I don't get all the Christopher love?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What exactly has he done this year?
He's been a non HM for me.
Seriously, I understand everyone has their favourites but Christopher.....? ...... Really?
What has he done to warrant winners status?

Comments

• Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be a pleasant human amongst a load of nasty imbeciles.
  • CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This!

I also like little Chris, but I can't respect him because he crumples at the first sign of trouble. Christopher sticks to what he believes.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I like the fact that he appears to see good in almost everyone. I like the way he has weathered the storms when he has been brow beaten and lambasted for no real reason at all. I like the way he has kept his own spirits up and rarely complained about how people have been with him.

He has been the ultimate nunder dog right from the start - the house whipping boy but has carried on being pleasant to everyone because he's basically just a nice character.

I would also like to add that he has at times jumped to the defence of others too when seeing them treated badly.

A deserved winner IMO.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go. Christopher is gaining popularity and is now apparently one of the favourites to win therefore we must immediately have a few anti Christopher threads. We've had the anti Ashleigh ones so now it's his turn. Predictable much? :D
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best of a bad bunch i suppose.
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cythna wrote: »
    This!

I also like little Chris, but I can't respect him because he crumples at the first sign of trouble. Christopher sticks to what he believes.

Exactly.

He rarely has a bad word to say about anyone.
  • JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is inoffensive, not the best housemate and certainly not the worst. He has come across as the true underdog of the series. I don't actually want him to win, but wouldn't be bothered if he did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I like about him is that he tries to remain upbeat and yet doesn't ignore what is going on around him.

He is not nasty and vitriolic and tends to measure his responses well.

He appears to be a really nice person.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other than his huge teeth, I like Christopher sometimes as a person. But for a housemate, he's beyond dull.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    He somehow manages to remain cheerful, doesn't bare a grudge, he is very accepting of others and doesn't judge.
    He is not afraid to offer his own opinions even if it goes against the group - he just comes across as a decent guy who is happy with who he is.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of a bad lot, is your answer.

Slim pickings this year!

He is pleasant :)
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a polite mild manored man who shows immense amount of kindness and strength.

He has had dealt with Helen, Pauline and Toya attacking him but always remained true to himself.

I just think he's really likable and someone I'd like as a friend.

He's my chosen winner.
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cythna wrote: »
    This!

To be fair so does Chris .... he openly admits that he can't deal with confrontation ;-)
  • alimialimi Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheils1 wrote: »
    Best of a bad bunch i suppose.

Same sentiment, best of a woefully bad bunch, especially Stephen and that Kim, total bunch of scutbuckets, and Winston who may be thick or maybe not but is definately a dullard
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alimi wrote: »
    Same sentiment, best of a woefully bad bunch, especially Stephen and that Kim, total bunch of scutbuckets, and Winston who may be thick or maybe not but is definately a dullard
    That's what I dont understand. People call Christopher dull but what exactly has Ash and Winston done that's so entertaining? Even Chris for that matter (who I do like).

Christopher hasn't done anything less than what others have. He throws himself into tasks and gets on with it. He's not afraid to voice his opinion but doesn't need to get aggressive with it. He's likable, has great people skills, and always lends a ear for his friends during difficult times.

IMO he possess all the qualities of a winner. Whether he will be is different question but I'd be more tha happy for him to be.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    He is inoffensive, not the best housemate and certainly not the worst. He has come across as the true underdog of the series. I don't actually want him to win, but wouldn't be bothered if he did.
    This is pretty much how I feel. I have never warmed to him that much - I find him a bit over-eager at times - but I have admired him and his behaviour within the house, most of the time. Like Chris, I imagine he's a lot more interesting outside the house than in it - and I'm not sure I can say that about many of the HMs :D

I certainly wouldn't be annoyed if he won; he's not my chosen winner, but I can certainly see that he would be a deserving one if he did, in the grand scheme of things.
  • SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's awful and has the staccato cadence and inflections of a machine gun. When he gets excited, he is very hard on the ears. He also seems to enjoy being treated like shit just as long as he is being included.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    That's what I dont understand. People call Christopher dull but what exactly has Ash and Winston done that's so entertaining? Even Chris for that matter (who I do like).

Christopher hasn't done anything less than what others have. He throws himself into tasks and gets on with it. He's not afraid to voice his opinion but doesn't need to get aggressive with it. He's likable, has great people skills, and always lends a ear for his friends during difficult times.

IMO he possess all the qualities of a winner. Whether he will be is different question but I'd be more tha happy for him to be.

Ash and Winston are also dull. "Oh he's dull, but so are two other housemates and therefore he should win".

I just want someone who has actually done something to warrant winning, Ashleigh.
  • alimialimi Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know, id be happy to be corrected if Winston has done anything remotely entertaining other than managing to sit on the fence without having to have splinters removed from his ass
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alimi wrote: »
    I know, id be happy to be corrected if Winston has done anything remotely entertaining other than managing to sit on the fence without having to have splinters removed from his ass
    I certainly don't want Winston to win, I am not a fan in any way, but even I know of 2 occasions where he challenged Helen's behaviour - which is 2 more than some of the HMs in there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    I just want someone who has actually done something to warrant winning, Ashleigh.

I like Ashleigh, I do and I'd be more than happy to see her win but IMO she doesn't deserve it anymore or anyless than Christopher.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually BB is won by the nicest person in the show (I did say usually). Christopher is the only nice person in the house, how he has put up with some of the shite that has come his way without hardly raising his voice makes him my winner by the length of the street. All his virtues has been already been listed and I agree with every one of them.
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really get it either I like him and he seems like a nice guy but I can see why the other housemates have found him irritating .
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that he appears to see good in almost everyone. I like the way he has weathered the storms when he has been brow beaten and lambasted for no real reason at all. I like the way he has kept his own spirits up and rarely complained about how people have been with him.

He has been the ultimate nunder dog right from the start - the house whipping boy but has carried on being pleasant to everyone because he's basically just a nice character.

I would also like to add that he has at times jumped to the defence of others too when seeing them treated badly.

A deserved winner IMO.
    lightupvm wrote: »
    Exactly.

He rarely has a bad word to say about anyone.
    Moo_Chops wrote: »
    What I like about him is that he tries to remain upbeat and yet doesn't ignore what is going on around him.

He is not nasty and vitriolic and tends to measure his responses well.

He appears to be a really nice person.
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    He somehow manages to remain cheerful, doesn't bare a grudge, he is very accepting of others and doesn't judge.
    He is not afraid to offer his own opinions even if it goes against the group - he just comes across as a decent guy who is happy with who he is.
    He is a polite mild manored man who shows immense amount of kindness and strength.

He has had dealt with Helen, Pauline and Toya attacking him but always remained true to himself.

I just think he's really likable and someone I'd like as a friend.

He's my chosen winner.

This.....
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Oh here we go the usual 'why is so and so like I don't understand'