Options

What antivirus ??

2»

Comments

• Options
    s2ks2k Posts: 7,429
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    I have yet to see that, as although I don't really have random people giving me flash drives, purple who use an anti virus at there end too.

I would bet 99% of infections are via the internet, I have cleaned over 100 PC from viruses and they have all been internet infections, often from torrents.
    Well browser security has greatly improved over the years, but many users still have autoplay enabled and run as administrator which means executables can potentially run from the usb device without the user even needing to do anything bar plug it in. Half the time they dont even notice any difference. The PC then becomes a host and spreads the infection to any other USB media plugged into it. You can only imagine the kind of havoc this could play on a shared/public PC with tens/hundreds of people using it.
  • Options
    gazzaboygazzaboy Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    lot to take in there guys but thanks to all. Panda cloud free sounds a good option to me.
  • Options
    user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gazzaboy wrote: »
    lot to take in there guys but thanks to all. Panda cloud free sounds a good option to me.

They just added some new features:

- Anti-exploit technology, which detects and neutralizes malware that exploits zero-day vulnerabilities (Java, Adobe, MS Office..) like Blackhole or Redkit before it infects the PC.
    - Real-time protection for Windows 8 Store apps.
    - UI improvements and bug fixes.
    - Performance improvements.

I have used panda since the beta and it is great :)