The Possession

potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
Have seen this advertised about 30 times.
It looks creepy - especially the hand in someone's throat :eek:

What do you make of it?

Comments

• TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going to watch it later tonight - I've read a few reviews that say it's very creepy :) hmmm...well Jeffrey Dean Morgan is in it, that's good enough for me. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    There is a dvd out now called Possession..Different film i reckon
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,316
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Yea I did wonder if this is a remake. However all these Exorcist/haunting films are getting a bit tiresome now. However I would love this one to prove me wrong.
  • TremseTremse Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see it on Friday night and found it a bit slow to get going. It didn't help that some guy across the aisle from me and a couple of rows back just laughed at every scene and totally destroyed the atmosphere for the rest of the audience.

It was supposedly based on real events but the behaviour of some of the characters didn't ring true for me. It was a nice build up once it got going but I could see the ending coming a mile off, if you've seen
    No Country for Old Men, then you'll know what I mean.

Overall an enjoyable enough film, the special fx were pretty good though the
    appearance of the Dybbuk could've been better.
    I'd give it 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Am intrigued by it, but will wait until it is out on DVD/Blu Ray to see it. The girl in it(judging by the trailer, anyway) looks just like Linda Blair in The Exorcist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    It was a bit cheesy, cliched and at time unintentionally hilarious, but some parts were creepy and it was a film that will do better on DVD shelfs than at the box office
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Thats another film entirely- 'The Possession' is a lot better than 'Possession'
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pure drivel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty awful ... a lot of it was unintentionally funny! The whole screen was laughing.

Anyone who's seen it will laugh ...

"She's still hungry" *Monster voice*
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    What's the obsession with possession movies thesedays? The Devil Inside, The Rite, The Last Exorcism and the Paranormal Activity series. The theme doesn't fit the audience today, who are more cynical than before.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a horror film i personally didn't find it scary, but i did think it was quite spooky in places. I did like the story but overall though it was quite average, but I thought the actress who played the possessed girl did a pretty good job.
    Tremse wrote: »
    It didn't help that some guy across the aisle from me and a couple of rows back just laughed at every scene and totally destroyed the atmosphere for the rest of the audience.

This is exactly what happened with me when i saw this! :mad: No adults, just a bunch of young immature girls who couldn't stop laughing, even when what was being shown wasn't even funny and meant to be scary but like others have said it could just have been unintentionally funny. Still bloody annoying though, what is it with horror films and little girls who feel they must laugh at everything, it really does ruin the atmosphere of the whole room.
    Forum Member
    i seen a clip for this on dvd tonight..It looks good..showed quite alot of it , but i still wanna see it
  • finklyfinkly Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats another film entirely- 'The Possession' is a lot better than 'Possession'

Depends which Possession you're talking about, because the one with Sam Neill is amazing!
    Forum Member
    finkly wrote: »
    Depends which Possession you're talking about, because the one with Sam Neill is amazing!

there is another Possession with Sarah Michelle Gellar , dunno if thats the same one
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it a little tedious towards the end.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    What's the obsession with possession movies thesedays? The Devil Inside, The Rite, The Last Exorcism and the Paranormal Activity series. The theme doesn't fit the audience today, who are more cynical than before.

I agree with this.

It's even more laughable when they try to pretend that the film is based on 'real' events.

This seems to be a new tag line to make films that are not the frightening seem more scary somehow.