Options

Will Shabnam try and find her Daughter

owen10owen10 Posts: 128,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Tonights episode was so upsetting no one should ever lose a child but maybe this will make her think that she has already got child and she might want to see her

Comments

• Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah she does. There's pictures of them together in a magazine I saw. It looks like their bonding with each other.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep I almost feel this was designed to trigger that.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will definitely look for Roya
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there were some on-site photos from her filming with the little girl who plays Jade/Roya so this tragedy will definitely move Shabnam that way, in an attempt to get close to her surviving child.

If the Carters/Briggs' adoption bid is successful, I predict that Shirley will have issues with letting Shabnam access whereas Buster will be more sympathetic as he's a much more agreeable person. Dean probably won't care as he's too busy focusing on Roxy Mitchell.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,335
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she will and it will be nice to see this but.....

I really hope that the still birth storyline isn't swept under the carpet for this. Like, her loss makes her realise she needs to be with Jade and once she has her, the still born baby is forgotten.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Yep I almost feel this was designed to trigger that.

kitkat1971 wrote: »

I really hope that the still birth storyline isn't swept under the carpet for this. Like, her loss makes her realise she needs to be with Jade and once she has her, the still born baby is forgotten.

I agree.
  • Options
    Bunny-GirlBunny-Girl Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene where Shabnam was sitting on the bench talking to her baby asking it to wake up was so sad i had tears in my eyes
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is very upsetting and sad, but Shabnam needs to understand she has a Daughter out there. She should try and be a Mother to the Daughter she already has.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    It was so sad :(
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

Agreed. A still born baby is never forgotten by the parents. I hope EE doesn't just forget about the baby. Maybe next year on the anniversary of the baby's death there should be something done to remind viewers of Shabnam's baby. In real life a still born baby will be remembered for the rest of the parents' lives. Someone close to me had a still born baby and she still talks about her and on the anniversary of her death she still cries and finds it very difficult over 20 years later.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Bianca remember Natasha (her first child with Ricky who died from Spina bifida) at her first anniversary? In her most recent EE stint I don't think Natasha was even mentioned.

Ronnie has spoken of Danielle, but I'm not sure about James, since she was released from prison. Interestingly, Stacey hasn't even spoken about Danielle since she came back full time despite their closeness.
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Soapfan678 wrote: »
    It is very upsetting and sad, but Shabnam needs to understand she has a Daughter out there. She should try and be a Mother to the Daughter she already has.

She doesn't "need" to do anything. She had her reasons to give the baby up and has made it clear she still feels that way. It seems highly likely that losing this baby will make her feel differently and she'll want to be involved with Jade, but that's her choice. There is no "need" or "should" about it.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,335
    Forum Member
    Did Bianca remember Natasha (her first child with Ricky who died from Spina bifida) at her first anniversary? In her most recent EE stint I don't think Natasha was even mentioned.

Ronnie has spoken of Danielle, but I'm not sure about James, since she was released from prison. Interestingly, Stacey hasn't even spoken about Danielle since she came back full time despite their closeness.

I'm sure Natasha was mentioned since her return in 2008 but i can't remember the context.

She came up a few times after her death, maybe not on the actual anniversary but she wasn't forgotten.
  • Options
    Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't need to find her... Dean has her adresss
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The actors playing Shabnam and Jade were spotted filming in August, airs Episode 5159 on 15/10/15
  • Options
    fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously this is a soap but in real life if a child is is in a long term foster placement it's pretty similar to being formally adopted. So social services would take a bit of a dim view of a birth mother who's had nothing to do with the child suddenly wanting to be involved because they'd lost a subsequent baby. They'd seriously be questioning their motivation, and any meetings would only be considered if it's in the best interest of the child, not to comfort a bereaved parent.

I'm not an Easties watcher and Google isn't tell me much, but can anyone give me a brief plot background about this story? Sounds interesting :)
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think there were some on-site photos from her filming with the little girl who plays Jade/Roya so this tragedy will definitely move Shabnam that way, in an attempt to get close to her surviving child.

If the Carters/Briggs' adoption bid is successful, I predict that Shirley will have issues with letting Shabnam access whereas Buster will be more sympathetic as he's a much more agreeable person. Dean probably won't care as he's too busy focusing on Roxy Mitchell.

I don't think Shirley would stop Shabnam seeing her daughter if the adoption bid was successful. Shabnam may even get her back eventually. I would like to see Jade bring Shirley, Buster, Masood and Shabnam closer together. Too many families are pitted against each other. Agree about Dean
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    fayemian wrote: »
    Obviously this is a soap but in real life if a child is is in a long term foster placement it's pretty similar to being formally adopted. So social services would take a bit of a dim view of a birth mother who's had nothing to do with the child suddenly wanting to be involved because they'd lost a subsequent baby. They'd seriously be questioning their motivation, and any meetings would only be considered if it's in the best interest of the child, not to comfort a bereaved parent.
    :)

Great post and very true.