How desperate is Amanda Holden since Alisha joined BGT?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Could not bear the thought of being upstaged by a younger model, she returns to 'her chair' within two weeks of nearly dying in childbirth.

It's not dedication, it's fear that she'll move down the pecking order on Simon Cowell's harem list.

Comments

• sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree i'd have more respect if she at least took a month off.
    all that wearing high heels and short dresses while she was in the late stages of pregnancy i didn't get it.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be the case that they'll both compete for attention. I'm not sure this will happen though, I think they're both too mature for that.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pretty shocked when i looked either yesterday the day before and saw Amanda Holden posing in a blue evening dress and high heels and the caption of her getting her figure back three weeks after nearly dying in childbirth.
    She should have taken it easy before she gave birth and maybe she wouldnt have experienced such a traumatic birth and especially after the stillbirth she had before that.
    It does not give out a good message to other women that you should have regained your figure within three weeks and not look like you had just had a baby.
    These celebs do help to put a lot of pressure on just ordinary women who have just had babies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Disgusting human being with the eyes of a dead cow and the charisma of burnt shit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CPeterson wrote: »
    the charisma of burnt shit.

:D:D:D:D

What a put down.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting human being with the eyes of a dead cow and the charisma of burnt shit.

She's definitely not that.
  • cjay27cjay27 Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for her. She must be so desperate to keep that place on BGT that she's forced herself to be away from her new baby to keep that spot. I will think she'll look back and regret that move, I know I would.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    My GOD this woman irritates me!!! I probably dislike her the most out of every celebrity out there.

I've seen interviews with her and read articles, and she is Simon Cowell/Fame obsessed!
    She is soooooooo desperate, a completley vile talentless tart. She will do anything to get to the top and her obsession with "her chair" on BGT makes me feel sick. I believe she would trample on anyones head to get to the top, I'd love to know what "favours"she did to Simon Cowell to get on that panel!! If she had any dignity she would be off now, looking after her new born baby at home, but no.Anyway, I can't stand her and never will!

Team Alesha!
  • BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    When was the last time she actually acted in anything on TV?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No matter whether some folk will dispute it, she is looking incredibly desperate and overzealous in her efforts to be 'seen'.

The immaculate outfits, the super-coiffeured hair, the publicity shoots......is keeping your face in the headlines really worth this level of effort, above all anything else??

It's almost embarrassing to witness two grown women in Amanda and Alesha, tottering around in sky-scraper heels and mini dresses. They're paid to judge, not compete in a fashion show.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    No matter whether some folk will dispute it, she is looking incredibly desperate and overzealous in her efforts to be 'seen'.

The immaculate outfits, the super-coiffeured hair, the publicity shoots......is keeping your face in the headlines really worth this level of effort, above all anything else??

It's almost embarrassing to witness two grown women in Amanda and Alesha, tottering around in sky-scraper heels and mini dresses. They're paid to judge, not compete in a fashion show.

I felt very sorry for her after the trauma of hollie's birth. But I have changed my mind.She has a 6 year old and a much wanted (apparantly) new baby.Why has she got to push herself to get back into the spotlight? If the birth was as bad as was written about, I can see trouble ahead for her. I had a similar thing as she did except mine was after a hysterectomy. I was not able to do anything very much for abour three months.You need time to heal inside as well as outside. Silly, desperate for fame woman.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any of us should judge how soon a woman should return to work after childbirth, traumatic or not. If Amanda feels ready then we should respect that.
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt BGT supposed to be about the contestants rather than the actual judges dresses, shoes etc....as that is all i hear about.

BGT has peaked imo.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desperation oozes from Amada's every pore, it always has done. She's seen what happened to Dannii and Cheryl on the X Factor and knows that she is in a precarious position herself, but her health should come first. She's nearly died in childbirth for god's sake. For most women that would be a wake up call to take it easy and spend more time with their families, but not Amanda who's whole being and existence seems to be based around her desire for fame and adulation.

She'll never be able to compete with Alesha Dixon in terms of looks and style anyway, so she needs to give it up already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I was really narked off with the press talking about how 'brave' Holden was for coming back just days after giving birth. If you've had a traumatic time during childbirth (as this woman claims to have done) surely you would take a bit of time off, try to bond with your baby and look after yourself? The fact that she hasn't perfectly illustrates how desperate this woman is for fame & all the shit that comes with it.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks for the chuckle :D
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be extremly desperate if she feels being a celeb and having fame is more important than her health and her children
  • SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be relishing my every second with my new baby, why is she so desperate to get back to work? Especially after losing her last baby, you'd think she'd quit altogether for a while! Crazy lady.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really think any of us can decide whether or not she's medically fit to be back at work.

The BGT auditions involved 5 days work (afternoon and evening) out of 9 between the 11th and the 19th - none of it requiring physical activity. She now has around 3 months off.

She probably realises that without the pregnancy, she'd not have the job anymore anyway and would rather not make it even easier for her to be ditched. BGT is a great job for raising kids - very little work, big pay packet. Makes sense to try and hold onto it.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjay27 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for her. She must be so desperate to keep that place on BGT that she's forced herself to be away from her new baby to keep that spot. I will think she'll look back and regret that move, I know I would.
    Unlike most parents, Amanda will be able to bring her baby to work. The only time she will be away from the baby is the hours when she's sitting in the judging chair, which is only a few hours a day.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the woman who went on Blind Date to try get a man and some TV exposure..

who then married Les Dennis and stayed in a "loveless marriage" with him...

who then cheated on him with Neil Morrissey, the self confessed personal mess and care home kind when it looked like he might be trying to forge a film career...

who has appeared a troll queen and starred in one of the worst BBC sitcoms to ever hit the screen...

who acts as if judging variety acts is a serious and consequential role in society in all her press...

who sells every moment and story of her life to TV shows, magazines and celeb gossip sites, no matter how privately others would consider such matters...

and then rushes back from a traumatic birth when a younger, prettier woman joins the show...

only now do you consider her actions desperate?

Really?

Can I ask, have you been frozen in carbonite for the last 15 years? Because most of us saw this a long while ago.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although it pains me to say it, Alesha has more talent in her little finger than any Mandy has to offer.

Another fine example of it's not what you know, but who you know.

The post above, has it absolutely nailed on for me too.
  • Jeanie GoldJeanie Gold Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »

who then cheated on him with Neil Morrissey, the self confessed personal mess and care home kind when it looked like he might be trying to forge a film career...

who has appeared a troll queen and starred in one of the worst BBC sitcoms to ever hit the screen...

who acts as if judging variety acts is a serious and consequential role in society in all her press...

who sells every moment and story of her life to TV shows, magazines and celeb gossip sites, no matter how privately others would consider such matters...

and then rushes back from a traumatic birth when a younger, prettier woman joins the show...

Really?

Can I ask, have you been frozen in carbonite for the last 15 years? Because most of us saw this a long while ago.

I quite liked Big Top. :o
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?

You have forgotten that sunday evening programme based in africa about a vet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really?

Agree with all this, I saw this all coming when she married poor Les (who IMHO has had a very lucky escape).
    I cannot understand the women, who nearly died when giving birth, would now be wanting to spend time at home with her newborn child and family. I just wonder what her family think