Parents cant think up their own names for their Kids

brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/aug/15/the-top-100-baby-names-in-england-and-wales-2013

Parents or young parents can only up names from tv and film especially from kids or teens shows no shame

think up names on your own rather than rely on tv and film to think for you

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats the difference between parents and young parents :confused:
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Think up your own name? No thanks. I like proper names, even if various famous people have the same name.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly anyone thinks up their own name, it's nearly always derived from somewhere.

You think 100 years ago all the boys named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John was a coincidence?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Im quite sure parents are capable of thinking for themselves
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Quite right! I'm sure my kids Flopdegloop, Bamriddestrum, and Cheg will thank me later in their lives for coming up with my own original names.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,888
    Forum Member
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/aug/15/the-top-100-baby-names-in-england-and-wales-2013

Parents or young parents can only up names from tv and film especially from kids or teens shows no shame

think up names on your own rather than rely on tv and film to think for you

Unless you choose a name no-one else has ever used then you are copying someone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    When a young matrimole is in the familode way and expecty an offersproggit all squawk’n’screamit like fingerdrobes down a blackboard, and all eye-rubbit and achey in the legbole, all she needy is nice bed for a fallollopit and snoozy. Too tired to thinky of a namole just to be all checkly-box present’n’correckers for the census.

Just get all two-square on the botty and get namole from a booklode.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    How do these Islamic schools cope when all the boys are called Mohammed? Doesn't it get really confusing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at some usernames here. Would you want a kid with one of those?

Although a kid named "A Zombie" would be a great name.
    Rowdy wrote: »
    When a young matrimole is in the familode way and expecty an offersproggit all squawk’n’screamit like fingerdrobes down a blackboard, and all eye-rubbit and achey in the legbole, all she needy is nice bed for a fallollopit and snoozy. Too tired to thinky of a namole just to be all checkly-box present’n’correckers for the census.

Just get all two-square on the botty and get namole from a booklode.

...and a translation for those of us, that speak English? :D
  • TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people even go so far as to call themselves two different names, eh RickBarby...

Did your old account get terminated or did you just get bored with it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people even go so far as to call themselves two different names, eh RickBarby...

Did your old account get terminated or did you just get bored with it?

You mean like a combination of their parents names? Like Sheldon and Amy = Shamy?
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly Romanian dictator and despot Nicolae Ceaucescu had a brother with the same name. He parents were so drunk when he was born, it was all they could think of.

Now who else gives you information like that?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    :o People are still naming their boys Albert & Stanley?
    Both of the top 100 lists i.e. most kids being born, have quite normal names.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other day there was a thread saying about the name Mohammad becoming one of the most popular names in the UK which they used as proof to say that the Muslims were taking over. Can anyone tell me where in that list of names Mohammed comes now?
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    with posh & becks naming them after where they did the act? bet they're glad they don't visit some towns around the world with rather rude (to us brits) names
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, there's a fine line between creative and weird. My daughter has a unique name, but she's not named after anyone, although there was an inspiration for it. It's hard to come up with completely original names that don't sound like an exotic skin disease.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find weird is when parents give their kids their own christian names. Apparently it`s not enough that male heirs carry the family name on but the parents are so arrogant and conceited that they want them to have the same first names as them as well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    You mean like a combination of their parents names? Like Sheldon and Amy = Shamy?

No - that's 'meshing'.

Brian_higgy (correct me if I'm wrong Brian) is also DS member RickyBarby. I'm if not's him then I'm be mighty surprised but there can't be two people out with the same inability to write a coherent sentence, make countless pointless threads which amount to little more than a link to a current news story or article with a line or two on what they're about with no actual input or opinion, and when they do finally provide an opinion on a subject, it's usually so bizarre and illogical, you wish they hadn't!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - that's 'meshing'.

Brian_higgy (correct me if I'm wrong Brian) is also DS member RickyBarby. I'm if not's him then I'm be mighty surprised but there can't be two people out with the same inability to write a coherent sentence, make countless pointless threads which amount to little more than a link to a current news story or article with a line or two on what they're about with no actual input or opinion, and when they do finally provide an opinion on a subject, it's usually so bizarre and illogical, you wish they hadn't!!

Isn't he Dragonlordz as well?
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    Take a look at some usernames here. Would you want a kid with one of those?

Although a kid named "A Zombie" would be a great name.

...and a translation for those of us, that speak English? :D

I understood it all perfectly! (And enjoyed it immensely.) :D
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Cuddly Romanian dictator and despot Nicolae Ceaucescu had a brother with the same name. He parents were so drunk when he was born, it was all they could think of.

Now who else gives you information like that?

That's one of the best things I've read all week. Take the internet, for you have won.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Hardly anyone thinks up their own name, it's nearly always derived from somewhere.

You think 100 years ago all the boys named Matthew, Mark, Luke and John was a coincidence?

Not to mention that those are still common names now (my name is Mark lol).

The most unique names among people I know are a guy called Kalon, and a woman called Saint (although in that case it's not her birth name, but it is her legal name).
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    What I find weird is when parents give their kids their own christian names. Apparently it`s not enough that male heirs carry the family name on but the parents are so arrogant and conceited that they want them to have the same first names as them as well!

It gets worse in the US when they add "the third" (or whatever) to their kid's name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chocdoc wrote: »
    Isn't he Dragonlordz as well?

Interesting. Some research is in order.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Quite right! I'm sure my kids Flopdegloop, Bamriddestrum, and Cheg will thank me later in their lives for coming up with my own original names.

Darn it! I was planning on calling my (as yet unconceived) daughter Bamriddlestrum. Ho hum, back to the drawing board.:(