DLT On Twitter

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    That was a brilliant Radio Quiz show ever. Noel Edmonds did a brilliant Gotcha on him too.[/QUOTE]

What happened?
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    It is a spoof account. It is a gentle wind up of the Daily Mail 'its not as good as the old days, political correctness gone mad' brigade. This account has been DLT before and then became Parky and then back to DLT. I must admit I love these spoof accounts of old stars of showbiz with a lot of bitterness lashing out at todays stars. The Don Estelle from 'aint alf hot mum' twitter account is very amusing as is Meg Mortimer from Crossroads with the latest goings on in the motel.
  • Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    You think it was OK to do that in the first place? Admiring the female form is great, to be lewd and rude really isn't.

I find it quite flattering and it gives me a real boost.
    Fortunately ,builders on scaffolding are far enough away not to see the five a clock shadow or likely to ask me a question .
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always used to think that he was a menacing kind of a chap. He had a dark undertone about him - even just in the way he used to speak. As a kid I didn't like the way he used to call people 'pal', it was never said in a friendly way. I don't like him.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of a joke I heard about DLT - I'll hide in case it offends someone.
    Woman went to the police and said she was groped by DLT. The copper said to her 'so you were grabbed by the hairy cornflake?' 'No' she said, 'the t*ts'
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Rob_Moore wrote: »
    It is a spoof account. It is a gentle wind up of the Daily Mail 'its not as good as the old days, political correctness gone mad' brigade. This account has been DLT before and then became Parky and then back to DLT. I must admit I love these spoof accounts of old stars of showbiz with a lot of bitterness lashing out at todays stars. The Don Estelle from 'aint alf hot mum' twitter account is very amusing as is Meg Mortimer from Crossroads with the latest goings on in the motel.

thanks not seen them before:D:D:D
  • Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Reminds me of a joke I heard about DLT - I'll hide in case it offends someone.
    Woman went to the police and said she was groped by DLT. The copper said to her 'so you were grabbed by the hairy cornflake?' 'No' she said, 'the t*ts'

Brilliant ,quite quite brilliant!:D:D:D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems his Twitter page has been taken down or there's an error.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always used to think that he was a menacing kind of a chap. He had a dark undertone about him - even just in the way he used to speak. As a kid I didn't like the way he used to call people 'pal', it was never said in a friendly way. I don't like him.

So agree with this. He came across, in his heyday, as someone with a forced jovial personality who'd instantly turn nasty the minute he was irritated in the slightest, IMO. I remember the usage of the word 'pal' very well too. It was always said in a :mad: voice.

He still comes across as belligerent, arrogant and aggressive.