EE: The bitchy and seductive side of Sharon

big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
Forum Member
Been watching some old EE clips from 04/05 lately, and I had forgotten how bitchy Sharon got towards the end of 04 as she grew determined to win Dennis from Zoe... and I LOVE this side of her!

Here's one clip as an example. I know for some people it may come across as lacking in self-respect or desperate; I personally really think she really suits the whole sultry, sophisticated bitchy routine when it comes to getting what she wants.

So, thought I'd just garner some thoughts of what other people think of this side of Sharon, and if viewers would welcome it coming out more in this stint?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god that scene is amazing. Pure soapy entertainment. Sharon was smokin'.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,948
    Forum Member
    she'd do anything to get what she wants and it doesnt matter who gets hurt. even if the other person keeps saying no. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved that scene, knew what it was the moment I clicked on it :D
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Oh god that scene is amazing. Pure soapy entertainment. Sharon was smokin'.

maurice45 wrote: »
    Loved that scene, knew what it was the moment I clicked on it :D

It really is great, I had forgotten how brutally forward she was! Despite her not being the type of 'sexy woman' we are used to these days, I really think she pulls it off effortlessly. She seriously oozes sex appeal when she wants to.
    she'd do anything to get what she wants and it doesnt matter who gets hurt. even if the other person keeps saying no. :(

Indeed.. that's what I love so much about this side of her! :D After all the ups-and-downs of her love life she was determined not to let this one go and she was seriously burned when he didn't come running straight back to her as she thought.... and the results made for some great entertainment! It is a bit surprising though that despite this, the pairing still had a huge following as a pure, true love story!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,266
    Forum Member

She knew Dennis loved her and was only with Zoe just for something to shag. Zoe did the dirty to Dennis too, she slept with his dad so she was hardly innocent herself.
  • AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    She knew Dennis loved her and was only with Zoe just for something to shag. Zoe did the dirty to Dennis too, she slept with his dad so she was hardly innocent herself.

Yeah I mean its not like Sharon ever held a gun to his head. He was always telling Sharon he loved her when he was with Zoe and could not say the same to Zoe. I mean its not like she raped him or had to get him drunk or something. I mean that stuff really is creepy sexual abuse style.
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »

Exactly. It wasn't as straight-forward as her just picking out some man she fancied and getting him no matter what. She loved Dennis and knew he deep down felt the same, and was determined to not let him slip away from her. Although on the surface it was a bit soap-bitchyness, I think it was an interesting and entertaining way to tell the story.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that scene has been taken out of context a bit - being all bitchy and sultry like in that scene didnt come natural to Sharon she wasnt like that at all. The whole Dennis thing had been going on for ages: she loved him and he loved her but he was just too scared of Den to be with Sharon. Zoe was his smokescreen. Sharon endured months of heartbreak and misery watching Dennis and Zoe together and finally snapped and changed tactic hence that bravado.
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Entertaining, but I never believed it of Sharon.

I think people tend to forget how tedious a lot of the 'Shannis' stuff was between 2003 and 2004, it was only from late 04 that they started to have good scenes together but tbh I never bought it. I grew up with Sharon & Grant and found their stormy relationship more interesting to watch.

I'm not a blind Berridge hater but I think the Berridge era is my least favourite period of Sharon they made her weak. Yes she's out to get Dennis here and certainly aint picking no bones about it but I don't believe Sharon would ever be so desperate for a man - if it's meant to be he'll come to her. By the time Sharon left in 1995 she'd learnt some valuable lessons when it came to men and I kind of felt with Dennis they threw all that out of the window.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,266
    Forum Member
    Yes it wasn't something sordid, like Shirley having a one night stand with Kevin even though he was dating Denise.

Sharon loved Dennis and he loved her in return, but Den really did his best to make them both feel guilty about the relationship. It wasn't like Sharon was being a bitch just for the sake of it.
    Forum Member
    I think that scene has been taken out of context a bit - being all bitchy and sultry like in that scene didnt come natural to Sharon she wasnt like that at all. The whole Dennis thing had been going on for ages: she loved him and he loved her but he was just too scared of Den to be with Sharon. Zoe was his smokescreen. Sharon endured months of heartbreak and misery watching Dennis and Zoe together and finally snapped and changed tactic hence that bravado.

Oh yes I do know all of that, to be honest I was just too lazy to go into too much detail in my OP.:o Basically, I just really liked that whole front, I think Letitia really suited it and it was great soap entertainment! :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "She's got my man"

"It's hot in here dontcha think?"

LMAO. :D