Why wasn't Karen Hardy invited onto the judging panel?

foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She's fantastic and has so much experience and technical knowledge, in comparison to Alesha Dixon!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I've been saying this for ages, love choreography corner, I now fast forward Alesha every week, I'm finding her very patronizing,especially to the female clebs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha was brought in as SCD's Cheryl Cole. It failed.

I would love to see Karen on the panel.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    yeah i seriously hope that next year karen is brought in as a judge !!. i think she would be the best judge.
  • pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vivadiva wrote: »
    Alesha was brought in as SCD's Cheryl Cole. It failed.

I would love to see Karen on the panel.

Karen is too (dance) intelligent and as a previous world champion her technical knowledge too profound and we would miss Alesha saying "your musicality is good and you give it lots of energy"
    Not!
  • mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does everyone assume that she wasn't?

She might have better things to do.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi dlc wrote: »
    Why does everyone assume that she wasn't?

She might have better things to do.....

Indeed didn't she spend half of last series in China judging a proper dance competition.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure Karen could commit to being a judge as she's clearly a busy lady.

She'd get my vote though. I love listening to her talk choreography and technique on ITT. She has a great deal of credibility and respect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxy23 wrote: »
    She's fantastic and has so much experience and technical knowledge, in comparison to Alesha Dixon!

Because she knows what she is talking about. You can't have judges like that :rolleyes:
  • crispihcrispih Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably because she knows what she is talking about - .
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too much competition for Len & she has a proper role judging genuine B&L dancers.

Still glad she is not on the panel. This is an entertainment show first and foremost. Too much proper knowledge of B&L dancing would spoil this image and she is still somewhat positive anyway so no real gain.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'd be great. on the panel but it won't happen because she knows so much about ballroom and Latin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because her IQ is about six times the total of the current four judges added together, never mind her technical knowledge.

Besides, it would only be worthwhile if it was a serious dance show.
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winehouse wrote: »
    Because her IQ is about six times the total of the current four judges added together, never mind her technical knowledge.

Besides, it would only be worthwhile if it was a serious dance show.

Well put :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I really hope that this is AD's last year as judge - it is not doing her any favours:( (IMO) -

I would love to see either Karen, Lilia or Camila as a judge - all three women talented, knowlegable, each has judging experience, each has won SCD so they know how the celeb feels when competing in SCD - for me it would mean that the only female on the panel would be equal to her male colleagues
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    foxy23 wrote: »

Thank you for your contribution. It's amazing that no-one has ever made that comment before on this forum.

Oh, and did you notice that Alesha's grammar is not the Queen's English either?
  • *Wysiwyg**Wysiwyg* Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After last nights performance on ITT she's a dead cert!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    She's not on the judging panel because God loves me. :)
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are probably as many people on this forum who don't like Karen (for whatever reason) and who would complain if she accepted an invitation to be a judge on SCD as do so about Alesha.

Face it, no matter who was on the judging panel, people would complain loudly and vociferously.

It's quite amusing seeing all this villification of Alesha, when I recall the equally numerous and angry responses to Arlene's presence on the show!

It's human nature - we love to complain (although I'm not sure why. I prefer to try to look on the bright side. Life's too short! :))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Face it, no matter who was on the judging panel, people would complain loudly and vociferously.

Of course we would - and do, about Craig, Len and Bruno.

Alesha's just a much bigger target because of her lack of actual dance knowledge and experience when set against the rest of the judges. Hiring Karen or someone like her would at least remove the most obvious reason for dislike levelled at Alesha. And I say this as someone who found Karen deeply irritating during her time on the show.
  • molo flapianmolo flapian Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen wouldn't attract the publicity as she has no singles or jewellery lines to promote and doesn't get her face in the papers enough. Maybe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Karen wouldn't attract the publicity as she has no singles or jewellery lines to promote and doesn't get her face in the papers enough. Maybe.

Given that Karen's comments during this season in Choreography Corner have been profoundly stupid, inane, pointless and / or just plain wrong, I'm not convinced she'd be any better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Karen would have made a good judge, as would Lilia. The BBC had lots of professionals to choose from this year and yet they chose to continue an experiment that had clearly failed. But then when do they listen to anyone? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidJames wrote: »
    Given that Karen's comments during this season in Choreography Corner have been profoundly stupid, inane, pointless and / or just plain wrong, I'm not convinced she'd be any better.

Bashing her before she's even been hired...you'll be telling us she starts every sentence with the wrong grammatical construction next :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Of course Karen should be a judge - its a no brainer.... and I know there have been lots of threads/comments like this before but if we keep saying it at regular intervals ... maybe, just maybe someone will listen at last
  • Funky MangoFunky Mango Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the woman who informed us in Choreography Corner the other night that Ann "kept it pure" in her tango.

Yeah. Signs of great discernment there, Karen.