Options

Duke Nukem Demo access code emailed today!

TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the title says, my Duke Nukem Demo access code was emailed today for the Xbox 360.

Anyone else get theirs

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not getting one so make sure you let us know how it is if you dont mind ofcourse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when the demo is avaliable for everyone?
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    Anyone know when the demo is avaliable for everyone?

Today I do believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Leeham wrote: »
    Today I do believe.

Are you sure? I thought you had to had an early access code
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member

Yeah, you can only get the demo today if you have an early access code. I imagine that the demo will become available for everyone next week (considering that they keep calling this "Early Access" i wouldn't be surprised if the demo didn't appear for everyone else until after the games release, so possibly next Friday).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok thanks for the info
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems VERY linear. The enemies seem to come from exactly the same point every time! So you could set yourself up to pick them off easily

This might just be the demo, but 12 years in dev and this is the game???

I'll hold off on this I think
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First impressions from a couple of playthroughs.

The graphics are pretty spotty, and the overall framerate seemed to dip quite alot, from a technical standpoint it certainly feels like a game that has been dragged through to this current generation.
    (Not liking the inclusion of the 'two guns at a time' style of gameplay that has been popular since Halo, one of the best things about a game like Duke Nukem is carrying all of the over the top weapons at a time.)

Buuuttt....I'm not buying Forver expecting it to be able to match other FPS in terms of presentation.
    The demo did keep me entertained and I was laughing quite alot whilst playing along. From what I have played it is defintley going to be a game that divides gamers.

I think I am still going to stick with my preorder, simply because although the gameplay wasn't as polished as I would hope, the content kept me entertained and amused.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I read somewhere (apparently unreliable) that Early Access code only got it a day early, my apologies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    This might just be the demo, but 12 years in dev and this is the game???

I think this is where people are going wrong. Just because it's technically been in development for a mammoth 12 years doesn't mean that it's going to be a game that is representative of such a long development time. It was an extremely troubled development, with the game going back to the drawing board numerous times. The game will likely play like something from the late 90s, but with better graphics (although even the graphics are more like something circa 2006).

If you go into this game expecting a game to rival modern FPS games then you will be sorely disappointed, and will probably wonder what all the fuss has been about.