Options

British hostage - beheaded?

Comments

• Options
    123keithy123123keithy123 Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    All my life I have considered myself a liberal, Happy go lucky, Live and let live relaxed guy.

For the first time in my life I feel sickened.

Looking at twitter comments and seeing believers of Islam trying to play devils advocate,
    People sharing the video around just to get some attention on a social networking sight.
    Politicians not doing anything.

I thought this was Great Britain ?

We have never been the biggest country or the most powerful but by gawd we have always packed a punch and certainly stood up for our beliefs and our way of life and OUR PEOPLE.

A British man doing good has just been executed by Islamic animals,

Read the last sentence of our passport notes.

Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State Requests and requires in the Name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary

Protection as may be Necessary.
    Where is the Protection for David Haines ???

We are British for gods sake we should strike fear into the eyes of these backwards barbaric hell hole sexist countries.

I am sick to death of just letting this happen,
    Hell ill sign up tomorrow if it means I can get some retribution for that mans family.

its beyond a joke.

Who the hell do these scum think they are.

Tonight I have grown up and learnt something about life, Sometimes we have to fight fire with fire because these animals they don't know any other way.

Killing innocent British men to make a statement yet hiding behind ya grandmas bloody curtains you make me CLUCKING SICK!

I hope we track them down ALIVE and they are dam well punished for the crimes they have committed and to think they could have been living amongst us.

Bloody Cowards that's all they are.

Our forefathers would have wiped the floor and used you as toilet paper and now its our generations turn to prove that we will not be intimidated by such behaviour.

Tonight I have finally seen what some peoples motives are all about,
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Why are people talking about going to war?
    Not one British soldier's life is worth opposing these scum on the terms that they are dictating.

Much better attack them where it hurts, personally.

Round up and intern all the families of anybody known to be fighting for Isis. Make them have to look into their parents, sisters, brothers eyes and answer to them what has happened to them.

Start procedures to remove citizenship and if they can't find a country that will accept them, then it's jail for the rest of their lives.

Destroy their lives here so there is nothing for them to come back to.
    It might make a few think more before taking what this country has given themselves and their families for granted and stop them going.

They don't care about this country, nor their families nor even their lives, if they did they would never have travelled to Syria in the first place. Persecuting individuals is not the answer, we must persecute the violent ideology of islam itself and aggressively integrate the Muslim communities who have thus far refused to be integrated.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think grassing them up to their mummy and daddy is going to help much unfortunately.

Destroying their lives here and those of their families might though.

It's a better solution than putting soldiers in danger and at risk.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    Agree totally. However, for me that includes C of E and Catholic schools as well. Lets take all religion out of schools. That does not mean schools should not teach morals and ethics, that you should not kill, steal etc are common sense rules for communities to live by that you do not need a religious framework to include in the education of children.

That's what I meant by all of them - Islamic, Christian, Jewish - the lot.

Teach kids universal values and let them sit in classrooms alongside children of all faiths and cultures so they grow up learning and playing together
  • Options
    bookcoverbookcover Posts: 6,216
    Forum Member
    Mookle wrote: »
    Is this thread sponsored by the EDL?

Humans do not need to affiliated to anything to get in touch with what is right and wrong. And the Killing of David Haines is wrong.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Once again I am left feeling appalled and disgusted that another human being has left us at the hands of a killer.

My sincerest condolences go to David's family. David Haines, an aid worker who is guilty of nothing more then be a humanitarian and care for others who were suffering.

Even that Hook chap who was extradited to the USA.He said killing journalists and aid workers was not on.Even Al Qaeda recognised that beheading people was counter productive to their cause.
    Problem is these I S people pride themselves on their level of violence.An Army of Psychopaths.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    Destroying their lives here and those of their families might though.

It's a better solution than putting soldiers in danger and at risk.

You can't destroy their family's lives for the actions of them. Destroy their life I agree, unless their family have also done it, they are as innocent as you and I.

There are allegedly only a few hundred British citizens over there. What about all the non-British IS scumbags? Do you think they are going to give up because we've taken away a passport?

Military action is needed.
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people talking about going to war?
    Not one British soldier's life is worth opposing these scum on the terms that they are dictating.

Much better attack them where it hurts, personally.

Round up and intern all the families of anybody known to be fighting for Isis. Make them have to look into their parents, sisters, brothers eyes and answer to them what has happened to them.

Start procedures to remove citizenship and if they can't find a country that will accept them, then it's jail for the rest of their lives.

Destroy their lives here so there is nothing for them to come back to.
    It might make a few think more before taking what this country has given themselves and their families for granted and stop them going.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/05/world/europe/isis-bride-glasgow-scotland/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't care about this country, nor their families nor even their lives, if they did they would never have travelled to Syria in the first place. Persecuting individuals is not the answer, we must persecute the violent ideology of islam itself and aggressively integrate the Muslim communities who have thus far refused to be integrated.

A life is a long time.

Make no mistake, when these people went to fight, they went in the sure knowledge that if they survive, this country will allow them to eventually live their life without fear of retribution.
    That they will see their families again, that they will be forgiven.

There are acres of legislation and millions of pounds to be earnt ensuring that.

Our civilisation is our weakness.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All my life I have considered myself a liberal, Happy go lucky, Live and let live relaxed guy.

Looking at twitter comments and seeing believers of Islam trying to play devils advocate,
    People sharing the video around just to get some attention on a social networking sight.

We have never been the biggest country or the most powerful but by gawd we have always packed a punch and certainly stood up for our beliefs and our way of life and OUR PEOPLE.

Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State Requests and requires in the Name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary

We are British for gods sake we should strike fear into the eyes of these backwards barbaric hell hole sexist countries.

Hell ill sign up tomorrow if it means I can get some retribution for that mans family.

its beyond a joke.

Tonight I have grown up and learnt something about life, Sometimes we have to fight fire with fire because these animals they don't know any other way.

Killing innocent British men to make a statement yet hiding behind ya grandmas bloody curtains you make me CLUCKING SICK!

I hope we track them down ALIVE and they are dam well punished for the crimes they have committed and to think they could have been living amongst us.

Our forefathers would have wiped the floor and used you as toilet paper and now its our generations turn to prove that we will not be intimidated by such behaviour.

Well said keithy.
    As Lawrence Of Arabia once said.'NO PRISONERS'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can't destroy their family's lives for the actions of them. Destroy their life I agree, unless their family have also done it, they are as innocent as you and I.

There are allegedly only a few hundred British citizens over there. What about all the non-British IS scumbags? Do you think they are going to give up because we've taken away a passport?

What kind of action though?

US/UK troops on the ground would only make matters worse and create more terrorists - both at home and abroad.
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    If even one single politician is thinking more about winning votes than doing the right thing then they should be removed from office immediately because their duty is to serve the public and not their own interests.

Agree totally.

Alex Salmond don't dare go there (the latest victim was from Perth, Scotland)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

its beyond a joke.

Amen Brother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A life is a long time.

Make no mistake, when these people went to fight, they went in the sure knowledge that if they survive, this country will allow them to eventually live their life without fear of retribution.
    That they will see their families again, that they will be forgiven.

There are acres of legislation and millions of pounds to be earnt ensuring that.

Our civilisation is our weakness.

I agree, some officials have even suggested an amnesty so long as they provide information about ISIS :(
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you're not aware then that the video directly references David Cameron and his recent actions?

What he could have done was quietly pay the ransom, there WAS only one British hostage after all...whereas we are left with a PM that can't even keep alive the single person he's publically taken direct responsibility for.

I don't think paying ransoms is a good idea tbh. You have to weigh up one life against funding these zealots and further enabling them to kill more people and carry out terrorist attacks. It's not easy to take a no ransom position but I think it is the right thing to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are they?

How blind do you have to be in this day and age to bring your children up as part of a religion that is getting more and more extreme with every passing year?

Where does the buck stop?

I would much prefer to see the families of these murderers suffer than seeing the families of soldiers suffer.
    The soldiers don't get a choice. Sent to the various hellholes and told to fight with one hand tied behind their backs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What kind of action though?

US/UK troops on the ground would only make matters worse and create more terrorists - both at home and abroad.

I think we need to join the US air strikes firstly. I don't want troops on the ground but we do need to start air strikes IMO. There doesn't appear to be any other option. We can't do nothing, we can't negotiate, we can't pay ransoms.

Over here, we need a US style prison built here. Not Guantanamo style, but a maximum security prison with minimal communal time for prisoners. In single bed cells, 22 hours a day, let out for one hour in the morning, one in the evening in single person 'cells' outside. Anybody found guilty of being an IS fighter who comes back to this country gets a life sentence in this facility. Also used for people who actively promote IS's message.

That's where I would start personally. Probably get disagreement all around (some will say too harsh, some will say not enough) but that's where I would start.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    Even that Hook chap who was extradited to the USA.He said killing journalists and aid workers was not on.Even Al Qaeda recognised that beheading people was counter productive to their cause.
    Problem is these I S people pride themselves on their level of violence.An Army of Psychopaths.

BIB I am in agreement, I do wonder what these characters real motives are? Any excuse is being used to consolidate their immoral, inhumane treatment of civilians.

Letting these "people" return from their much prided IS and settle back into the 9-5 of decent countries IMO is a no, no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are they?

How blind do you have to be in this day and age to bring your children up as part of a religion that is getting more and more extreme with every passing year?

Where does the buck stop?

I would much prefer to see the families of these murderers suffer than seeing the families of soldiers suffer.
    The soldiers don't get a choice. Sent to the various hellholes and told to fight with one hand tied behind their backs.

Let's not stop there then. Let's start punishing families of all murderers shall we? That is what you are suggesting. Let's destroy their lives too despite them having done nothing wrong.

How long do you think that attitude will work for in regards to IS before the Muslims that aren't doing this disgusting stuff start feeling persecuted having done nothing wrong.

You target the scum doing it. The military do have a choice, they have a choice to be in the military or not. If they are in the military, they are both happy and willing to do their job to protect this country and if they aren't, they need leave.

You also target the young with education to try and ensure another generation of these people is not being born.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, some officials have even suggested an amnesty so long as they provide information about ISIS :(

You have look at it pragmatically. If offering some type of quid pro quo of reintegration for information enables us to gain an advantage over IS then its worth doing. However much it might feel wrong emotionally that doesn't mean it isn't the strategically smart thing to do.
  • Options
    BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notice John is so brave he has to cover his face.

Bastard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bahtat wrote: »
    Notice John is so brave he has to cover his face.

Bastard

He might be a shit but that doesn't mean he's stupid.
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Well said keithy.
    As Lawrence Of Arabia once said.'NO PRISONERS'
    He didn't say that, a film script did.
  • Options
    The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raquelos. wrote: »
    You have look at it pragmatically. If offering some type of quid pro quo of reintegration for information enables us to gain an advantage over IS then its worth doing. However much it might feel wrong emotionally that doesn't mean it isn't the strategically smart thing to do.

Reintegration? Screw that. "Tell us everything you know or you will die today" would be a better offer.
  • Options
    Forum Member