What does the BBC see in Alex Jones?

Comments

• ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    She's hot. What else do you need to be a presenter these days?
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shes the kind of girl which us normal people think we might have a chance with
    Possibly have a very valid point there actually!

I like her style of presentation a lot. She has a cracking figure...but doesn't 'play up' to it. She has this slightly 'dippy' nature which I find very appealing because I don't want 'polished perfection' for a TV show like TOS.

As this posters comment said, lots of ordinary normal blokes like her because her personality makes you feel she is 'obtainable'. I imagine that if any men were lucky enough to meet her 'off camera' she would be totally approachable and like most of us..........normal! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the woman. She comes across as cold and fails to engage with guests on whatever shows she's hosting. No sense of humour at all, did you see her inability to laugh along with Ade Edmondson and Paul Whitehouse last week? It was embarassing to see her completely fail to join in with any of the banter. I feel sorry for Chris Evans having to work with that every weekday.

As others have said, she clearly struggles to relax on a live show. I can't understand why the BBC gives her airtime, she's a very poor presenter. Accent and looks are irrelevant as fair as I'm concerned. She simply isn't up to the job. The fact that she's given more and more airtime makes it worse. Let ITV take her so I don't have to watch her any more and replace her with that nice lass who does the business news on Breakfast instead.
    Forum Member
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    Possibly have a very valid point there actually!

I like her style of presentation a lot. She has a cracking figure...but doesn't 'play up' to it. She has this slightly 'dippy' nature which I find very appealing because I don't want 'polished perfection' for a TV show like TOS.

As this posters comment said, lots of ordinary normal blokes like her because her personality makes you feel she is 'obtainable'. I imagine that if any men were lucky enough to meet her 'off camera' she would be totally approachable and like most of us..........normal! :D

Dippy yes, because she's genuinely thick. She's lost in a grown-ups world and it shows every time she's on TV (which is often, despite my best efforts to avoid her).
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    She's hot. What else do you need to be a presenter these days?

if that's all you want from a presenter, why not just dribble over Babestation instead? Or stare at tits on the internet? Clearly your standards are low.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if that's all you want from a presenter, why not just dribble over Babestation instead? Or stare at tits on the internet? Clearly your standards are low.

Look, it's accepted BBC has fired or asked for older female staff to take less prominent jobs or leave the company.

It's accepted Claudia Winkleman, Jennie Falconer and Alex Jones are not exactly fountains of information, wit or professionalism but get top presenting jobs that should go to more informed and professional types.

Bottom line is for a long time now it has not mattered if you are good at your job as long as you are more attractive than your colleagues. It's why Fiona Bruce, kate Silverton, Susannah Reid and Emily Maitlis have top gigs and Moira Stuart and Kirsty Lang are stuck on radio, they are too old and unattractive for prime time or morning TV these days.

So Alex Jones might not be able to deal with Jeremy Irons on The One Show without getting bitchy and still stumble over her autocue lines from time to time but the fact is she does what she is told, is cheaper than Bleakley but a cup size bigger and is pretty enough people don't care she's a vacant cypher with the maturity of a baby because she had big tits, looks pretty and will do virtually anything the BBC ask her to.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    mklass wrote: »
    Lol... i think he was talking about Alex, not Christine SteelEdge.....:D:D

Lol, they're so alike I get confused with them. Oops! :o:D
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's fine until she has to go off the autocue and then she's in trouble.Nor is she strong enough to prevent Chris Evans dominating the Friday show, he'd be better with a different partner, perhaps Emily Maitlis or Sophie Raworth.
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I love Alex.
  • Barneygumble84Barneygumble84 Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    She was the person who most looks like Christine Bleakley on their books.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    I love Alex.

I feel sorry for you.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Look, it's accepted BBC has fired or asked for older female staff to take less prominent jobs or leave the company.

It's accepted Claudia Winkleman, Jennie Falconer and Alex Jones are not exactly fountains of information, wit or professionalism but get top presenting jobs that should go to more informed and professional types.

Bottom line is for a long time now it has not mattered if you are good at your job as long as you are more attractive than your colleagues. It's why Fiona Bruce, kate Silverton, Susannah Reid and Emily Maitlis have top gigs and Moira Stuart and Kirsty Lang are stuck on radio, they are too old and unattractive for prime time or morning TV these days.

So Alex Jones might not be able to deal with Jeremy Irons on The One Show without getting bitchy and still stumble over her autocue lines from time to time but the fact is she does what she is told, is cheaper than Bleakley but a cup size bigger and is pretty enough people don't care she's a vacant cypher with the maturity of a baby because she had big tits, looks pretty and will do virtually anything the BBC ask her to.

Quite ironic that someone should criticise the BBC for being ageist and sexist then presumes that any attractive woman must be thick. As others have commented, it is very distasteful to throw accusations like that around when I am sure they have never met her or the others named but this is Digital Spy and it seems expected here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Quite ironic that someone should criticise the BBC for being ageist and sexist then presumes that any attractive woman must be thick. As others have commented, it is very distasteful to throw accusations like that around when I am sure they have never met her or the others named but this is Digital Spy and it seems expected here.

Considering she basically got mad at Jeremy Irons for using big words and then even madder when he basically said he was there to promote his work, not dumb down his behaviour, I do not take that as a sign of maturity or professionalism. I view it as petulant and immature as well as discourteous and unappreciative of the company she was in at the time.

Any attractive woman is thick?

Please point out where I said that.

Or you know, don't because I didn't. I've even said before the blonde who does the features on European and period cinema, Antonia, should replace Winkleman because she is better suited for the job and clearly more informed on the matter of cinema altogether.

And then please consider not trying to start arguments over nothing by putting words into people's mouths to suit your own ends to start an argument you want to win based on a false premise supported only by your suppositions rather than actual statements or facts.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course they haven't met the people in question. But Alex Jones gets paid well enough and no doubt she claims she is a professional TV presenter. Any viewer is therefore entitled to form an opinion about her and express it - after all we invite these people into our homes by the very act of switching on TV.Clearly you should express an opinion without being offensive.

PS: it is odd how she tries to look like Christine Bleakley but maybe that's down to the producers.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Of course they haven't met the people in question. But Alex Jones gets paid well enough and no doubt she claims she is a professional TV presenter. Any viewer is therefore entitled to form an opinion about her and express it - after all we invite these people into our homes by the very act of switching on TV.Clearly you should express an opinion without being offensive.

PS: it is odd how she tries to look like Christine Bleakley but maybe that's down to the producers.

People are entitled to say that they do not like a performance or a programme but many of the comments go well beyond that.

I have never seen any evidence that she "tried to look like Christine Bleakley", the similarlity is very superficial and does not go much beyond having similar coloured hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are entitled to say that they do not like a performance or a programme but many of the comments go well beyond that.

I have never seen any evidence that she "tried to look like Christine Bleakley", the similarlity is very superficial and does not go much beyond having similar coloured hair.

They have virtually identical facial features and physiques. In fact I'd argue the only difference that is stark and clear is their hair, Christine is long and dark while Alex had a dyed bob.

Oh, and cheers for seeing sense and backing down on that argument up there. I get tired of pointless ones on here because people dislike my opinion but haven't the ability to argue their own counterpoints without trying to put words in my mouth.
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puppies and Kittens everyone. :)
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think their hair is the main difference between the two. Alex looked really like Christine when she wore a wig on strictly
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    I think their hair is the main difference between the two. Alex looked really like Christine when she wore a wig on strictly

And Alex has bigger jugs
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarkBeales wrote: »
    And Alex has bigger jugs

Well, I don't look at her jugs
  • MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    Well, I don't look at her jugs

You should. They're lovely. :)
  • SydneyHedgehogSydneyHedgehog Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly Im in love with the woman ......... and I work in IT, so Im not some idiot .... just saying ........
  • Trains123Trains123 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    I also do not understand why at least one of the presenters has to be a woman. Honestly, I don't think any man will watch a show such as this to gawk over a woman. Get intelligent people to do the presenting, not airheads.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »

So Gloria Hunniford (aged 71), Angela Rippon (aged 67) and Julia Somerville (aged 64) cannot possibly have a 'top gig on prime time TV'?
    Hmmmm now let me see....I wonder what time Rip Off Britain is on?
    Forum Member
    Honestly Im in love with the woman ......... and I work in IT, so Im not some idiot .... just saying ........

Bwahahahahaha, oh wow suddenly a job in I.T. is a guarantee of intelligence. Believe me, as a project manager in I.T. I've seen plenty of cretins. However, for your particular affiliction, I couldn't say what the cure is :D