Options

Terminator 2 Wont Play on Either of My Sony Blu-Ray Players

MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought Terminator 2; Judgement Day Blu-Ray second hand from Exchange Shop.

I have two Sony Blu-Ray players and this disc will not play on either machine.

Anyone else had this problem with this Disc?

Comments

• Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the Sony machines identical or different models?

I've not heard of any firmware issues with T2 on Blu-ray, but you should type something appropriate in Google. I know a lot of Sony players (& other brands) can't handle Avatar, but T2 is a much older release.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T2 blu ray is fine on my Sony BDP300 and that's an oldish player.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have the ultimate? edition (with the "skull with the glowing eye" cover.

plays fine on PS3, although I am unable to enter the special code with the PS3 controller!
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,517
    Forum Member
    Have you updated the software on the BD players?.
  • Options
    NectarNectar Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe the reason that the previous owner flogged it to the exchange shop was because it wouldn't play on his Blu Ray player either - i.e. it is a knackered disc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No issues on my S350 with up to date Firmware or my mates S350 with original FW, sounds like a disc problem to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an update.

I got a replacement disc which still refuses to play on my Sony BD 350 machine, but it will play on my Sony BD 500 Machine.

Bizarre?

Actually reading some recent comments, I may need a firmware update for the 350 machine since the 500 was updated last year. Am wary of updates since it may invalidate the guarantee if I balls it up. What is the best and safest way to get an firmware update?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrGiles2 wrote: »
    This is an update.

I got a replacement disc which still refuses to play on my Sony BD 350 machine, but it will play on my Sony BD 500 Machine.

Bizarre?

Actually reading some recent comments, I may need a firmware update for the 350 machine since the 500 was updated last year. Am wary of updates since it may invalidate the guarantee if I balls it up. What is the best and safest way to get an firmware update?

Go to the Sony website, download it, and create a CD from the image file.

Bung it in the machine as per the instructions.

In the unlikely event that it does go wrong, just don't mention it - simply claim it stopped working.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or plug the Sony into your router via a cable and let it go off and find the update all by itself.

Done that to mine twice now without any issues at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Or plug the Sony into your router via a cable and let it go off and find the update all by itself.

If you've got a BD player that has an Ethernet socket, then that's the best way - I use a pair of Homeplugs to do them at work.
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've got a BD player that has an Ethernet socket, then that's the best way - I use a pair of Homeplugs to do them at work.
    MrGiles2 says he has a BDP-S350. So he should be sorted. Provided his 350 is within reach of his router of course. Not to mention the telly to configure the thing and set the upgrade process into motion.
  • Options
    meltcitymeltcity Posts: 2,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »

I recently had to update my microwave in order to make some popcorn. Luckily the microwave had a built-in ethernet port so updating it was a breeze...
  • Options
    hotdiggity1hotdiggity1 Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 350 is not a very old player so surprised it needs an update.

My 3 year old Panasonic still pn Profile 1.1 has not needed updates for any discs yet including the T2 original release and Skynet edition:confused:

However as you can see from this link - others were also having problems with the disc

http://www.amazon.co.uk/tag/high%20definition/forum?cdThread=Tx1D4XOXCJIFKW8

Solution appears to be to select French as the language option.
    I'm assuming you can then switch to English audio once its started
  • Options
    MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T2 blu ray is fine on my Sony BDP300 and that's an oldish player.

T2 didn't play on my BDP300 until I flashed it with the latest firmware and then it played fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, after reading all your useful and friendly comments, I decided to take the plunge and try updating the firmware for my Sony BDP 350 player.

I had to take it upstairs and attach it to the network router using a spare LCD TV Screen attached via a HDMI cable.

After half an hour flapping on with the ethernet cables trying this and that, eventually managed to connect it right, and Hey Presto!!!! it started to download an update.

Took about an hour and a quarter altogether, and that includes putting it together, then dismantling it all.

I then tried the player downstairs back on the home cinema system and played SkynetTerminator 2 Blu-Ray version and it played fine.

Now, this is all very well for enthusiasts like me doing this, but I wonder how many people out there really want to flap on with this sort of thing when all they really want to do is put in the disc into the machine and play it.

The way technology is going, we are all going to have to have degrees in computer engineering in order to understand how these machines operate.

Are the manufacturers aware of this? I sometimes wonder.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I have the Skynet Ed. BD and it works on my Panny player, takes a while to load mind.