attack with all the crap he eats" and he did in the next e[pisode. They thought I had read spoilers but I didn't have a clue it would happen last night!
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    So is it confirmed that he has died?

So sad if the case. As he is leaving the show, I presume it must be. :(
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,663
    Forum Member
    That's brilliant if so. Well done, EE! I hope he hasn't died, although, if he has, then he went out in style. I'm going to miss him. :(

ETA - I only saw the end of the episode. Where had David been?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    That's brilliant if so. Well done, EE! I hope he hasn't died, although, if he has, then he went out in style. I'm going to miss him. :(

ETA - I only saw the end of the episode. Where had David been?

Carol needed "something blue" for the wedding so he went looking for an old record she used to love called Misty Blue. He couldn't get one in Walford so had to get the tube to a record store somewhere else in London. It was really romantic, bless him. I can't remember if he actually got the record, though. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Carol needed "something blue" for the wedding so he went looking for an old record she used to love called Misty Blue. He couldn't get one in Walford so had to get the tube to a record store somewhere else in London. It was really romantic, bless him. I can't remember if he actually got the record, though. :cry:
    Aw, Misty Blue! :cry: If they play that in the next episode, I will be a wreck. I think that confirms he's a goner then.

Thanks for filling me in! :)
  • Options
    Mani_BhangraMani_Bhangra Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only did we see him eating all the time but he was always rushing too while he was eating. Well done EastEnders, very clever story lining
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aah please no not David!

I love him :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Aw, Misty Blue! :cry: If they play that in the next episode, I will be a wreck. I think that confirms he's a goner then.

Thanks for filling me in! :)

I really hope he doesn't die. Such a great character. But it is looking more likely now. :(
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    In which case this mustve been the plan all along.
    Actually this makes his "death" I presume even more bittersweet. The audience were given the Nicky story as a diversion so that they wouldnt predict the real bombshell - David never makes it to the altar but for a reason we don't expect.
    Its clever writing & from the amusing "lunch clause" thread & clearly been in the offing for a while.

I thank you:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope he doesn't die. Such a great character. But it is looking more likely now. :(
    It's looking that way. :( That was a real Dr Zhivago moment last night.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Not only did we see him eating all the time but he was always rushing too while he was eating. Well done EastEnders, very clever story lining

^this - I didn't think of it originally - good S/L if it sends across a message.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Carol would have preferred him there on time and alive than some record that she cant even play...she got a gramophone somewhere? lol

Do love David but he very rarely does the right thing by Carol despite all his protestations to the contrary. Not sure how many times she has told him outright she doesnt need grand gestures, she needs simple hand holding. He should have been there and if he doesnt actually die then this will be the reason he leaves. Carol will kick him out for being a stupid kid rushing about the place and making her wait.
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Carol would have preferred him there on time and alive than some record that she cant even play...she got a gramophone somewhere? lol

Do love David but he very rarely does the right thing by Carol despite all his protestations to the contrary. Not sure how many times she has told him outright she doesnt need grand gestures, she needs simple hand holding. He should have been there and if he doesnt actually die then this will be the reason he leaves. Carol will kick him out for being a stupid kid rushing about the place and making her wait.
    The Carters still have a VCR connected to their TV so I don't see any reason why Carol wouldn't have a record player tucked away somewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

David obviously meant well by rushing to get the record, and if Carol can't handle that then it's her problem, not his. He clearly didn't intend to be late for the wedding, and actually he would have arrived right on time if it wasn't for the heart attack.

If Carol kicks him out for trying to be romantic on their wedding day then she's past all hope, to be honest.
  • Options
    Paul254Paul254 Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David obviously meant well by rushing to get the record, and if Carol can't handle that then it's her problem, not his. He clearly didn't intend to be late for the wedding, and actually he would have arrived right on time if it wasn't for the heart attack.

If Carol kicks him out for trying to be romantic on their wedding day then she's past all hope, to be honest.

He was already 25 mins late when he left the tube station
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul254 wrote: »
    He was already 25 mins late when he left the tube station

I thought they were due to leave at 12, which was why Carol went to wait in the car? I must have misunderstood that.
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were to leave at half 12 to make it there for 1. After half 12, everyone panicked, and Carol lost hope when the clock turned 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were to leave at half 12 to make it there for 1. After half 12, everyone panicked, and Carol lost hope when the clock turned 1.

Okay, my mistake.

He was still only half an hour late, and Carol has only just given up waiting for him at 1 which was when he appeared.

I still think it was a lovely gesture from him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Okay, my mistake.

He was still only half an hour late, and Carol has only just given up waiting for him at 1 which was when he appeared.

I still think it was a lovely gesture from him.
    I think so too, and I think Carol would have been very touched if things hadn't gone so horribly wrong. I'm still traumatized.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carters still have a VCR connected to their TV so I don't see any reason why Carol wouldn't have a record player tucked away somewhere.

Tiffany could wind it up whilst they have a dance
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night was horrible.:cry:

Well done with the eating thing though!