World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXI (Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwm101 wrote: »
    Err, you hit the nail on the head. He acts disgusted first. Which is exactly what Booker fails to do.

"Booker needs to stop putting the heels over"

My point is that Regal was good at that.

Night all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Booker needs to stop putting the heels over"

My point is that Regal was good at that.

Night all.

Selective quoting, you'd make a good lawyer. I went on to add that he needs to act disgusted, which in turn would put over a despicable heel.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good PPV a nice win for Super Cena! :):):)

In fairness no other ending made sense, given it's Wrestlemania next.

The ambulance match was apparently first done by Russo in WCW circa 2000. I'd assume he'd be proud of this.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6.5 out of 10 good ppv
  • DBSpurDBSpur Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Lack of anything even trying to be an in-story explanation for having that match on last was a disappointment. Maybe it could have been done - Laurinitis knows he's on his way out so he plots to have Cena taken out to wreck Wrestlemania, or something. I know that's no good, but that's because really the match should never have been on last. I'll buy that Rock/Cena is the main event just because it's The Rock and Cena, but not Cena vs Kane just because it's Cena.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DBSpur wrote: »
    Lack of anything even trying to be an in-story explanation for having that match on last was a disappointment. Maybe it could have been done - Laurinitis knows he's on his way out so he plots to have Cena taken out to wreck Wrestlemania, or something. I know that's no good, but that's because really the match should never have been on last. I'll buy that Rock/Cena is the main event just because it's The Rock and Cena, but not Cena vs Kane just because it's Cena.

I agree. That match would have been perfect as the semi main-event, with either chamber match to close the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Cena has to look strong going to Mania, but good grief PUT OVER THAT YOU ARE FIGHTING A MONSTER!!

He puts him in the ambulance and runs back to the ring fresh as a daisy....all he had to do was collapse beside the ambulance, get up and hobble back to the ring - then he could point to the mania sign, little hold of the back (selling the table spot), and he can still do his "cant see me" - instead its super cena...

He should really watch tapes of Austin or Bret - absolute masters of putting over guys and making it seem like they were in wars. Even Hogan did it, even after he hulked up and stuff he would be puffing (he probably was shattered) and would hold the back etc before his poses.

Other than that, good PPV.

Bet if I said a year ago that the final 2 in the Smackdown Chamber would be World Champion Daniel Bryan and Santino Marella I'd have been carted away with men in white coats! If I added in that the crowd was more into it than anything else bar Cena Sucks/Lets go Cena, you would just have hounded me off the board!

I loved the Santino V Bryan match up - most of all its put over how good D Bryan is - we all perceive him as so far above Marella in a wrestling capacity now, it means the slight hope of Marella winning had us on the edge of our seat. Santino's pops are amazing just now, just shows what funny walks and a bit of crowd interaction can do - he's got more personality than about 20 other mid carders put together!

So it looks like Mania will be:

HHH V Taker
    Cena V Rock
    Jericho V Punk
    Sheamus V Bryan
    Long + 3/4 Faces V Laurinitus + 3/4 Heels?
    Beth V Kharma
    MITB?

Looks not bad at all so far!
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very weak ending to a decent PPV, that Ambulance match should never have ended the show

Is it too much to ask for Cena to actually sell something instead of just smiling like a douche

At least sell you were put through a table a few short minutes ago, John

That aside, enjoyable Chamber matches and dare I say it a good divas match for a change

And it is very refreshing to see someone other than Yelly, Eve or the Bellas in the title picture

The "comedy" skits were a bit pointless as we all knew Santino was not going to win, and less said about this continuing Nattie farting "joke" the better

She deserves much better than this
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The match positioning was bad...here's what they should have done:

Smackdown Elimination Chamber
    Backstage segment
    Divas match
    Backstage segment
    John L, Alberto, Henry, Christian, Otunga segment
    John Cena promo video
    Kane vs Cena
    Backstage segment
    Swagger vs Gabriel
    Raw Elimination Chamber
    Jericho staring Punk out as he celebrates in the ring to end the show.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

HHH V Taker
    Cena V Rock
    Jericho V Punk
    Sheamus V Bryan v Orton
    Beth V Kharma
    MITB?

Fixed for what is bound to happen.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god
    CM Punk and Chris Brown have a Twitter fight!

Yes, you read that right! WWE Champion CM Punk and Chris Brown (the singer) have gotten into a little argument on Twitter!

Chris Brown tweeted:

@CMpunk needs more followers. He’s such a leader! Not to mention the roids hes on has made it utterly impossible for him pleasure a women.

CM Punk replied:

I would like @chrisbrown fight somebody that can defend themselves. Me curb stomping that turd would be a #wrestlemania moment.

Chris Brown followed that up with:

Positivity regardless of how u feel! @CMpunk contact my assistant and I’ll have em send u an autographed pic for my biggest FAN!!!

Go Punk!
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very predictable PPV. Both world champions retain, CENAWINSLOL. That being said I really did enjoy both chamber matches. Ziggler, Cody Rhodes and Kofi Kingston really shone imo!
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if CM Punk vs Jericho becomes a triple threat match with the Miz at wrestlemana
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent/good ppv. Only bad bit for me was the start of the Smackdown chamber but that soon picked up when show was eliminated.

The positioning of the matches was messed up, Cena vs Kane shouldn't have closed the show, at least i got to go to sleep slightly earlier.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Cena has to look strong going to Mania, but good grief PUT OVER THAT YOU ARE FIGHTING A MONSTER!!

HHH V Taker
    Cena V Rock
    Jericho V Punk
    Sheamus V Bryan
    Beth V Kharma
    MITB?

You're forgetting Big Show vs Shaquille O'Neal. That one will be a war for the ages! ;)
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    The first chamber match was a great match with some smart booking. Kofi and Ziggler looked impressive, and man was Miz intense in his performance. Obviously he had something to prove to management. Nice way to start a PPV with perhaps the most popular babyface in wrestling overcoming the odds.

The second chamber match was a game of two halves. The first five to ten minutes was pretty bland, coming more to life when Rhodes enterted the equation. Picked up further when the ultra over Santino came in, then thankfully Khali's input was kept very short. Then Bryan got invovled and we got some excellent bumps, and brutal exchanges between him and Barrett. Likeable underdog trying to win always works.

The divas match was a solid bout, a world away from botchmania when Kelly and Eve come to PPV. Segment with Johnny Ace and numerous heel returns was a hoot. Cena with the FCW talent was good too.

US title match was a nothing match. They could have put on a good match if given 10 minutes, but everything had to be rushed.

Main event reminded me of any late 90's Steve Austin PPV match - gimmicky, lots of aisle/arena brawling and the babyface VERY protected. What let it down was Cena's piss poor punches, that they can't deliver on stuff like this in the PG/Mattel/Linda ambitions era and because of risk of injury to JC.
  • stephenwukstephenwuk Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Overall a good ppv. WWE put out a good ppv Better than their rivals TNA. One good thing WWE is always shown live Raw Supershow tonight and Super Smackdown tomorrow night 4 hours of raw and smackdown talent. Can TNA beat this I dont think so. There is not even any live TNA ppvs shown Live in the UK which is pretty poor. Sheamus has more chance is becoming World Heavyweight Champion than this happening. Kofi Kingston & Mason Ryan vs Primo & Epico at Wrestlemainia would be good to see They did do a house show where Kingson and Ryan were tag team partners.Or Mick Foley & Santino Marella Coba and socko in some kind of match. I guess Cody Rhodes could face his brother defending the Intercontinental title at Wrestlemainia Will we see him as Dustin Runnels or Goldust?
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mediocre PPV. Average matches, disappointing lack of major spots, predictable outcomes, and the Laurinitis announcement was about as earth-shattering as one of Natalya's farts.

6/10
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get a chance to watch the EC PPV last night, so I'm going to watch it now. I plan on watching the two EC matches and the segment with Christian. Anything else you would recommend?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The farting gimmick that Nattie Neidhart has been lumbered with is absolutely disrespectful and disgusting. As a Hart family member she should be treated with more respect. Things like that are the reason people stop watching and I fail to understand how anybody can find entertainment from such things.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The farting gimmick that Nattie Neidhart has been lumbered with is absolutely disrespectful and disgusting. As a Hart family member she should be treated with more respect. Things like that are the reason people stop watching and I fail to understand how anybody can find entertainment from such things.

Just a perfect example of the disdain WWE treats their women wrestlers with.

I think one thing everyone can agree on is that TNA have a vastly superior female division which is taken much more seriously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    I didn't get a chance to watch the EC PPV last night, so I'm going to watch it now. I plan on watching the two EC matches and the segment with Christian. Anything else you would recommend?

I'd honestly watch the diva's match, it's two people who knew how to wrestle trying to prove a point and they did, they out wrestled Kane and Cena to what I think was more entertaining considering it was about 8 mins tops, shame about the quick finish though.
  • ThePhotographerThePhotographer Posts: 3,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading some news about the Undertaker on some websites. Intriguing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading some news about the Undertaker on some websites. Intriguing.

Most people would normally follow that up with a link...
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people would normally follow that up with a link...

All I've read is he may come out in a long robe with a hood and reveal his bald head rather than his long leather jacket and cowboy hat.
This discussion has been closed.