Motorway Cops

pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it an BBC editorial decision to feature so many foreign crims or are our roads really that full of pissed Polish van drivers and gangs of Romanian cable thieves ?

Anyway, depressing viewing, apart from the news that 6 cable thieves were fatally electocuted in the past few years.

Comments

• steviexsteviex Posts: 132,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it an BBC editorial decision to feature so many foreign crims or are our roads really that full of pissed Polish van drivers and gangs of Romanian cable thieves ?

Anyway, depressing viewing, apart from the news that 6 cable thieves were fatally electocuted in the past few years.

Yes.

Better get used to it because once the Bulgarians and yet more Romanians, oh and also the thousands of Moldovans, get here next year it'll only get worse! :mad:
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not just the BBC, plenty of reports on the number of criminals coming from Eastern Europe. The penalties are laughable and many do not even stay to appear in court. It's ridiculous to allow release them knowing that they are unlikely to appear for the court case.

Of course the Left will be saying it is all a right wing conspiracy and they are hard working people being victimised by the police!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    Not just the BBC, plenty of reports on the number of criminals coming from Eastern Europe. The penalties are laughable and many do not even stay to appear in court. It's ridiculous to allow release them knowing that they are unlikely to appear for the court case.

Of course the Left will be saying it is all a right wing conspiracy and they are hard working people being victimised by the police!
    Not the ones they caught last night......but the home grown ones, were as bad.

Did like the two Cops....Jess & Katie.;)
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the latest episode of this "Extreme Measures" and one thing I noticed is how, for once, the criminals got decent sentences for their crimes.

Every one of the announcements at the end was 7 years in prison, 2 years in prison, my jaw dropped as you never normally hear this. I wonder if it's a sign of a change in sentencing, as previously it would have all be suspended sentences or let off with a warning.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Just watched the latest episode of this "Extreme Measures" and one thing I noticed is how, for once, the criminals got decent sentences for their crimes.

Every one of the announcements at the end was 7 years in prison, 2 years in prison, my jaw dropped as you never normally hear this. I wonder if it's a sign of a change in sentencing, as previously it would have all be suspended sentences or let off with a warning.

The farcical £200 for no insurance is a joke, should be at least £2000 or 3 months clink if you dont pay.
  • Geeza BrakeGeeza Brake Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Much to my surprise I did feel a pang of sympathy for the car thief who sped from the cops and hit a barrier at huge speed and broke both his legs, but only for a few seconds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    It is interesting how many Eastern Europeans are featured in these types of shows. I know there are plenty of British criminals but it does seem rather alarming. And it's not as if the police are surprised.

The Polish alcoholic who had wet himself and ran out of petrol on the motorway was driving a van for "British Premium Meats".......... Nice.

At least he proved how hardworking he was. Even after two bottles of wine he was still on the road! That's dedication.......... :rolleyes:

There was one show where a car was pulled over. Eastern European occupants. Car had drugs inside. Boot was full of equipment for cloning ATMs. Voiceover at the end: "No further action was taken"........... Great...........

I'm not tarring all EEs as criminals. But these shows do act as a bit of a reality check
  • Geeza BrakeGeeza Brake Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Groundhog wrote: »
    It is interesting how many Eastern Europeans are featured in these types of shows. I know there are plenty of British criminals but it does seem rather alarming. And it's not as if the police are surprised.

The Polish alcoholic who had wet himself and ran out of petrol on the motorway was driving a van for "British Premium Meats".......... Nice.

At least he proved how hardworking he was. Even after two bottles of wine he was still on the road! That's dedication.......... :rolleyes:

There was one show where a car was pulled over. Eastern European occupants. Car had drugs inside. Boot was full of equipment for cloning ATMs. Voiceover at the end: "No further action was taken"........... Great...........

I'm not tarring all EEs as criminals. But these shows do act as a bit of a reality check

One gets tarred as a racist if it is pointed out that while the majority are hard working and law abiding large numbers of immigrants come to the UK purely to widen their empire of criminality.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One gets tarred as a racist if it is pointed out that while the majority are hard working and law abiding large numbers of immigrants come to the UK purely to widen their empire of criminality.

Like the cases where predominantly Asian gangs were abusing predominantly non-Asian girls. The police and other authorities went to great lengths to avoid admitting it, probably resulting in even more getting abused.

The press are constrained by worries of being accused of racism so often can only hint from names and photographs.
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much to my surprise I did feel a pang of sympathy for the car thief who sped from the cops and hit a barrier at huge speed and broke both his legs, but only for a few seconds.

I had a pang of sympathy for the police officer, when she realised the scum wasn't going to make the bend her face dropped and then there was a fleeting glimpse of "he may not have survived that" as she prepared herself to face the carnage.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump bump bump - anyone watching?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we go - on BBC1 now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chavs in a Quattro - BBC1 now..
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do fat police officers get passed training requirements? That police officer could barely run.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    How do fat police officers get passed training requirements? That police officer could barely run.

They get through training then get fat. Once you have qualified then there are no ongoing fitness requirements or tests.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    They get through training then get fat. Once you have qualified then there are no ongoing fitness requirements or tests.

It's a disgrace. He almost just let the criminals get away because he could chase past a few metres.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    It's a disgrace. He almost just let the criminals get away because he could chase past a few metres.

Plans to introduce fitness tests:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/unfit-police-officers-could-be-sacked-763046

Amazing that this hasn't been a requirement before.
  • applepie2100applepie2100 Posts: 23,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does the attitude and action of some coppers make things ten times worse?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or does the attitude and action of some coppers make things ten times worse?

I was thinking the same. Seen a lot of arrogant arseholes on this show tonight and I don't mean the criminals!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same. Seen a lot of arrogant arseholes on this show tonight and I don't mean the criminals!

It's almost as if some of them are just trying to antagonize things to get a bit of action and it doesn't show them in a good light.
  • mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member

If your talking about the mini bus driver and how the police treated the situation, then yes. I was disgusted by the police attitude. Although the driver of the mini bus should have looked in his left hand mirror, it did not merit the abuse the police gave the driver!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now we have what appeared to be an intimate search carried out in the middle of the street?

Here we go for round two of the attitude.
  • Bradders33Bradders33 Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Was nice to have some eye candy in uniform for a change though, in the shape of that dishy RAF man. Phwoaaar! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    That female copper is lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chaddy wrote: »
    That female copper is lovely.

Indeed she is, just a shame about her partner :rolleyes: