Options

Best tooth whitening

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
Forum Member
OK, so I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds and I also don't want to look like Simon Cowell !!
Has anyone used something that works well to bring a bit of brightness back and make your teeth a few shades lighter?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    you are meant to rub bay leaves on your teeth a couple of inutes after brushing and that is meant to work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crest whitestrips - cheap and they work!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I looked online and it says Crest Whitestrips are non available in UK stores...are they safe? Seems like they have bleach in them, is that OK, anyone had side effects from using them?
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whitening toothpaste does get rid of tartar or whatever the brown siz is left by tea and ****. It just takes a few months thats all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked online and it says Crest Whitestrips are non available in UK stores...are they safe? Seems like they have bleach in them, is that OK, anyone had side effects from using them?

They are not sold over here, EU laws or something. You can buy them from British sellers off Ebay. Depending on which ones you get, they average about £10 for 7 days worth.

They have peroxide in them yes, that's how they lighten your teeth. I've recently just used them for the first time, and I'm about half way through a week's supply. I've had no side effects what so ever, although some people say they get sensitive teeth from using them, I haven't experienced this.

I would definitely recommend them. After only using them a few times, my teeth are definitely lighter and brighter - worth a tenner is you ask me!
  • Options
    EdwardPEdwardP Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try Pearl Drops Hollywood Smile. Used twice daily you will notice the difference in a week. It's cheap too.
  • Options
    Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member

This +1. They really do work wonders.

As for whether they're safe or not... yes, they are, perfectly. They're sold in virtually every supermarket in the States, hundreds of thousands of people use them.
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the Crest Whitestrips recommendations - they can make your teeth feel a bit sensitive after you've used them, but this stops after a couple of days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    I agree with the Crest Whitestrips recommendations - they can make your teeth feel a bit sensitive after you've used them, but this stops after a couple of days.

My dentist told me to use old tooth trays from a whitening kit and put sensitive teeth toothpaste in the and wear for 10-20 minutes. Works a treat relieving the symptoms
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know this until the other day, but the US do toothpaste with peroxide in! Over there they sell Colgate and Arm and Hammer toothpaste (among other well known brands as well) which actually have a percentage of peroxide in. Never ever tried them (only seem them sold on Ebay and quite expensive) as I can't really imagine putting peroxide in my gob every day.

On the subject of toothpastes though, I've tried a couple of British whitening tootpastes and none are great tbh. I've tried the Pearl Drops one and wasn't impressed. Blanx is quite good, it's about £6-7 though. It makes a slight difference to your teeth, but not as good as the Crest strips.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree! They're great! :)
  • Options
    DracarysDracarys Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious about the Crest whitestrips since they've been mentioned a few times, any particular place you can buy them from? Any links perhaps?
  • Options
    lamplite1clamplite1c Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    just search eBay, i had a few results returned 129, just bought some too, i love ebay
  • Options
    OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one for crest white strips here! If you do go for them, go for the advanced seal ones as they are alot better fit & easier to talk, drink etc with on. I tried another set of them, can't remember the name though & although they worked, the were very thin & kept moving around alot
  • Options
    dreamfishdreamfish Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more for Crest White Strips. Last time they hurt a bit due to sensitivity - nothing that lasted though. And they WORK!

For toothpaste, use Pear Drops.
  • Options
    CornucopiaCornucopia Posts: 19,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dreamfish wrote: »
    For toothpaste, use Pear Drops.
    Mmmmm... Pear drops. ;)

I have tried a number of the supermarket own-brands, and although they are called "Whitening" or similar, they seem to have no noticeable effect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    This +1. They really do work wonders.

As for whether they're safe or not... yes, they are, perfectly. They're sold in virtually every supermarket in the States, hundreds of thousands of people use them.

Another vote for crest whitestrips:)
  • Options
    ianlawnianlawn Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought some a few days ago, not heard any bad reviews. Why aren't they available here? Also are there any benefits doing it every day for a week, rather than just when needed?
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianlawn wrote: »
    I bought some a few days ago, not heard any bad reviews. Why aren't they available here? Also are there any benefits doing it every day for a week, rather than just when needed?

They're not available here because I think theres a very low limit on the amount of hydrogen peroxide that can be put in teeth whitening products in the UK. Which is why anything you can get off the shelf in Boots/Superdrug is pretty much useless, because its got such a low level of bleach in that it doesn't make a difference.

And you apply the strips twice a day for 10 days (I think, its been a while since I've used them). I think if you did it 'just when needed', it would take ages to see a difference - you need to use at least half a pack or a pack to see a noticeable difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkone338 wrote: »

£22 seems a bit steep. I'm sure they're cheaper on ebay. I paid £10.39 for 7 days worth, so 14 strips in total (one for upper and one for lower in each pouch)
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the dentist and bought a treatment from them. They took a cast of my teeth then I went back and collected two rubbery 'trays' that I had to squeeze some clear gel into, and then wear them at night. It tasted a bit weird but I perservered and got good results - very natural, not the Cowell look at all! :) (The only drawback is that it seems to have made my teeth more sensitive - not all the time, just now and then.)
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    OK, so I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds and I also don't want to look like Simon Cowell !!
    Has anyone used something that works well to bring a bit of brightness back and make your teeth a few shades lighter?

I fell for a scam on the net, which was supposed to be a trial size of 'Dazzle White Pro'. Therefore I ordered the trial size and lo and behold my credit card was not only debited for the trial size, but another three tubes at full price.Beware these people saying "try this its great" and giving a link to a website!:mad:
    My credit card company are now dealing with this.
  • Options
    elizadooolittleelizadooolittle Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having read this thread, i've been on ebay looking and there seem quite a selection - classic, premium, supreme pro - so i've decided to go for premium.

my teeth are pretty good but i would like just a shade or 2 brighter. ooh, hope they work!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    x_Charl_x wrote: »
    £22 seems a bit steep. I'm sure they're cheaper on ebay. I paid £10.39 for 7 days worth, so 14 strips in total (one for upper and one for lower in each pouch)

Look around ebay because you can sometimes get more for the same price. I've just bought 42 for £22. Make sure you check expiry dates before you order.