New Poll puts Yes to Scottish independence on 54%

HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
Forum Member
Check out @SkyNewsBreak's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/510898834353164289

Admittely one poll but good news for the yes camp.

Comments

• Rick_DavisRick_Davis Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to be a bitter fight,
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Still too close to call. It will be interesting waking up on Friday morning.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,582
    Forum Member
    Now the game is on Prepare for more Armageddon scenarios to be unleashed by BT and the Westminster establishment
  • DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check out @SkyNewsBreak's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/510898834353164289

Admittely one poll but good news for the yes camp.

Yes a poll with a much smaller sample than is usual (700+ versus 1000+).

And as any statistician will tell you the smaller the sample size the greater the risk of error
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Yes a poll with a much smaller sample than is usual (700+ versus 1000+).

And as any statistician will tell you the smaller the sample size the greater the risk of error

Time will tell

Doesnt alter the idea that this poll is noteworthy and worthy of comment:)
  • mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick_Davis wrote: »
    This is going to be a bitter fight,

Yeah, but bitter by who.

Wonder what dirty tricks the three amigo's will try this time.

Wonder what other big business pals they will lean on to come out with more maybe's what ifs and possibles.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about the other 3 polls released today which put No in the lead- one of which by 8 points, and another by 6 points, the other by 2 points? Or are they to be ignored because it's inconvenent? I think it's this poll that needs to be questioned, as it's so different to all the other polls released today- and this week for that matter.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Still too close to call. It will be interesting waking up on Friday morning.

If I wake up on Friday morning and it says "SORRY, STILL STUCK WITH THE SCOTS....*SHRUGS*" on BBC NEWS I'll be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mcg3 wrote: »
    Yeah, but bitter by who.

Wonder what dirty tricks the three amigo's will try this time.

Wonder what other big business pals they will lean on to come out with more maybe's what ifs and possibles.

So it is ok for SNP to roll out Pro Yes business leaders, but its some kind of tinfoil hat conspiracy if others dont agree?
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    What about the other 3 polls released today which put No in the lead- one of which by 8 points, and another by 6 points, the other by 2 points? Or are they to be ignored because it's inconvenent? I think it's this poll that needs to be questioned, as it's so different to all the other polls released today- and this week for that matter.

Of course their not to be ignored-What gave you that idea?:confused:

No supporters or whoever can feel free to start a thread on them if they wish.

I think this poll is noteworthyvas I think its the highestvlrad yes has had ie noteworthy:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time will tell

Doesnt alter the idea that this poll is noteworthy and worthy of comment:)

I did comment on it and why it was risky to take it at face value, alas you seem to have ignored that.

Still I hope it is true. How long before an independent Scotland discovers its future is actually based on iron pyrites ?
    Forum Member
    So it is ok for SNP to roll out Pro Yes business leaders, but its some kind of tinfoil hat conspiracy if others dont agree?

Its the scaremongering thats the issue not the fact of no.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    I suspect that 54% really mean YES.........Scottish independence will be a disaster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its the scaremongering thats the issue not the fact of no.

What scaremongering?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course their not to be ignored-What gave you that idea?:confused:

Because you're jumping up and down shouting about this one poll, and not even aknowledging there were THREE others showing something completely different. Surely you should be questioning why this poll is so different from the others rather than jumping around in excitement?
    Forum Member
    I did comment on it and why it was risky to take it at face value, alas you seem to have ignored that.

Still I hope it is true. How long before an independent Scotland discovers its future is actually based on iron pyrites ?

I havent ignored it at all, you mean I havent reacted :)I dont see it as risky,I dont see the poll as gospel but I do see it as noteworthy.Your highlighting a cavet not a substantial riak imo-Afterall it is just a poll!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What scaremongering?

Any facts that go against the Yes campaigns ideas of Utopia are scaremongering!
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the feeling that thursday's vote isn't going to do much. It seems the electorate is virtually evenly divided. No matter what the outcome is on friday. There's going to be a lot of unhappy people and an unhealthy division.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    I get the feeling that thursday's vote isn't going to do much. It seems the electorate is virtually evenly divided. No matter what the outcome is on friday. There's going to be a lot of unhappy people and an unhealthy division.

This is the very unfortunate outcome.
    Forum Member
    Because you're jumping up and down shouting about this one poll, and not even aknowledging there were THREE others showing something completely different. Surely you should be questioning why this poll is so different from the others rather than jumping around in excitement?

How have you discerned Im jumping up and down?The biggest yes lead in a poll is noteworthy in its own right even if your in the NO camp its noteworthy,

I aint jumping or shouting,everyone on ds politics forum is aware theres other polls out:)
  • longpiggylongpiggy Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The " Missing Million" is the big unknown - even to the pollsters that is why they are shit scared at looking like idiots. But they shouldn't because this is a different type of election. Also after 2011 they should have a speck that Scottish opinion polls mean nada.

I am Yes but still think it will be a very, very narrow No. Apart from that unpolled. Then it could be easily 57/43. That is how extreme this could be - and no-one has a clue..That is the truth, however much people shout about it. We won't know till we know.
    Forum Member
    Any facts that go against the Yes campaigns ideas of Utopia are scaremongering!

Which facts?

I dont believe in utopia:)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read the front page even the newspaper itself is questioning the poll. So even they aren't sure of its findings. Its actually hidden right away mid article. The poll result is not the article itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I havent ignored it at all, you mean I havent reacted :)I dont see it as risky,I dont see the poll as gospel but I do see it as noteworthy.Your highlighting a cavet not a substantial riak imo-Afterall it is just a poll!:D

The caveat I highlighted came from John Curtis who knows more about polls than you or I. Still if you want to dismiss him so lightly it doesn't say much for the depth or reasonableness of your arguments IMO
    Forum Member
    Having read the front page even the newspaper itself is questioning the poll. So even they aren't sure of its findings. Its actually hidden right away mid article. The poll result is not the article itself.

I agree but its still noteworthy:)