How desperate is Amanda Holden since Alisha joined BGT?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must be slipping. Not sure what took her so long. I expected her to turn up for the auditions dragging the afterbirth behind her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must be slipping. Not sure what took her so long. I expected her to turn up for the auditions dragging the afterbirth behind her...

:D:eek:
  • duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't AH's recent baby born four weeks early???

So, in theory, she should be giving birth about now????

So how on earth did she sign up to be on that judging panel right about now then?

How????? :confused:
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's always been a desperate bint with her head firmly up Cowells ass.
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So how on earth did she sign up to be on that judging panel right about now then?

Now that is interesting
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fame before family seems to be her modus operandi.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

PMSL!!!:D
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really went off when when she made that remark about Alesha lasting longer than Kelly Brook because ''Alesha has a brain''. I thought that was really nasty and sparked of jealousy imo (Kelly Brook being very pretty, made a lot of money through modelling etc...)

She comes across as very desperate and bitter.
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh I despise Amanda Holden with a vengeance! Never warmed to the woman in the past but OK I did feel sorry for her having that horrendous miscarriage last year having been through something similar myself, and of course hearing about the high drama surrounding the birth of Hollie Rose recently. However, I think like many others my sympathy for her has gone out of the window.

What I failed to understand was how on earth she could feel mentally and physically ready to go back to work so soon. Even if the baby had been born without complications there is no way I would have been ready to go back. Perhaps she was just so elated to be alive and well that she couldn't wait to go back to work and just get back to normal. Understandable I suppose, but please, give it some time to do some baby bonding?? Then I read some of the earlier posts on here and thought "Yes, of course it's Alesha!!" Amanda's vanity and belief that she is chief lady judge on that show is under threat. She saw off Kelly Brooke without too many problems but it looks like Alesha is here to stay and she won't like that one iota.

It also looks like she has been reading some of the negative comments about her behaviour in the papers because now she is hastily bringing out a statement that after this series of BGT she will be taking time off because family comes first. Well, first after she squeezes herself in to yet another dress that she is too old to wear and tries to out-glam Alesha Dixon!
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    I felt very sorry for her after the trauma of hollie's birth. But I have changed my mind.She has a 6 year old and a much wanted (apparantly) new baby.Why has she got to push herself to get back into the spotlight? If the birth was as bad as was written about, I can see trouble ahead for her. I had a similar thing as she did except mine was after a hysterectomy. I was not able to do anything very much for abour three months.You need time to heal inside as well as outside. Silly, desperate for fame woman.

I have just posted about this and I agree with you entirely. I used to be a midwife and then a health visitor and I honestly think that she is going to have a few issues once she comes back down to earth again. I have met many Mums (none of them celebs though) who think they can do it all and do it too fast after baby is born. They are prime candidates for post natal depression.

Once the furrore and excitement of the show is over everything will probably come back at her big time and she will see what a mistake she has made. I also think she is insecure. She wants people to love her, to be impressed by her and what she has gone through yet look at me and how wonderful I look now. Alesha hasn't nearly died etc etc but unfortunately the whole thing is backfiring. She has been very badly advised.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    I really went off when when she made that remark about Alesha lasting longer than Kelly Brook because ''Alesha has a brain''. I thought that was really nasty and sparked of jealousy imo (Kelly Brook being very pretty, made a lot of money through modelling etc...)

She comes across as very desperate and bitter.

Kelly Brook wasn't a threat in the brains department, but probably a little too pretty for Amanda's liking.

I suspect La Holden was pulling out the pitchforks with Cowell as there is room for only one Queen Bee on the panel.

She is doing little to dispute her reputation as a vain, ruthlessly competitive individual. I suspect she winds men around her little finger whilst shooting daggers at other women.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I felt very sorry for her after the trauma of hollie's birth. But I have changed my mind.She has a 6 year old and a much wanted (apparantly) new baby.Why has she got to push herself to get back into the spotlight? If the birth was as bad as was written about, I can see trouble ahead for her. I had a similar thing as she did except mine was after a hysterectomy. I was not able to do anything very much for abour three months.You need time to heal inside as well as outside. Silly, desperate for fame woman.

I cannot believe that Amanda was as ill as her PR or Management said. How could anyone be near death one minute and then back full time at work, travelling around the UK for auditions etc. She was in ICU TWO DAYS yet by the sound of some of the reports she was half dead!! She needed a blood transfusion after giving birth. Not that unusual.

It is the same with Cheryl Cole and her illness and we had reports of her "dying" in ICU with malaria and then two weeks later on a plane for the USA!!!! I do not think these celebs can get a cold without pure drama!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I have said in previous threads. Lets remember how we all know Ms Holden. Via a marriage to Les Dennis, whom she treated appallingly, but it got her on the Celeb ladder....However, she gets paid very well from Mr Cowell for appearing on BGT, she must have been outraged by Ms Dixons employment onto the panel, although she would never admit it. With only a few more auditions to go she made the choice to come back to work after 2 weeks following a very traumatic birth. Lets face it, all she has to do is sit on her back side and say, 'you are great, I love you, no I dont think you are any good' etc.etc.etc. IShe probably flys in Simons private jet everywhere when needed anyway, It is hardly hard work, I would love the job. She has to be there Alisha may sparkle, although I doubt it.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    So the woman who went on Blind Date to try get a man and some TV exposure..

who then married Les Dennis and stayed in a "loveless marriage" with him...

who then cheated on him with Neil Morrissey, the self confessed personal mess and care home kind when it looked like he might be trying to forge a film career...

who has appeared a troll queen and starred in one of the worst BBC sitcoms to ever hit the screen...

who acts as if judging variety acts is a serious and consequential role in society in all her press...

who sells every moment and story of her life to TV shows, magazines and celeb gossip sites, no matter how privately others would consider such matters...

and then rushes back from a traumatic birth when a younger, prettier woman joins the show...

only now do you consider her actions desperate?

Really?

Can I ask, have you been frozen in carbonite for the last 15 years? Because most of us saw this a long while ago.

:eek:

:o

:D:D:D

The only thing to add is that Alesha is a waste of space too. I don't like either of them.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is now criticising us for criticising her. She feels wonderful and tells her critics to get a life. She was working in Birmingham for three days. Poor Lexi, it was her half term, and where was Hollie?
    She really wants to be a star and sees herself as one on BGT.As another poster wrote. The Baby was due around now. So' why sign up for something knowing she might be in labour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    I think judging a bunch of bints playing the spoons should be an easy job for Amanda, and she should Holden to it.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    There are some very nasty remarks on here, and I'm not at all sure Amanda Holden is as bad as some of you seem to think. Some of the comments are just so unnecessarily unpleasant it says more about the people who posted them than it does about Amanda.
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed her on the front of some these celeb mags covers today whingeing with headlines such as folks slagging her off because she has gone back to work too soon and another headline that says she's sick of people slagging her off. She should stay at home and look after her new born baby and her little girl instead of posing away for celeb mags and boasting how she got her figure back. To me she comes over as being more concerned that the public see how she has regained her figure in such a short time after being near at deaths door only three weeks ago.
    As for BGT. Well its going the same way with me as Dancing on Ice went. I said i wasn't going to watch DOI and I have not gone back on my word because I am so sick of these kind of shows. And the thought of another BGT no thanks and no thanks in advance i won't be watching the X Factor again either because it drove me mad with boredom last year.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is now criticising us for criticising her. She feels wonderful and tells her critics to get a life. She was working in Birmingham for three days. Poor Lexi, it was her half term, and where was Hollie?

Hollie was there with her. IIRC, Holly Willoughby did the same when she returned to Xtra Factor very soon after her first pregnancy.

As for half term, lots of parents have to work. Holden is fortunate that it's pretty much all she has to do - a few days in January and February then a week in May and that's her for the year with hundreds of thousands in her pocket.
    She really wants to be a star and sees herself as one on BGT.As another poster wrote. The Baby was due around now. So' why sign up for something knowing she might be in labour?

She knew that even if she was early, she'd be able to go on leave and miss a few dates. But if she pulled out altogether, she might never have got back in.

I suspect that had she not been pregnant, she'd not have been asked back again.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    Hollie was there with her. IIRC, Holly Willoughby did the same when she returned to Xtra Factor very soon after her first pregnancy.

As for half term, lots of parents have to work. Holden is fortunate that it's pretty much all she has to do - a few days in January and February then a week in May and that's her for the year with hundreds of thousands in her pocket.

She knew that even if she was early, she'd be able to go on leave and miss a few dates. But if she pulled out altogether, she might never have got back in.

I suspect that had she not been pregnant, she'd not have been asked back again.

Oh she would, she is very pushy and lets face it BGT is the only career she has got. She wanted this baby very much (i gather).Wouldn't you think the baby would come first. I think she might regret this stupid decision that after a near death experience, she rushed back to work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I dont get why shes a judge since she has no talent of which to speak
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    I was pretty shocked when i looked either yesterday the day before and saw Amanda Holden posing in a blue evening dress and high heels and the caption of her getting her figure back three weeks after nearly dying in childbirth.
    She should have taken it easy before she gave birth and maybe she wouldnt have experienced such a traumatic birth and especially after the stillbirth she had before that.
    It does not give out a good message to other women that you should have regained your figure within three weeks and not look like you had just had a baby.
    These celebs do help to put a lot of pressure on just ordinary women who have just had babies.

way to go blaming Amanda for the problems she had having a still birth and her problems giving birth this time

why not make the poor woman feel worse for having something so dreadful happen to her

We dont know why she had a still birth but it most certainly wasn't from wearing high heels or going back to work too soon

It is reported that she went back to work with the agreement of her doctors and has taken the baby with her a lot of the time. Her job is hardly physically or mentally demanding and I doubt the hours are very long

I thought sh was very clever wearing that blue dress which was cut to disguise a flabby tummy and I have no doubt she is wearing support pants under it

I thiink she is actually sending a great message out to other mothers that you can look fabulous after childbirth and whist pregnant BUT she has the money and supprt to do so .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    I noticed her on the front of some these celeb mags covers today whingeing with headlines such as folks slagging her off because she has gone back to work too soon and another headline that says she's sick of people slagging her off. She should stay at home and look after her new born baby and her little girl instead of posing away for celeb mags and boasting how she got her figure back. To me she comes over as being more concerned that the public see how she has regained her figure in such a short time after being near at deaths door only three weeks ago.
    As for BGT. Well its going the same way with me as Dancing on Ice went. I said i wasn't going to watch DOI and I have not gone back on my word because I am so sick of these kind of shows. And the thought of another BGT no thanks and no thanks in advance i won't be watching the X Factor again either because it drove me mad with boredom last year.

Newflash we are not living in the 1950s anymore and women go out to work !

if you dont want to watch the shows any more why post about them?
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shefair wrote: »

I thiink she is actually sending a great message out to other mothers that you can look fabulous after childbirth and whist pregnant BUT she has the money and supprt to do so .

But why should a new mother feel pressurised to 'look fabulous'? Is having a healthy new baby not enough? Why should someone look fab 3 weeks after giving birth? Admittedly, I don't have children, but I know if I did, they would be my first priority, not 'looking fabulous'
  • euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so glad that I'm not the only one who has this opinion of Amanda Holden. I felt guilty for feeling the way I do, because she has had it tough, but surely your family is more important? And she has the financial security to take time off work, and come back when she's physically and mentally capable of it?