Celebrity MasterChef 2014

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Greg's still wearing his 'honestly, this is great at hiding my paunch' jumper.

Other half complaining that there are too many ex-EE stars on this year. I had to point out that it wasn't actually Keith Miller but Charley Boorman (easy mistake to make, though). Our son laughed for about ten minutes at the 'Adventurer' job title.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad Kiki left. I wanted to see her confidence grow, as she said she was scared to veer away from recipes.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Three are in the acting profession I think (Christopher Biggins, Jason Connery and the other woman - sorry, forgot her name). Charlie Boorman does travel programmes and is lucky enough to get paid for motor-cycling all around the world as far as I know (I have never watched any of his series).

Four. Charley is a former child actor and still works as an actor.

Probably best known for appearing in most of his father's films including Excalibur (as younger Mordred), The Emerald Forest (the kidnapped son), Deliverance (young son of Ed (Jon Voight)) and Hope and Glory (the German pilot who got shot down).
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,068
    Forum Member
    Oh it's on tonight? Heads to iPlayer...

Schedules are ruining my life :(

Same here Andy! We went to watch motocross without realising Masterchef was on so didn't record it. :(
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as harsh as dismissing women just because they are not young and pretty.

Absolutely !!!!

Thought it was close between Tina and Kiki but, to then suggest it should be decided on looks, is obscene.

A more reasonable deciding factor would be :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rFWZCEYxyU&feature=youtube_gdata - Video Tube for YouTube - Android
  • Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pac_girl wrote: »
    Jason - son of James Bond aka Sean Connery, was a fitty in the 80's
    Tina - Corrie and Holby City actress (who is ageing really well)
    Biggins - panto, 80's celeb type person
    Kiki - sang the greatest karaoke hit ever with Elton John, Don't go breaking my heart
    Charlie - best mates with Ewan Mcgregor and did all the long way down, long way round motorbike rides (which are well worth a watch whatever age)

Charlie also acted a bit in his yoof, with roles in some of his father's films.
  • Nattie01Nattie01 Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    OMG I remember that program, and I can even see him in his khaki short and helmet now you say it... That is so scary...:o

Wasn't his catchphrase "Safari so goody"? And wasn't Gillian Taylforth (pre-Enders) his hostess with the mostess?
  • Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    That 'do do' dish looks tasty....

Not sure I could eat something called 'do do' ! :)
  • Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Scott_P wrote: »
    Asian chef guy from the restaurant was a massive massive **** "I'm a chef, not a boss!"

Deserves a punch in the balls

I completely agree-thoroughly obnoxious!
  • EmmsEmms Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pac_girl wrote: »
    so looking forward to the mass catering and chatting with ye folks next time

and the new robin not original robin (Jason for the youngsters was NOT the original Robin) is all on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUJFReOqB4) enjoy x

Not sure if I should admit to already owning the DVD boxsets :blush:

I was a bit stunned when I realised who Jason was last night, but I think he looks more like his Dad now. Still rather gorgeous IMO.

I liked all this weeks contestants, I usually find Biggins a bit irritating, but he seems to have calmed down for this. The remaining four all seem pretty level, but I guess that will change as tonight's episode pans out. I thought Alex was a sure thing last week, and look how that turned out :o
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to tonight's skills test.

Whipped up some grub for myself and parents. Bought some Steak and Red Onion burgers and served them with home-made oven chips, peas and a peppercorn sauce.

Nom nom nom.

Gordon Ramsay's quick and simple oven chip recipe is superb:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2515/chunky-oven-chips
  • sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all.
    Mrs. Sausage works with a professor at the RCM so we are looking forward to the mass catering task tonight. She will be playing spot-the-student.
  • horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all ...

No wonder BBC3 is being shut down...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a bit of a sarky tweet from Shrek this morning, after I offered a whip round to buy him a new jumper
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings highlanders!

I wonder if shrek will be wearing his fav jumper again? :D
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, Shrek isn't wearing his favourite jumper tonight...shock horror!!!!!!!!!
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening...I love a meaty sausage!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    typing one handed, as my other is being used for loom band making
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise the white pudding was actually a sausage - we had that while in scotland with a fry up once...mmmm scrummy!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sausage 3 ways ..... Sausage and beans on toast (deconstructed) - happy masterchef memories
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a bit of a sarky tweet from Shrek this morning, after I offered a whip round to buy him a new jumper

:D:D maybe you touched a nerve :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh just learnt something new - shall definately be using the vinegar when I cook onions next... :D
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cantimagine those sausages are properly cooked!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

:D Did you call him Shrek? Maybe that's the reason.