Options

One of Corrie's main characters quits! [Spoilers - Obviously]

2»

Comments

• Options
    gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I love Becky.

But Katherine Kelly is a fantastic actress.
  • Options
    Old Man 43Old Man 43 Posts: 6,214
    Forum Member
    Katherine Kelly is a RADA trained actress and a Royal Shakespeare Company leading lady. Both in Stratford-Upon-Avon and the West End.

So to say that she is an awful actress is rubbish. She is playing Becky the way that the writers want her to play her.
  • Options
    polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evamoo wrote: »
    awww is steve going to get with tracey? knock her up again?

katherine kelly is great, but i cant say im sorry becky might leave, her and steve have been awful together.

That would be really good, i reckon, and that would break becky's heart. Tracey pregnant with steve, amy having a sister/brother on the way, and "when" kylie comes back for max (which i'm pretty sure she will), That'll be becky on her own, isolated, watching 'her stevie' play happy families . Hopefully she'll just get into a taxi crying and file for divorce away from the street.
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Becky too.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    i think this is great news! -If true.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully this is real, I can't stand the character, she is way overused and annoying. Don't get me wrong, I find Katherine Kelly an alright actress and seems like a really nice person.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish she was never paired with Steve
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Becky and Katherine Kelly who plays her. I'll be sad to see her leave :(
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Old Man 43 wrote: »
    Katherine Kelly is a RADA trained actress and a Royal Shakespeare Company leading lady. Both in Stratford-Upon-Avon and the West End.

So to say that she is an awful actress is rubbish. She is playing Becky the way that the writers want her to play her.

I never said she was awful, just average
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    I hope this is true. Annoying character and poor actress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    In a way I'm quite glad if this is true. She gets way too much screen time. I like her with the Croppers, Claire, Ken even Kylie but with Steve she is terrible. They just don't work. Their relationship comes across a bit fake and forced onscreen. Steve should just be left alone. Michelle wasn't even too bad until her and Steve became an item. The only love interest that has worked well with Steve is Karen.

As much as I've grown to dislike the character since she was paired up with Steve, I can't argue with the fact that Katherine Kelly is a very good actress and I wish her the best for the rest of her career.:)
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Becky and think Katherine seems like a lovely girl, if it's true then I'll be sad to see her go. =( Mreso since Toxic Tracey will n doubt have something to do with it! GRR
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old Man 43 wrote: »

Exactly she is a terrific actress, Becky is just one of the many roles she has played. She plays her in an irritating way - I loathe and detest Carla Connor but Alison King plays her well.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be great if they split her from Steve, she's much better on her own same with Steve
  • Options
    speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why does it say corrie babe?,stretching the truth a bit if you ask me,its like when bradley walsh was being called a corrie hunk.