Options

The teenager hunting wild animals in Africa to try and get a TV show

Comments

• Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I use facebook for keeping in touch with friends. Believe it or not not everyone takes millions of pictures of themselves and plaster them all over the internet.

I haven't made your point for you, though thanks for the attempt at undermining my posts

I think there are several Viz 'Farmer Palmers' on here. :D
  • Options
    dan_blamiresdan_blamires Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These animals are not endangered. No problem here then. I hunt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

get orf moi laaaaaaaaaaand!!!
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

'Im were worryin' moi sheep...
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    This has got so heavy and negative that it's time to lighten things up by watching the video of Snowflake the baby deer meeting Fluffy the kitten.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of us get pleasure from eating animals. She gets pleasure from shooting them. Who are we as meat eaters to judge her? She makes it clear she is not killing endangered species so what is the problem, exactly?

I think the problem is her honesty. How dare she not make a false show of piety.

What is the big difference between an omnivore eating a dead animal for pleasure, and a hunter killing an animal for pleasure?

I ask this every time these threads come up, and all I ever get in reply are insults.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Im were worryin' moi sheep...

i googled that (viz was before my time) and it led me to a thread about dogs worrying sheep.

I went in expecting a laugh about dogs trying it on with sheep but it turns out I had the wrong meaning of 'worrying'.

I am going to special hell :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has got so heavy and negative that it's time to lighten things up by watching the video of Snowflake the baby deer meeting Fluffy the kitten.

D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Options
    dan_blamiresdan_blamires Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I think the problem is her honesty. How dare she not make a false show of piety.

What is the big difference between an omnivore eating a dead animal for pleasure, and a hunter killing an animal for pleasure?

I ask this every time these threads come up, and all I ever get in reply are insults.

I suspect it is a question that some find it difficult to answer.
  • Options
    Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    epicurian wrote: »

The reason you get insults is because most people don't want to change their lifestyle.

Sadly I think it will take at least another 100 years if not more.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

SHOOT IT!

KILL THE FILTHY VERMIN!
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ha ha! Because, of course, nature is exactly like that. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise32 wrote: »
    The reason you get insults is because most people don't want to change their lifestyle.

On this we agree!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i googled that (viz was before my time) and it led me to a thread about dogs worrying sheep.

I went in expecting a laugh about dogs trying it on with sheep but it turns out I had the wrong meaning of 'worrying'.

I am going to special hell :blush:

Viz before your time? Great Scott, I've been reading it since 1985 and it's still going today...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it is like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRFOOLWjhH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_L3kiuX6s

I am under no illusions of the sheer brutality of the lean, mean, green, gene-machine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Last time I tried to explain to someone that I got compared to Hitler. Apparently explaining to an animal rights group why they are flawed in thinking that the natural world is all sunshine and lollipops is equivalent to a genocidal dictator.

Who knew
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I don't agree with hunting. I think an alternative to it should be found in order to prevent extinction.

I don't think the people out hunting are doing it for conservation reasons. They're doing it to brag that they killed a lion or a leopard or whatever hence the pictures being taken

Oh, I'm sure you're right.

In the absence of any miracle alternative, however, we have to come to terms with the unpalatable truth that culling is a legitimate part of conservation as a result of humans dominance over the environment and once you accept that fact, the only remaining dilemma is whether or not it's okay to let stupid people pay obscene amounts of money to impoverished communities for the privilege of doing something that needs doing anyway.

In the grand scheme of things, if the animals need controlling, I don't really have a problem with people handing over huge gobs of money to get it done.

Course, I'm not saying that's the only sort of hunting that happens and when people just jump in a 4x4 and start plugging away at whatever they see out in the wild, there's no excuse for it at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viz before your time? Great Scott, I've been reading it since 1985 and it's still going today...

Yeah, by 'before my time' what i really meant was my boyfriend makes jokes about the fat slags which I do not understand, so i am blaming it on age
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

In the absence of any miracle alternative, however, we have to come to terms with the unpalatable truth that culling is a legitimate part of conservation as a result of humans dominance over the environment and once you accept that fact, the only remaining dilemma is whether or not it's okay to let stupid people pay obscene amounts of money to impoverished communities for the privilege of doing something that needs doing anyway.

In the grand scheme of things, if the animals need controlling, I don't really have a problem with people handing over huge gobs of money to get it done.

Course, I'm not saying that's the only sort of hunting that happens and when people just jump in a 4x4 and start plugging away at whatever they see out in the wild, there's no excuse for it at all.

I agree, sadly it is the only way any large animals at all will be able to survive on on overcrowded planet. :cry:

What I really object to is that repulsive little redneck and her attitude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it is like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRFOOLWjhH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_L3kiuX6s

I am under no illusions of the sheer brutality of the lean, mean, green, gene-machine.

Well, quite. I just hope that vulture and crocodile don't go posting pictures of their feats on facebook...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, quite. I just hope that vulture and crocodile don't go posting pictures of their feats on facebook...

That would not be dumb enough! :D

On my animal intelligence thread I think I have mentioned when animal are taken out of the brutality of the food chain, they can start to relax and show the cognitive abilities that they are capable off but have no time for in the wild.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is not really a question of lifestyle when you factor in that us going vegetarian over night will be damaging to the environment.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

I dont understand why theres such a great need for humans to decide that animals need culling. I will take it that in extreme cases it does need doing so as long as its done as humanely as possible i cant object to it too much.

I just dont see why humans are automatically in the top position when it comes to all this. Why should animals be killed to make room for more humans?

If anything the human race is becoming overpopulated. Would the hunters be willing to become the prey? No they wouldnt.

My objection is to the hunting as a sport mentality. I just dont see why they need to kill a deer, chop off its head and stick it on the wall to get enjoyment.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is not really a question of lifestyle when you factor in that us going vegetarian over night will be damaging to the environment.

Tbf I think you can offset the increase in human flatulence caused my a move towards a Quorn based existence against the decrease in farting cows.

Assume that's what you meant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah, so you actually hate coq au vin and steak pie, you eat animals for their own good.

Makes perfect sense!