Austin turning Gail's story into being about him.

Comments

• SweetAngelxSweetAngelx Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    To be fair Austin said that himself in the diary room that he'd never know what Gail is going through because his will grow back.

Yes agreed. I do believe he genuinely wanted to cheer her up but he knows his reality will never be the same as hers.

I don't think he did it for cynical reasons at all (imo)but although the gesture was considerate it was not amazing.

No one else can make Gail feel better though, that serenity has to come within. I do really feel for her.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh he's noble, isn't he? And he identifies with Team Brit, not Team US. He loves everyone in Team Brit so much that I expect him to walk rather than nominate one or two of them.;-)
  • HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Self serving Austin . That was so all about how he'd be perceived for doing it . It will be a great shield when the Brits get to nominate .I know, I'm cynical , I can't help it .:blush:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Self serving Austin . That was so all about how he'd be perceived for doing it . It will be a great shield when the Brits get to nominate .I know, I'm cynical , I can't help it .:blush:

I don't think it's about cynicism I think it's about whether there was any like or dislike for Austin to start with. I'm a very cynical person but I thought that was genuine.

Whilst I get that his hair will grow back and it isn't the same deal for a man as a woman as some have said, still Gail mentioned if anyone were to shave their head and he said that he would and no one else did :cool: It was about the moment and about providing a gesture. Gail seemed to really appreciate it as well :)
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    aurichie wrote: »
    He's got my vote. That was amazing what he just did. AMAZING.

No, amazing is finding a cure for for cancer.

A man shaving his head is no big deal. Lots of men have shaved heads.
  • Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    He's got my vote. That was amazing what he just did. AMAZING.

That's what he wants, votes, and some people have fallen for it. Did you notice how he turned it into being all about him?
  • tmjtmj Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason why I and a lot of others think this was a calculated ploy to win over the British public, is because everything Austin has done prior to this has also been a calculated ploy to win over the British public..
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love not to be cynical about Austin but unfortunately he's Austin.................oh well........
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed a completely pointless and futile gesture. In what way does Gail benefit from Austin having a bald head?
  • strato222strato222 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tmj wrote: »
    The reason why I and a lot of others think this was a calculated ploy to win over the British public, is because everything Austin has done prior to this has also been a calculated ploy to win over the British public..
    It just so happens that the individuals who irritate him the most are American. How is he supposed to say this without being accused of trying to win over the British public?
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Daniel on BOTS has just said that was a totally caslated thing that Austin did shaving his head.

I agree with him.

:)

Daniel is a sad miserable failure who thought he had the show sown up.need I say more?
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I think Austin was genuinely moved by Gail's story and I believed what he said about her.

But do I think he'd have shaved his head in solidarity if he was at a house party and not in front of a TV audience? Probably not.
  • gkabcgkabc Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail is such a self-pitying git that anyone who shows any solidarity will be seen as a saint in her eyes. The first person who tells her to stop cleaning obsessively and sit down and have a mint will be more of a saint for me. The first person who calls her on her attempt at controlling others through her so-called helpfulness will be a god.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Austin, but I'm surprised James didn't see through it though! When James was busy giving his (I believe heartfelt) - my hero! - speech, Austin's face in the mirror was giving an Oscar winning performance of its own as it tried to force a "sad but noble" look.
  • Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missfrizzy wrote: »
    Don't watch BOTS, but agree with that.

I've given up on BOTS too, but agree also. I think we're going to be hearing an awful lot about the hair martyrdom and courageous buzz cut though.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was just done for airtime, he knew it would get him on the HL show (ditto with Gail in fact).
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbspy
    @bbspy
    Wow - so a day after shaving his head to support Gail, Austin nominated her: "Austin is adamant he wants to vote for Gail" #cbb #cbbaustin

well well well !!
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    bbspy
    @bbspy
    Wow - so a day after shaving his head to support Gail, Austin nominated her: "Austin is adamant he wants to vote for Gail" #cbb #cbbaustin

well well well !!

Well well well indeed. I did a noble 'cough' thing shaving my hair off for you Gail. It wasn't to garner votes I promise you. Now I nominate thee for eviction.

You couldn't make it up could you LOL!

• erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Well well well indeed. I did a noble 'cough' thing shaving my hair off for you Gail. It wasn't to garner votes I promise you. Now I nominate thee for eviction.

You couldn't make it up could you LOL!

Nope :D
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    erin_p wrote: »
    bbspy
    @bbspy

well well well !!

Objectively, maybe she's a bit of a pain to live with, with her moaning and fixation with her baldness, so not sure Austin should be condemned or seen as hypocritical for nominating her, if that's what he's done. The two things are not exclusive - ie. he can like her/feel for her as a person but equally find her dreariness a bit draining in the house. I know I do.

I quite like Austin, obvious gameplayer that he is.
  • ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so hungover last night and it made me a bit teary :D I did, however, turn to my partner and say "I have just been emotionally manipulated by Big Brother" so eh...at least I have that going for me.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Objectively, maybe she's a bit of a pain to live with, with her moaning and fixation with her baldness, so not sure Austin should be condemned or seen as hypocritical for nominating her, if that's what he's done. The two things are not exclusive - ie. he can like her/feel for her as a person but equally find her dreariness a bit draining in the house. I know I do.

I quite like Austin, obvious gameplayer that he is.

To be fair they are all obvious gameplayers:D

Do we know if they nominated privately or were they shown to the UK hms?
    Forum Member
    To be fair they are all obvious gameplayers:D

Do we know if they nominated privately or were they shown to the UK hms?

They are, yellowlabbie, but Austin imo is not hiding it in the least with his very obvious manipulation of both sides, whereas some of the others are more subtle about it.

No idea re noms, I expect we'll see later. :)
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    They are, yellowlabbie, but Austin imo is not hiding it in the least with his very obvious manipulation of both sides, whereas some of the others are more subtle about it.

No idea re noms, I expect we'll see later. :)

I thought he was taking a bit of risk nominating Gail after shaving his hair off for her, what if BB does show them. He's going to look a right idiot if they do.
    Forum Member
    I thought he was taking a bit of risk nominating Gail after shaving his hair off for her, what if BB does show them. He's going to look a right idiot if they do.

Possibly, but maybe not if he comes up with something to justify it. And if anyone can, Austin can. I hope they do show them, for that reason. :D

Sorry, I don't have any investment in any of them so I'm all about the entertainment.